Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-07, 20:13   Link #1621
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
It seems like Age took her to the other side... I remember that scene clearly (it's one of the best, IMO), and there's little question that he took hold of her hand and took her through the portal

... as the crew back on board goes "Where did Hime-sama go?"

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 11:05   Link #1622
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
... as the crew back on board goes "Where did Hime-sama go?"
I don't recollect seeing any scene like that after age took D's hand.
Old 2008-10-08, 12:21   Link #1623
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

... that was me doing a fan parody. Though I wish they would've done something like that, just to prove that she's gone with Age

Old 2008-10-10, 01:21   Link #1624
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
You mean Lacus and Kira.

I thought it looked like Age took her to the other side, but it's rather unclear. Plus, I haven't watched the last episode since it aired all that time ago so I could be misremembering.

The series was fun to watch, but I wouldn't say it's a favorite of mine. I don't see myself buying a dvd box set for it.
It is not clear whether he took her to the other side or they stay together in this side. the only thing that is for certain is that they END TOGETHER. The actual location is not really that important. I thank the director and the scriptwriter for at least giving us that. I thought they were going to leave it open ended till I saw the native life form all gather there then I knew immediately was going to happen.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 05:49   Link #1625
Zear

Sorry if theres some gramatical errors.

So I finally got around to finishing the whole series (at the time this was airing i had to reformat and I've put it off since). So .. recalling I hadn't finished this anime .. I picked it up again and watched it from the beginning. This anime was excellent in my opinion.. I enjoyed it very much.

Finishing up.. Heres my take on the ending (it may be a bit to read):
Spoiler for Heoric Age Ending:

Phew.. anyway.. awesome anime..I'm gonna recommend it to some of my friends.

Last edited by Zear; 2008-11-24 at 05:51. Reason: typos
Zear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 18:48   Link #1626
Kraker2k

Honestly, I'm not really bothered if they stayed in his world or went through the gate, the fact that he came for her is the sweet thing.
Old 2009-04-24, 06:23   Link #1627
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Funi listened to my petition and removed the region restriction on a number of shows on their online streaming. So off i trotted to watch heroic age. And all i can say is please god kill me now.

Right off the bat we have characters renamed, one of the most insane is B-Navi becoming B Nabi, and you can hear him say the b. Hime gets renamed as Dhianeila which just sounds totaly weird, though not as weird as her VA. Who sounds totaly messed up and just dosent fit the character at all.

Age, urgh dont get me started there. Funi usually do alright with anime, they arent the best by any means but they arent as bad as say Viz or ADV, but the rewrites in this series, though on the face of it may be minor, are insane given the number of them.

None of the chars sound right, i forced my way through the first episode but the meer thought of having to watch a second ep with that dub made me wanna cry. Wish they'd allowed a sub option as well. Though if they used the same script for the subs i don't think i'd bother.

Guess this is one series i won't be buying anytime soon
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 06:31   Link #1628
RisArk

Quote:
Hime gets renamed as Dhianeila
....You do realize Dhianeila is her real name, right?
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 06:33   Link #1629
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraker2k View Post
Honestly, I'm not really bothered if they stayed in his world or went through the gate, the fact that he came for her is the sweet thing.
that is my take on this too. does it matter where they are? anyway, the explanation about the gate being a one way device and needing a lot of energy to open make sense.
Old 2009-04-24, 06:52   Link #1630
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisArk View Post
....You do realize Dhianeila is her real name, right?
True, her full name is Dhianeila Y Leisha Altria Ol Yunos. However it's pronounced Dianeira I Raisha Arutoria Oru Yūnosu. Even in the original japanese audio its clearly being stated as Dianeira.

IMO it's the Crest of the Stars argument, which do you use, the name that's clearly being heard, or the oficial name? In CoS they wisely chose to go with what's been said over the official name. For some reason they choose the oposite in HA. And it sounds damned awful, though a lot of my hate is probably from that gawd awful dub.
Old 2009-04-24, 10:10   Link #1631
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
And it sounds damned awful, though a lot of my hate is probably from that gawd awful dub.
that is why they provide both audio. dubs are ideal for people that NEVER watched the show. for those that already watched the show with fansubs, dubs rarely can compare or surpass the original.
Old 2009-04-24, 11:43   Link #1632
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

If they use the same script for the subs that they used for the dubs it'll still suck. Not as badly, but it'll still be a lame series.

Funi seem to be losing teir touch the past year, probably cause they're now licensing anything they can get their hands on so they're spread thin. I can see Funi going the way of Tokyopap in the end, iver extended to fast and ending up hanging on by a strand of hair
Old 2009-04-24, 19:27   Link #1633
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

... and hence why I gag whenever a series gets licensed. HA is still a favorite, so I'll probably buy it... but yes, the official bastardization of it sucks. Hard.

And her VA, at least from what I heard, isn't too bad... but I think I was cringing when I heard it. Which is why when the DVD comes out, turn the original audio on

Old 2009-04-24, 20:09   Link #1634
RisArk

Quote:
... and hence why I gag whenever a series gets licensed.
You gag when the show's creators get money?
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 21:14   Link #1635
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisArk View Post
You gag when the show's creators get money?
no, because we know it's going to be bastardised.

As for her VA, she isn't bad really, but she dosen't fit the character. Her voice just dosen't have the soft touch that hime is supposed to have, like what she has in the japanese audio.

I nearly peed myself laughing at Mobead's VA though, i mean that's so bad it's almost good.

The problem in general comes from the VA career in general though IMO. In japan it's like a huge thing to be a VA, where as over here it's pretty much looked down on so they don't really put in any effort.

For me though, it wouldn't be so bad if the companies actually translated and said what was being said, not making up their own script. I've always wondered though if what they're doing isn't a breach of copyright or licensing laws. Aren't they paying to bring a specific title over, and thus if they change it wouldn't that be a breach of those terms, and since they're changing the script wouldn't it be a breach of copyright?
Old 2009-05-02, 23:01   Link #1636
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
For me though, it wouldn't be so bad if the companies actually translated and said what was being said, not making up their own script. I've always wondered though if what they're doing isn't a breach of copyright or licensing laws. Aren't they paying to bring a specific title over, and thus if they change it wouldn't that be a breach of those terms, and since they're changing the script wouldn't it be a breach of copyright?
Not much choice. They have to match lip movements
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 23:05   Link #1637
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Not much choice. They have to match lip movements
No they don't....it always drags it all down when they go and ad lib ><
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 23:45   Link #1638
cyberdemon

strange thing happened. I went to best buy and saw Heroic Age on the shelves even though it isn't supposed to be released until the 12th.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 12:21   Link #1639
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
strange thing happened. I went to best buy and saw Heroic Age on the shelves even though it isn't supposed to be released until the 12th.
it wouldn't be the first time it happens. IT is not like companies wait till the release date to ship their products.
Old 2009-10-04, 16:12   Link #1640
idont

just finished watching this and I have to say it was good. I'd give it a 7.5. loved the ending song. it seems like a lot of the ideas were taken from Babylon 5. ancient race leaves galaxy. remaining races fight amongst each other to prove something.
idont is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, science fiction