AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-12, 00:39   Link #541
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

So is it still Megumi Takamoto doing naughty himea or is it Marina Inoue during episode 5 because I got stroke sinister creative genius
Old 2011-08-12, 04:06   Link #542
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
This show is bad, no doubt about it. But I'm still enjoying it a bit.

And seriously, 99% of LN adaptations are horrible.
I wouldn't make the percentage THAT high (although it is true that more often than not, LN adaptions tend to be mediocre at best). But there are plenty of very well done LN adaptions, such as Nisio Isin's Bakemonogatari and Katanagatari as two very recent examples. Hasekura's Spice and Wolf is another.

I agree with others in that watching this show is something of a guilty pleasure. Turning your brain off in order to force yourself to enjoy the nice art style, voice acting, and basic plot is the only way to take anything good away from it (all while doing your best to ignore Zexcs' trademark unnecessary doses of fanservice). Every episode makes me little more depressed, though. I hate seeing something good being torn to shreds.

I think Itsu-Ten had the potential to be a half-decent show, but Zexcs is Zexcs. They can't magically become a amazing studio overnight, sadly.

Actually, I'm wondering why Zexcs even got Itsu-Ten in the first place. I don't see why another studio couldn't have done it. Was Zexcs the cheapest option, or something? Who is it that even decides those sorts of things anyway?
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 05:53   Link #543
Iromaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Was Zexcs the cheapest option, or something?
Well, this anime looks pretty far from a low budget production. Production values are actually rather high. They even have at least 3 completely different endings prepared.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 07:01   Link #544
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

im gonna wait for this animes last episode and watch it instead of watching the whole series

seriously this is like my 5th time watchnig a crappy anime
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 09:08   Link #545
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I think Itsu-Ten had the potential to be a half-decent show, but Zexcs is Zexcs. They can't magically become a amazing studio overnight, sadly.

Actually, I'm wondering why Zexcs even got Itsu-Ten in the first place. I don't see why another studio couldn't have done it. Was Zexcs the cheapest option, or something? Who is it that even decides those sorts of things anyway?
It's regrettable, but ZEXCS actually used to be a pretty decent producer. Their "H20: Footprints in the Sand" series was pretty good. It had its fan service too of course, but it was more modest and controlled than what we see today.

I'm not at all familiar with how these things work, but perhaps ZEXCS' acquiring Itsu-Ten has something to do with how they produced Kagami's last work, "The Legend of the Legendary Heroes." Though given how poorly that one sold, you would think they would've given Kagami's next work to a more suitable producer if they could help it.

With respect to its budget, Iromaru pretty much nailed it. Given how much they had to work with on Itsu-Ten, it probably won't reflect too well on ZEXCS when their sales start coming in.

Last edited by Shinn Kamiyra; 2011-08-12 at 10:49.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 16:58   Link #546
GDB

I'm trying to decide if this was a pacing/directing issue, or if Taito is really that big of a fucking idiot. We just finished an arc where Himea's mind fractured and was going to rapture the entire freaking world due to her loneliness. So what's the first thing our intrepid hero does once that's over? Tell her he's too busy to spend time with her, of course! This is seriously beyond the threshold for allowable stupidity.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 17:47   Link #547
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm trying to decide if this was a pacing/directing issue, or if Taito is really that big of a fucking idiot. We just finished an arc where Himea's mind fractured and was going to rapture the entire freaking world due to her loneliness. So what's the first thing our intrepid hero does once that's over? Tell her he's too busy to spend time with her, of course! This is seriously beyond the threshold for allowable stupidity.
Agreed. Such a blatant show of ignorance is tantamount to a smack upside the head.

However, as I've yet to read this far in either the LN or the manga, I'd like to know if this is an anime only issue or if that actually happens. Please tell me it doesn't.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 18:16   Link #548
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Newtype:
Old 2011-08-12, 22:54   Link #549
larethian

ermm what are they doing? it's not even a mashed up episode. just random stuff.
originally, Izumi did meet Taito in the toilet though. that's when
Spoiler for actual scene:

the appearances of the Entolios, Cross, and Liir are also totally random.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 22:57   Link #550
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep6:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 23:44   Link #551
Zodiamaster

I got to admit episode 6 was better than episodes 2 through 5, mainly because they hardly mentioned the crappy plot and focused on the relationships between characters.
Though I can't say it was "good", let alone exceptional or memorable.

An improvement is an improvement nonetheless.
Old 2011-08-13, 12:26   Link #552
ookamigirl

Poor Taito, always between Haruka & Saitohimea. ^^
Guess he's much strong than he believed he was and the going-on-a-date obsession in this episode is amazing!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 16:25   Link #553
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Best part was just when Haruka and the class thought they had Taito Himea comes in and asks for a date. Lol Gekkou wasn't a genius when it came to those spells. The new characters are intriguing. Lol Taito beat the national champion, olympic gold medalist, and the world champion and is complaining about his strength.
Old 2011-08-15, 00:42   Link #554
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Best part was just when Haruka and the class thought they had Taito Himea comes in and asks for a date. Lol Gekkou wasn't a genius when it came to those spells. The new characters are intriguing. Lol Taito beat the national champion, olympic gold medalist, and the world champion and is complaining about his strength.
I'm just impressed that all those incredible people not only live in the same town but go to the same dojo . That city must be just on the map in terms of sports stars.

At least he's trying to get stronger now. Got tiring listening to him talking about how he'll protect Himea while the only thing he can currently do is act as a meat tank and use a self-damaging attack.
Old 2011-08-15, 03:31   Link #555
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Ok....this ep was rather random.

The Entolios appeared out of nowhere and wasn't Kurosu always in the school grounds, being the council's direct superior and all? Mentioning the struggle between Temperon Crowley, the Church and the Military now without further explanation just further confuses things.

At least Izumi remained faithful to her original version.

On the plus side though, the ED is nice and I suppose as a slice of life ep, it was rather ok....and seeing Gekkou fail at the UFO catcher was win as well.

I'll also never tire of those cute illustrations at the end. So huggable.
Old 2011-08-16, 12:38   Link #556
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Now it is Mirai's turn to wake up and go to school in the end previews
Old 2011-08-16, 19:27   Link #557
Razziell22

Dropped...

Usually i like romance in anime but this...Seriously-_- i can't take this: Taito!! Himea!! Taiitoo!!! Himeeaa!!! anymore>_> ugh we get it. they love each other blah blah blah. no need to keep shoving it in our mouths every freakin episode.

Last edited by Razziell22; 2011-08-16 at 19:37.
Razziell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 14:22   Link #558
elior

anyone know what with haruka yellow eyes is she Observer fron the Serephim or somthing?
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 15:57   Link #559
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So Himea visited Edelka to revive Taito, so she just took her magic as payment? I wonder what Taito had to give up, was his memories? At least he got a familiar now to help him out. That new teacher sems like troule for Gekkou.
Old 2011-08-19, 18:07   Link #560
Zakoo

Just chained 6 & 7, nyaaah, in the end it's really funny to watch when you didn't read the LN, as expected if I can say but it's the only episodes I fully enjoyed, the 6 was pretty awesome.

"How's this?" "Pretty good" " Taitoooooooooooooo"

Everybody freeze when Himea pops out of nowhere. Haa I lol'd so hard, damn I think I won't be able to sleep.

Though Taito is a bit thick-headed, he knows she can destroy the world out of loneliness but said her he is busy and can't deal with her, arghhh, you Taito, really really, even your cousin Ryner-kun wasn't like that.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen