AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-06-23, 12:49   Link #981
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

More!

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 18:05   Link #982
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
not all guys can do Great cosplay

and here Cosplay for Skip beat anime ^__^

yea and not all girls can cosplay great either =\
Old 2009-06-24, 00:32   Link #983
Yushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
This weekend, the Vancouver Convention Center hosted Anime Evolution 2009. Of course, yours truly spent so much time walking around taking photos that he actually had to tape his heels on the last day because he was starting to get blisters. The following is a selection of my favourite photos, resized for web posting but otherwise untouched. Due to the sheer number of photos that I intend to post (probably around 50), I won't be posting them all at once.

When I saw this one, I HAD to get a picture. Nothing to make an anime convention quite like seeing Jesus and a bunny girl eating lunch together at the food court.

And to finish off with, some Mio. I was told by one of the Mios that there were three Mios at the con... I only remember finding these two.
Lol! The Mio on the left is my friend, we travelled together at the con XD Didn't think I would see her picture on the forums, hahaha.
And the Jesus Christ...well...I took a picture of myself fighting him. He was awesome! (>.> I was cosplaying as Tifa. By no means am I saying that my picture is worthy of being on a 'best cosplay' thread...but the jesus certainly is )

The HOLY BATTLE:

I like how his cross had to be peace bonded
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 03:40   Link #984
moyashi0stole0mugen

A good Fou cosplay from D.Gray-man

Spoiler:
moyashi0stole0mugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 06:34   Link #985
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
Kipi is cosplaying as Hirasawa Yui, the popular castanet, uh *cough*.. I mean the lead guitar in K-ON!

Really great cosplay there, I so love the dress & guitar
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 12:20   Link #986
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
More!
These are Cute Cosplays Miko-Chan
Old 2009-06-25, 05:45   Link #987
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyashi0stole0mugen View Post
A good Fou cosplay from D.Gray-man

Spoiler:
That's a lovely one...The character is great aswell
Old 2009-06-25, 15:46   Link #988
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Umineko Cosplay

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 02:07   Link #989
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushi View Post
Lol! The Mio on the left is my friend, we travelled together at the con XD Didn't think I would see her picture on the forums, hahaha.
And the Jesus Christ...well...I took a picture of myself fighting him. He was awesome! (>.> I was cosplaying as Tifa. By no means am I saying that my picture is worthy of being on a 'best cosplay' thread...but the jesus certainly is )
One of my friends actually carried His cross for a while. Apparently it's quite heavy.

As for your friend... what can I say? Animesuki loves Mio and so do I.

(Which reminds me, I need to make sure to send your friend her photos this weekend... I forgot last weekend.)

@MikoMiko: A couple of the School Rumble cosplay pics you posted were used as promo pics for the School Rumble live action musical. And no, I am not making that up... such a thing actually exists.

Back to AE 2009:

I'm posting these even though this was a "you would have had to have been there" kind of thing. Basically, this group got someone to follow them around with portable speakers playing marching music, then they marched around the convention center and out into a nearby plaza, staging mock battles and the like as they went. As you can see in the last few shots, they even got an audience towards the end.

(You may notice that none of these shots were taken head on... I intentionally avoided that because it's hard to see someone's weapon if they point it at the camera. Unlike a human, the camera has one optical sensor rather than two, therefore it has no depth perception. Also, standing to the side helped me avoid the mob of other photographers we had in a few locations.)

And finally, a cute girl, because people here seem to like that kind of thing.

Still more to come. In the meantime, I recommend checking out the full MPZero full shoot of the Minagi cosplayer I posted the preview for earlier:
http://mpzerocos.exblog.jp/11376128/
(I have to admit, I LOLed at the last picture... next time, pick something without a Yoko cover!)
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 05:57   Link #990
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:

This Cute cosplay
Old 2009-06-26, 10:07   Link #991
KimmyChan

Quote:

That is such a good cosplay, totally lolita sweet!
Old 2009-06-26, 16:21   Link #992
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

From Miko's post:
When you've got good abs and a waistline - flaunt while you can
Those eyes.... love her eyes. Overall package one of the better Hellgirl cosplays I've seen.
The character "Abby" of NCIS needs to take notes.
Old 2009-06-27, 07:58   Link #993
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Another Cosplay for Yui from K-on! by Kipi
Old 2009-06-27, 13:22   Link #994
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Another Cosplay for Yui from K-on! by Kipi
Wow! I totally love it! It's ever so pretty! Just my kinda thing indeed!
Old 2009-06-27, 13:45   Link #995
Tsukase
what???!!!!

Send a message via MSN to Tsukase Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukase
what about the Gotei 13 reunion??!!

or Ishida Uryuu

Tsukase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 13:49   Link #996
KimmyChan

That Ishida Uryuu one is just plain awesomeness!!!
Old 2009-07-01, 01:40   Link #997
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

@Vexx: I noticed the middle Hell Girl one too... never seen the series despite it being on my “to watch” list, but those are some striking eyes.

More from AE 2009. Bit of a "misc" set this time, with more commentary than I probably should have written:

Pictures 1-2: I haven’t played Odin’s Sphere, nor do I know much about it. What I do know is that this girl had a hell of an impressive costume. She also deserves credit for putting up with being my “test model” for a number of techniques I had just learned at a cosplay photography panel.
Picture 3: Regular background shot of the CC from the first post. I personally prefer the one of her against the windows, though.
Picture 4: I’m not sure how much of this Shana’s facial expression was intended, but I rather like it.

Picture 5: I believe these two are a “cosplay couple”. What, you think there are guys who are pretty enough to do a convincing Alto cosplay?
Picture 6: Well, maybe this guy can. If that’s a guy.
Picture 7: Continuing with the them, try and figure out the gender of each of these Detroit Metal City cosplayers.
Picture 8: Okay, I think both of these are girls – but I’m not entirely sure. Either way, those were the best animal ears I saw at the con, and the glasses on the other cosplayer just means they hit two of my moe points in one photo.
Picture 9: Best Haruhi at the con. This con also had the youngest Haruhi cosplayer I’ve seen – I’d guess maybe 10 or 11. I really wanted to get a photo of her, but her dad clearly was dragged along because she needed a guardian present and I wasn’t sure I wanted to ask for permission – and no way in hell I was going to ask about posting online. Yes, I usually chat to another cosplayer’s mother for a few minutes every con… but that cosplayer isn’t preteen.

Picture 10-13: Ghost in the Shell, Rozen Maiden, Clannad, and Touhou. And yes, I do realize Nagisa isn’t blue eyed, but I found that a rather striking picture.
Picture 14: I did not use any camera tricks here – the size difference really was that big!

And now the not so anime related but still awesome cosplays. From left to right, Star Wars (I got a kick out of the “New Driver” warning on the back), a couple Team Fortress 2 cosplays, and Metal Gear Solid – because it’s hard to beat a guy being held up by two maids.

(Actually, as awesome as the “Old Snake” cosplayer in security at AE 2008 was, I’d really love to see an armed “maid brigade” for security some year… but I think that part was handled by the convention center this year.)

One more Anime Evolution post to come, people… all I’ll say is that it will involve cute girls and a look back at a nifty little cosplay shoot I did at AE 2008.

P.S. ...Moe Moe Kyun?
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 04:58   Link #998
KimmyChan

This cuter-than-cute Etna & Flonne Cosplay is so lovely, I really like it -

Old 2009-07-01, 11:09   Link #999
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukase View Post
or Ishida Uryuu

holy shit, thats dead on he should play Uryuu in the RL movie

unless its a girl, then no luck there >< no matter how close you look to the character, they wont do it in a movie.
Old 2009-07-01, 17:29   Link #1000
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Look at these awesome DEATH NOTE cosplays:

Tags
cosplay, photo