AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2014-09-10, 17:28   Link #6861
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

A Certain Collection of Events has been updated.

So many different one-shots have taken form in my head lately, but I don't have time to write them all...whereas I had the opposite problem just a few weeks ago. Curse you, karma. It's because I saw Heavy Object animated, isn't it?

As for the idea of a doujin; finding someone who can draw it for you is hard. I'd suggest just pitching your idea out on sites where people who might be interested hang out. I just know that one day, I'm going to go to Japan and force my Dark May Project idea onto every artistically inclined otaku I find.

silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 22:16   Link #6862
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
It was an original work, so it is unlikely that anyone here would know. I don't remember details like title or author right now, but basic plot was like this: after a typical scene of a shy geek being bullied by a asshole jock, said geek decides to rape the jock's girlfriend as payback. However, in the process of "raping" her, he actually treats the girl more kindly than the jock ever did - so the girl gets hooked up on the geek afterwards.
I actually take a preference to original works; in which case yes I do know of the doujin you're talking about. It took the guy forever to finally do a continuation of that, but he did and I was glad he did. But yeah, the example is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverexorcist View Post
A Certain Collection of Events has been updated.

So many different one-shots have taken form in my head lately, but I don't have time to write them all...whereas I had the opposite problem just a few weeks ago. Curse you, karma. It's because I saw Heavy Object animated, isn't it?

As for the idea of a doujin; finding someone who can draw it for you is hard. I'd suggest just pitching your idea out on sites where people who might be interested hang out. I just know that one day, I'm going to go to Japan and force my Dark May Project idea onto every artistically inclined otaku I find.
Quote:
"Just shut up and get over here!"

"I wasn't talking, and I don't wanna! You're going to hurt me!"
XD

Again, though, that's assuming I throw caution to the wind and just write it. Like you though, I'm just waiting for some talented Otaku to come around and just start drawing stuff from Darkness Project. Epic Legion was very kind in making the cover art; so at least part of my dream was achieved.

But until I see a legit Touma/Mugino fan-art; my dream remains incomplete.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 22:41   Link #6863
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
I actually take a preference to original works; in which case yes I do know of the doujin you're talking about. It took the guy forever to finally do a continuation of that, but he did and I was glad he did. But yeah, the example is appreciated.

XD

Again, though, that's assuming I throw caution to the wind and just write it. Like you though, I'm just waiting for some talented Otaku to come around and just start drawing stuff from Darkness Project. Epic Legion was very kind in making the cover art; so at least part of my dream was achieved.

But until I see a legit Touma/Mugino fan-art; my dream remains incomplete.

He did a continuation? That's news for me!
Time to explore the internet to find an archive site that has it. Could you help me out by pointing out the name of the author, please?

Also, if you want to see more pics based on your work, you should advertise it on places other than here. I have long came to realize that this forum is mostly a place where lazy bums gather...
Old 2014-09-10, 23:00   Link #6864
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

The author of that doujin was Chiyou Yoyuchi.

In regards to advertisement, well, I don't particularly know of a specific site that has loads of artistic people hanging out outside of DeviantArt. I could post my Darkness Project there; but I'm not sure it will stay there.

Any suggestions as regarding where else I can post the story to get it some attention?

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-09-11, 13:23   Link #6865
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Is it sad that I'm wondering when me and MrQuestionMark are gonna get our own Tropes page on the TV Tropes site?

I can understand why I don't, as my story's just now getting to the part where everything's gonna get good. I can acknowledge that, but MrQuestionMark at least deserves his own trope page given how far along he's come with his story. Seriously, we're the two top reviewed stories in the Index section of FF.net. You'd think that would have amounted to something by now, given how much dedication we both have put into our respected works.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-09-11, 20:00   Link #6866
FlyingCow65

Quote:
Is it sad that I'm wondering when me and MrQuestionMark are gonna get our own Tropes page on the TV Tropes site?

I can understand why I don't, as my story's just now getting to the part where everything's gonna get good. I can acknowledge that, but MrQuestionMark at least deserves his own trope page given how far along he's come with his story. Seriously, we're the two top reviewed stories in the Index section of FF.net. You'd think that would have amounted to something by now, given how much dedication we both have put into our respected works.
You do deserve it, I started reading ACWD just for curiosity until I got hooked on it, I keep reading it when I can (waiting for Touma ITEM version in acion, let´s hope not as a goon) and I must say that the way you put Touma and Mugino together makes them look cool (How will be their reaction when he loses his memories? Sadness rage? just thinking about it makes my back shiver)
FlyingCow65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 20:12   Link #6867
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

The thing is, I think ACUL0 kinda deserves it more so since his plot is more fleshed out than mine is at the moment. Getting Touma into ITEM was where the story really starts getting interesting for many reasons.

How will Touma react to the work which ITEM does? What will he do when he realizes ITEM is a group that murders people for no other reason than profit? Who will he save, and who will he fail to save? How he bond with those girls? What kind of relationship will he have with them? What impact will he have on them and others in the darkness before and after I get into cannon territory?

And all that's just the tip of the iceberg. Everything leading up to where I am currently was just a stepping stone. Now that I'm here, the real story can begin and we'll get to see just how Touma takes all this...and how this effects his motivations later on.

That's what I'm shooting for; I wanted that long term goal of 'saving a certain girl' to really mean something when it happens. When you see how much he'll struggle to cope with these things, it'll make the end reward all the sweeter.

But that all takes time, and while I'd like to skip certain parts and jump straight into the next arc, I can't. I can't because it ruins the whole development process of him being in ITEM and makes everything feel rushed and half-assed.

