AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-07, 12:23   Link #941
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
Thing is, they limited Chrono scrolls to a limited purchase per week, which limits the p2w effects. Starting with F2P they took that kind of limit out. If you have a billion cash to throw around, you WILL get enough gold to +12.
Well, for people who were really, really determined before, there were still probably ways of bypassing the chronoscroll limits (like shady gold sellers). My main point is that people with money and enough determination will always find a way (the illusion that you could keep things pure is just that), so I don't really worry about them that much. As you said, at least in this game, there is also an element of skill.
Old 2013-04-07, 20:14   Link #942
Marly
>AS

Someone tell me how to clear Tera endgame without ripping my hair out because masterworking is one of the most frustrating things I have experienced in gaming.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 20:32   Link #943
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
Someone tell me how to clear Tera endgame without ripping my hair out because masterworking is one of the most frustrating things I have experienced in gaming.
I saw this guide the other day and it looks like a pretty good overview of many things.

(But then again, I'm not sure you really "clear" the endgame, exactly.)
Old 2013-04-07, 23:09   Link #944
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I saw this guide the other day and it looks like a pretty good overview of many things.

(But then again, I'm not sure you really "clear" the endgame, exactly.)
Hmm...come to think of it I've never experienced such extensive grinding to craft endgame equipment in an mmo. Looking forward to when I get to this point in the game.
Old 2013-04-08, 00:33   Link #945
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
You can't do anything to make it better. It's totally out of your control other than the number of attempts you make.

Masterworking is locked in at 3% per scroll used. The best thing you can do is get a few friends and farm Kelsaik's Nest (Normal) over and over and over until your eyes bleed.

If you're DPS, masterwork your hands and weapon and ignore everything else. If you're a priest, masterwork your body only. If you're a mystic or a tank, masterwork your body, hands and weapon.

Once you've masterworked, get prepared to empty your coffers in spellbind so you can get decent bonuses. In order to get ideal bonuses on my sorc's gear (3 pieces masterworked: weapon, body, hands), it took me nearly 2000 spellbind.
Old 2013-04-08, 09:12   Link #946
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Keep in mind it is NOT required to have MW weapons to do MCHM, it just makes it much easier.

MW is for an easier time at endgame and epeen, nothing more.
Old 2013-04-08, 10:15   Link #947
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Well, it's also the only way to mark progression at endgame. If you just say, "Well, I'm not going to masterwork anything," then you're left with the same problem people had in WoW when they said, "Well, I'm not going to raid."

The game already has barely anything to do at cap, unless you're thinking 3v3 arena, which absolutely requires masterwork. If you aren't in +12 Conjunct or VM, you're going to get roflstomped.

I don't know what Bluehole was smoking when they thought up this bizarre itemization system, but it's clearly designed to help keep a game with minimal content afloat by exploiting human nature. The random/"gambly" nature of both enchanting and masterworking gets people hooked (despite hating it) while forcing them to run the same old dungeons over and over and over.

In TERA you do dungeons to obtain/upgrade your gear, which is different from games like Warcraft and RIFT, where you get gear to clear dungeons and fight bosses. It's a subtle difference but a significant one. In Warcraft, the gear you farm from the last raid on a given tier is supposed to prepare you for their next content update, so even at the high-end, it's about preparing to clear more content rather than focused on the massive grind that is getting +12.
Old 2013-04-08, 11:24   Link #948
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Well, it's also the only way to mark progression at endgame. If you just say, "Well, I'm not going to masterwork anything," then you're left with the same problem people had in WoW when they said, "Well, I'm not going to raid."

The game already has barely anything to do at cap, unless you're thinking 3v3 arena, which absolutely requires masterwork. If you aren't in +12 Conjunct or VM, you're going to get roflstomped.

I don't know what Bluehole was smoking when they thought up this bizarre itemization system, but it's clearly designed to help keep a game with minimal content afloat by exploiting human nature. The random/"gambly" nature of both enchanting and masterworking gets people hooked (despite hating it) while forcing them to run the same old dungeons over and over and over.

In TERA you do dungeons to obtain/upgrade your gear, which is different from games like Warcraft and RIFT, where you get gear to clear dungeons and fight bosses. It's a subtle difference but a significant one. In Warcraft, the gear you farm from the last raid on a given tier is supposed to prepare you for their next content update, so even at the high-end, it's about preparing to clear more content rather than focused on the massive grind that is getting +12.
The VM/Queen gear you have now is supposed to prepare you for the next content update. It's just they r slow as hell with the content update.

It's the same as wow, when you maxed out on everything you wait for the next expo. With WoW, it was "faster" sort of speak. Another thing is that WoW has been out far longer and gave players more tiers to work towards.

Also, I'm not saying not to MW, i'm saying you don't need MW for endgame PVE content. People who bitch about not having MW to do MCHM is just looking to be gear carried through content.
Old 2013-04-08, 16:56   Link #949
Domonkazu

TERA end game is pretty much endless grinding, I wish pvp wasn't so gear dependent, in WoW you can farm pvp gear for 2 weeks and be able to compete in arena properly.
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 19:42   Link #950
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
TERA end game is pretty much endless grinding, I wish pvp wasn't so gear dependent, in WoW you can farm pvp gear for 2 weeks and be able to compete in arena properly.
It's actually like that in TERA now with the Nexus changes--getting Conjunct takes about two weeks even if you're kinda lazy about it and miss most Nexuses... Nexii... whatever.

The problem is getting it to +12, which could take anywhere from a single day to infinity.
Old 2013-04-27, 01:07   Link #951
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Finally got time to make another short video on some old PvP footage, this one anime fans will enjoy:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Best viewed in HD!

Last edited by HurricaneHige; 2013-04-27 at 12:41.
HurricaneHige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 21:43   Link #952
Marly
>AS

Hopefully I'm not causing much disturbance by bumping this thread, but I'm curious.

I've been out of this game for about few months now, so I was wondering whether the playerbase is still as active as it was before I decide to relieve my hard drive of 25 GB of space or not.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 22:50   Link #953
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ Should do that anyway :P I'm sure you got plenty of junk to get rid of.
Old 2013-05-28, 23:52   Link #954
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
I've been out of this game for about few months now, so I was wondering whether the playerbase is still as active as it was before I decide to relieve my hard drive of 25 GB of space or not.
Active? Always will be. How many? Probably not much haha.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 01:44   Link #955
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Figure of an Elin Berserker popping up for pre-order.

http://www.e2046.com/product/17585

Old 2013-06-04, 10:49   Link #956
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ dem Elins are WAY too cute. i also main a berserker, but a female high elf.
she's sexy wearing plate armor (rageplate skin, red coloring) showing lots of skin with a Sovereign +12 axe. berserker
is my favorite class in the game. my record of hitting Kilian when duoing with my little
bro.'s sorcerer was 890,000 damage...nya ha haa!

beside that, i'm still trying to masterwork my armor. i'm already up to 50+ MES now.
i think my mind is about to explode if it keeps on not going masterwork...dem RNG.
Old 2013-06-04, 12:39   Link #957
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Soloing LoT ugh... TERA just has so many problems.

Srsly guys, just let me kill monsters, kill my friends, and play dress up with my loli foxgirl. Don't make me insane with RNG insanity.
Old 2013-06-04, 21:22   Link #958
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

is there a animesuki guild I can join? kind od longly grinding by myself
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 21:28   Link #959
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
is there a animesuki guild I can join? kind od longly grinding by myself
Not that I'm aware of, Synaesthetic and I were in the same guild but I've dropped out again and uninstalled. Another time out of "burned out on MMOs" for me. Sad because I really like the Elins for psycho-alien roleplay.
Old 2013-06-04, 23:07   Link #960
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
ok, I think my patient is thrown out of the window now here. this game is starting to troll me really hard.
i'm already up to 70+ MES trying to masterwork this piece of crap armor of mine. thinking back, I kind of regret trying to
masterwork it. I should have just sold all my MES and just buy the
masterwork Courtplate on the broker for 60k (right now) on Tempest Reach.

70 MES = 24,500 gold (350 per unit). can I go kick a wall now? I don't think this armor is ever going to masterwork.
I have enough of this crap for a day...ughhhhh. *rage quit* >______>;