Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-05, 04:55   Link #21
Kumagawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I assume Pica's devil fruit is a Logia type then, rock/stone element has had a long time coming that's for sure. Trebol's is a Paramecia I guess, but it's still hard to tell what his powers are actually capable of doing besides being sticky and gross.

Well there were 10 members of Blackbeard's crew including himself during the Marineford arc, so if Blackbeard is one of those "Giant Captains" then they're pretty much all accounted for.

And I wonder what the details behind Sabo's fighting style is.~
According to the chapter he absorbs stone rather than becomes stone so it still looks like a Paramecia.
Old 2014-02-05, 08:43   Link #22
imza

Very interesting clash between Burgess and Sabo, it seems like the spoilers made it seem much more one sided. The armor that broke on Burgess seems to be the parts he didn't use Haki on but it seemed more like a draw than anything else. Sabo also thinking to himself this won't be easy indicates that they may be roughly equal in power.
Old 2014-02-05, 09:37   Link #23
ellifeedn
Thinker

How much do you want to bet that the fake grape isn't as spicy as they said it is?
Old 2014-02-05, 09:57   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sabo was very impressive in this chapter. I liked how he effortlessly destroyed Diamante's sword without even looking at it. The only person in the arena that looks to be a match for him is Burgess, but I'm confident Sabo is stronger. The match is probably going to be interrupted because it's too soon to have one of BB's captain taken out.
Old 2014-02-05, 10:04   Link #25
ronin myael
lost ronin

it's just like oda to take a break after an explosive chapter.

dragon claw eh? makes me think of kung fu. i suppose it's not impossible that oda would incorporate kung fu moves in op. kung fu with armament haki would certainly be an interesting combination.
Old 2014-02-05, 10:16   Link #26
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

With Usopp being there, I can see Sugar being knocked out entirely by accident..

But aside from that, don't you think that incorporating a df users power into the structure and stability of "your" country on such a level is incredibly reckless? Especially when said users power can supposedly be nullified by only knocking them out? That seems incredibly foolish.
Old 2014-02-05, 10:35   Link #27
marvelB

As far as the whole Blackbeard's "Giant Captains" matter is concerned, what I like about it is that it pretty much confirms that he got at least one new member during the skip. If the 10 captains are made up of his pre-skip crew, that means in addition to Burgess we also have Van Augur, Doc Q, Lafitte, Shiliew, Catarina Devon, Vasco Shot, Avalo Pizarro and San Juan Wolf as commanders, as well. So unless Blackbeard decided to make Stronger (Doc Q's horse) a commander, then he should have gained one more person during that time. Personally, I'm kinda wondering if it's Aokiji, if we take Teach's earlier denden conversation with Burgess into consideration.....?
Old 2014-02-05, 11:21   Link #28
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As far as the whole Blackbeard's "Giant Captains" matter is concerned, what I like about it is that it pretty much confirms that he got at least one new member during the skip. If the 10 captains are made up of his pre-skip crew, that means in addition to Burgess we also have Van Augur, Doc Q, Lafitte, Shiliew, Catarina Devon, Vasco Shot, Avalo Pizarro and San Juan Wolf as commanders, as well. So unless Blackbeard decided to make Stronger (Doc Q's horse) a commander, then he should have gained one more person during that time. Personally, I'm kinda wondering if it's Aokiji, if we take Teach's earlier denden conversation with Burgess into consideration.....?
hmmm that's an interesting theory... but for some reason this would make me hate kuzan if he joins BB
this also means the SH will also need an additional crew member!
Old 2014-02-05, 11:59   Link #29
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
it's just like oda to take a break after an explosive chapter.

dragon claw eh? makes me think of kung fu. i suppose it's not impossible that oda would incorporate kung fu moves in op. kung fu with armament haki would certainly be an interesting combination.
Maybe he is proficient with fishman karate.
Old 2014-02-05, 12:05   Link #30
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
It's interessting, that Trebol has his feet chained. Looks like he doesn't really work for Doffy on his own free will.
Given his weird body shape and the massive cloak he wears, it may also be possible there is someone else chained to him.
Old 2014-02-05, 12:37   Link #31
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Pretty cool chapter...

Sabo's fighting styles are fun, I'm sure it has some thing to do with Haki some how though LOL. I like how Sabo's attack is some thing relate to Dragon, I can only assume Dragonhad some thing to do with this

Speaking of which, wonder if Dragon knew Sabo was a close friend of Luffy's and decided to save him and train him? Odd that he'd leave his son Luffy behind yet take in a random stranger and help him like that.

Sabo V.S Burgress I'm sure will get interrupted some how, guess he doesn't know Lucy isn't Luffy yet eh? BlackBeard won't know that's for sure, next time they'll defiantly clash a bit.

I guess it will be a team effort to take down Pica, which I honestly don't mind. It's fun seeing them work together like that every once in a while

Pica's power should make a fun fight

Back to Usopp's plot, I sure hope he gets brave again and takes down one of these guy's. Hello Usopp, what happened to that dream of yours in becoming one of the bravest men? I thought you trained for a reason

I know the main plot right now is Dof's, guess we are waiting till the end of the arc to get back to Sanji's eh? Bummer but eh.

Darn breaks! I hate them so much!

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2014-02-05, 14:26   Link #32
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Hey, guys! The raw is out and Aohige already made his summary for it! LOTS of stuff is clarified here:

-Pica has the powers of the Ishi Ishi no Mi (stone/rock fruit). Not only can he transform into stone, but he can assimilate himself with the castle's walls, so it's basically like he's merged with the castle! He uses his powers to set deadly traps for Luffy's group....

-At the arena, it's confirmed that Burgess is one of the "Ten Giant Captains" who serve under Blackbeard. Also, Sabo has a haki technique where he punches with his hand shaped like a Dragon's Claw.

-Trebol is revealed to be a user of the Beta Beta no Mi ("beta" being onomatopoeia for something wet and sticky). He has Sugar turn people into toys by touching them, but he's the one who gives the toys their orders. It also turns out that not only Cavendish has become a toy (he looks like a clown BTW), but so has King Elizabello (the boxer king from the tournament), as well as Hack (the fish-karate master).

-Apparently, the dwarves' plan to knock out Sugar is to feed her some grapes made out of "Tatababasco", the most powerful spice in the world. If they succeed in their plan, then the populace will regain their memories and realize the true nature of Doflamingo....!!!!

-Oh, and one last thing.....

OP IS ON BREAK NEXT WEEK!
3 paramecias and a logia. I'm guessing next week is on break because of the valentine holiday.
Old 2014-02-05, 15:21   Link #33
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 737
Pica is has an interesting devil fruit but is it wise to expand himself especially if he is facing Haki users? I thought all three executives(Trebol, Pica, and Diamante) were equals. But it seems Pica is the highest.

Sabo did a good job in that chapter. He is a goal oriented man and very defensive strategy. His armor haki seems stronger then Burgess. He even deflected Diamante’s attack with ease. Based on child hood fights with Ace, and the results we see now, the fact that he is one of the three brothers(and the eldest), part of the Dragon’s army, and he is still young, I think Sabo is going to wipe the floor with Burgess and Diamante. Admiral Fujitori mentioned that there were others lurking in the shadow when he had a talk with Daflamingo. I wonder if he will show up at the coliseum to try and take Sabo down. I also wonder if Black Beard will send or has already sent another Captain to the area. It would be a wise choice.

I wonder how the face off will be with Ussope, Robbin, Sugar, and Trebol. Will this be a double team fight? Poor Cavendish he is now a toy. So the Revolutionary now has three people(Sabo, Koala, and fisherman guy) infiltrating Dressrosa. If the cover is blown I wonder how many more will show up?

Devil Fruit
I was thinking, I wonder if Sabo already has a fruit? When it comes to devil fruits among the brothers Luffy (Paramicia), Ace (Logia), Sabo (Zoan?).

Purpose
I don’t think Rebecca will get the fruit. She wants the fruit to take down Daflamingo. In the present Straw Hats, Tonton Clan, Revolutionary, and Violet are already trying to do that. If things go according to plan or Ussop’s mission goes smooth(which I doubt) then Daflamingo will literally be destroyed and Rebecca will have no purpose for the fruit. If Sabo can take care of Burgess and Diamante, he should be able to talk to Rebecca without having to fight over the fruit.
Old 2014-02-05, 16:26   Link #34
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Sabo was badass in this chapter, hope we get a lengthy flashback about his actions after this arc is over.
Old 2014-02-05, 16:45   Link #35
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Chapter 737
Pica is has an interesting devil fruit but is it wise to expand himself especially if he is facing Haki users? I thought all three executives(Trebol, Pica, and Diamante) were equals. But it seems Pica is the highest.
What makes you think Pica is the highest?

Quote:
Sabo did a good job in that chapter. He is a goal oriented man and very defensive strategy. His armor haki seems stronger then Burgess. He even deflected Diamante’s attack with ease. Based on child hood fights with Ace, and the results we see now, the fact that he is one of the three brothers(and the eldest), part of the Dragon’s army, and he is still young, I think Sabo is going to wipe the floor with Burgess and Diamante. Admiral Fujitori mentioned that there were others lurking in the shadow when he had a talk with Daflamingo. I wonder if he will show up at the coliseum to try and take Sabo down. I also wonder if Black Beard will send or has already sent another Captain to the area. It would be a wise choice.
Actually this whole arc reminds of Alabasta in a way, taking down the warlord that is or has taken over the country, Luffy meeting his brother, Marine chasing them down and maybe even the person working with the warlord joining them (Viola ala Robin). This maybe too loose of a connection but I wonder if eventually we will see a similar incidence of Sabo stopping Fuji from attacking Luffy and others like Ace stopped Smoker.

I seriously doubt any of the fights we are seeing now will be settled, somewhere along the way people will get reshuffled with their match ups.
Old 2014-02-05, 17:12   Link #36
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Decent chapter, but a bit uneventful. In my opinion, the whole thing with Sugar could be leading to a change of plans regarding Fujitora's handling of the Dressrosa situation. Once the girl is knocked out and people see Doflamingo for who he is, it is quite likeable that he will sort of switch sites or at least decide not to help out anymore. After all, Joker would have no place on the island and the situation there would certainly be more stable with him out of the way, rather than the strawhats. But then again, what happens if Sugar regains consciousness? Will people forget about the toy's and Doflamingo's dark secret again? The Tontota army should just stop being nice and take out the girl for good, lol.
Old 2014-02-05, 17:42   Link #37
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
What makes you think Pica is the highest?
I think he literally means he is the highest in height.

There's nothing else that would indicate that he is higher in rank or power.
In fact we already know that he is Elite Officer.
Old 2014-02-05, 17:45   Link #38
ellifeedn
Thinker

What do you think will happen if they turn the giant into a toy? What happens if someone with a DF is turned into a toy (will the DF still work)? If Cavendish falls asleep, what do you think will happen?
Old 2014-02-05, 17:50   Link #39
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
What do you think will happen if they turn the giant into a toy? What happens if someone with a DF is turned into a toy (will the DF still work)? If Cavendish falls asleep, what do you think will happen?
It seems that no matter what your height was,once you're turned into a toy it's a random "roll",even their appearances change,so if it was a giant,he would be just be turned into a small toy IMO.

As for Cavendish falling asleep,assuming that the split personality is part of his brain,it might activate regardless,but have no effect since he's a toy,this might help him disobey orders though.
Old 2014-02-05, 17:59   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I think he literally means he is the highest in height.

There's nothing else that would indicate that he is higher in rank or power.
In fact we already know that he is Elite Officer.
I think he's going by a translation which called Pica the top executive of the family. This is yet another mistranslation of course.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2014-02-05 at 18:54. Reason: Licensed manga = no scanlators being named or inferred.
Closed Thread