So, as I said before, ACUL0 deserves it more because its plot is more fleshed out; whereas mine is just about to begin.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-09-11, 20:23   Link #6868
Wandering Soul

Quote:

So, as I said before, ACUL0 deserves it more because its plot is more fleshed out; whereas mine is just about to begin.
I say you both deserve it since so far you guys have two of the best Index fanfics out there. You both are also trying your best to update regularly which shows you enjoy what your writing and care about your readers. I understand that getting a page on Tv tropes is a honor for fan fic writers so I hope you get that page but even if you don't I think I speak for most if not all the people on this thread when I say "I love your fic and await how you continue the story".
Old 2014-09-11, 21:09   Link #6869
FlyingCow65

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I say you both deserve it since so far you guys have two of the best Index fanfics out there. You both are also trying your best to update regularly which shows you enjoy what your writing and care about your readers. I understand that getting a page on Tv tropes is a honor for fan fic writers so I hope you get that page but even if you don't I think I speak for most if not all the people on this thread when I say "I love your fic and await how you continue the story".
This! You guys are awsome, and you have many fans out there!
Old 2014-09-11, 22:00   Link #6870
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

The praise is flattering and I appreciate it greatly. It does improve moral, that much I won't deny, and I'm glad everyone enjoys it. All I'm saying is that between the two MrQuestionMark should get first dibs since he started a ways before I did.

I'm not undermining my story or anything, nor am I gonna say 'mines better roar!' since I genuinely enjoy his work too. What I'm saying is that, if I was a Troper and I had to choose between the two in an unbiased fashion then I'd pick ACUL0 first before ACWOD for reasons which have already been expressed. I'm not sure MrQuestionMark cares much about it, but it bothers me to a certain degree.

If it happens it happens, sooner or later someone's gonna eventually do it on their own volition. All I ask is that, if it does, it goes in a 'first come first served' manner. So long as that happens and I eventually get mine, then I'll be content.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-09-12, 05:06   Link #6871
Theroryu
Random Theory Maker

I got bored and tried thinking of a fanfic plot.

-The two Sargasso bases.
-Both start to change after being exposed to high amounts of magic an AIMs as well as other supernatural phenomenons.
-Humanoid beings appears in both areas.
-Hostile beings in the North Sea Sargasso, Friendlies in Tokyo Bay Sargasso
Spoiler for :D:

And now I'm depressed at my sucky writing skills. Anyone interested in writing it?
Theroryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 11:55   Link #6872
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
The praise is flattering and I appreciate it greatly. It does improve moral, that much I won't deny, and I'm glad everyone enjoys it. All I'm saying is that between the two MrQuestionMark should get first dibs since he started a ways before I did.

I'm not undermining my story or anything, nor am I gonna say 'mines better roar!' since I genuinely enjoy his work too. What I'm saying is that, if I was a Troper and I had to choose between the two in an unbiased fashion then I'd pick ACUL0 first before ACWOD for reasons which have already been expressed. I'm not sure MrQuestionMark cares much about it, but it bothers me to a certain degree.

If it happens it happens, sooner or later someone's gonna eventually do it on their own volition. All I ask is that, if it does, it goes in a 'first come first served' manner. So long as that happens and I eventually get mine, then I'll be content.
Yeah, the stuff you write is amazing anyway. You will surely get it eventually.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 14:38   Link #6873
Inept Forum User

Few minor questions (sorry if I shouldn't ask):
  • Out of the various characters that could be and have been focused on in FFs, which do people reckon are the more neglected or under-used?
  • Just wondering, are there any known FFs with a Touma imposter?
  • Also, are there any that are based on either a false spoiler, or an unused or discarded premise?
  • Out of the known Level 5s, which ones do people reckon would best fit which role out of the following, if at all; Gasman, Carpenter, Glazier, Painter? (there was also Electrician but I'm more certain of what the answer would be for that one)

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2014-09-14 at 16:02. Reason: Added in extra question.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 02:49   Link #6874
The One Above God
Kamijou

In case any of you are interested, A Certain Dark Lord has now been updated
A Certain Dark Lord
I would like to hear your thoughts about it.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 13:35   Link #6875
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Few minor questions (sorry if I shouldn't ask):
  • Out of the various characters that could be and have been focused on in FFs, which do people reckon are the more neglected or under-used?
  • Just wondering, are there any known FFs with a Touma imposter?
  • Also, are there any that are based on either a false spoiler, or an unused or discarded premise?
  • Out of the known Level 5s, which ones do people reckon would best fit which role out of the following, if at all; Gasman, Carpenter, Glazier, Painter? (there was also Electrician but I'm more certain of what the answer would be for that one)
Spoiler for colorful:
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 13:41   Link #6876
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Wondering if this is how I should have most of their 'meetings' go in the future...if so GOD I need to have a Delta Force vs. ITEM moment.

Spoiler for First ITEM Meeting:

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-09-16, 20:52   Link #6877
FlyingCow65

Quote:
Wondering if this is how I should have most of their 'meetings' go in the future...if so GOD I need to have a Delta Force vs. ITEM moment.

Wonderful... Just wonderful, question will we see Dragon King helping Touma? And I don´t know why but I see a Tsundere Frenda, Kuudere Saia and Yandere/dere Mugino, I see takitsubou as the good sister or the weird cousin.
Old 2014-09-16, 23:02   Link #6878
faiz blaster

(Look back that the earliest NT volumes) <.<

It seems that Takitsubou also has yandere tendencies....
Old 2014-09-18, 10:13   Link #6879
Itherael
The Writer of Souls

Quote:

Such a teaser damnit. Hope to see the actual chapter soon.
Old 2014-09-18, 14:25   Link #6880
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here's an idea for a crossover.
Index/Railgun and the SCP Foundation.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction