AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-04, 01:17   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 737 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay guys, here's the summary, courtesy of the folks over at AP forums:

Quote:
Credits: Ishuhui
Translation: Rio
- Pica can assimilate himself into rock.
- Sabo and Burgess crashed in the center of the ring.
- Sabo takes care of Burgess with single hand and crushes his armour.
- The process of making toys is getting clearer as well as Trebol’s DF ability.
- Cavendish has been turned into a toy.
- Usopp, Robin and Dwarves have reached where Sugar is.
- Leo comes up with a special strategy to take down Sugar.
- S.O.P operation is about to succeed !?

Sounds like Sabo does a number on Burgess! I doubt the wrestler is down just yet, though. Cavendish turning into a toy should be..... interesting to see. And it looks like Usopp and Robin will be the ones to face off against Trebol after all!? Seems like an interesting enough chapter!

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-02-04 at 15:08.
Old 2014-02-04, 08:59   Link #2
JonSnow

Here's a short spoiler from Redon:

- Sabo and Burgess crashed in the center of the ring.
- Cavendish was turned into a toy.
- Usopp, Robin and the Dwarfs found Trebol and Sugar
Old 2014-02-04, 14:56   Link #3
swenda

i did read somewhere that sabo crushes burgess armor
we get to know more about the DF from pica and trebol
Old 2014-02-04, 15:10   Link #4
marvelB

Sorry it took a bit of a while, but the summary is up now!
Old 2014-02-04, 16:27   Link #5
imza

Whoa, I always expected Sabo to take out Burgess but not so fast, hopefully Burgess is not out for the count already.
Old 2014-02-04, 17:53   Link #6
Dark_Matter
He Who Is Not to be Named

^He probably isn't defeated yet.
Spoiler for explanation:

But I haven't seen Sabo's real power, so I can't judge the situation....
Old 2014-02-04, 18:08   Link #7
Blackbeard D. Kuma

No way Burgess is done. And for all we know, Burgess may be stronger without his armour. The toy conversion process and Trebol's DF have me intrigued.
Old 2014-02-04, 18:36   Link #8
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Matter View Post
^He probably isn't defeated yet.
Spoiler for explanation:

But I haven't seen Sabo's real power, so I can't judge the situation....
Is he really first fleet captain? I can't remember if that was confirmed, I would think it would b Shiryu.
Old 2014-02-04, 19:29   Link #9
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
Is he really first fleet captain? I can't remember if that was confirmed, I would think it would b Shiryu.

Yes, it was confirmed. Check the last page of chapter 704 and you'll see the line in question.

That being said..... I'm still not seeing Burgess going down yet. Him falling to Sabo now would basically dilute Blackbeard's presence as an emperor. However, note that I said if he fell to him now. They can always have a more serious rematch later in the story (when the time DOES come for Blackbeard's crew to get taken down).....
Old 2014-02-04, 21:52   Link #10
Diablerie

Yeah, I doubt Burgess is going down that easy, simply because the Blackbeard pirates probably won't properly fight the Straw-Hats for a looong time yet. Looking forward to their fighting styles, this is gonna be good.

Alternatively, Sabo could smash him here, but then Burgess could get some major power-up after this match that will make him a much bigger threat later on. Similar to Blackbeard getting punched around by everybody to begin with. And then he got Whitebeard's DF.

First post, whoo.
Old 2014-02-04, 22:27   Link #11
Veviticus

Maybe burgess gets beaten badly and ends up eating the mera mera fruit
Old 2014-02-05, 01:11   Link #12
Rainbowman

Still no name for Pica's powers and Trebol is revealed to have powers as well. This is indeed an interesting chapter.
Old 2014-02-05, 01:33   Link #13
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Question. If raws come out, we're not allowed to post any links to them or the site that has them right?
I don't recall anyone doing that before so I guess you can't?
Old 2014-02-05, 01:52   Link #14
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

That is correct!
Old 2014-02-05, 02:17   Link #15
marvelB

Hey, guys! The raw is out and Aohige already made his summary for it! LOTS of stuff is clarified here:

-Pica has the powers of the Ishi Ishi no Mi (stone/rock fruit). Not only can he transform into stone, but he can assimilate himself with the castle's walls, so it's basically like he's merged with the castle! He uses his powers to set deadly traps for Luffy's group....

-At the arena, it's confirmed that Burgess is one of the "Ten Giant Captains" who serve under Blackbeard. Also, Sabo has a haki technique where he punches with his hand shaped like a Dragon's Claw.

-Trebol is revealed to be a user of the Beta Beta no Mi ("beta" being onomatopoeia for something wet and sticky). He has Sugar turn people into toys by touching them, but he's the one who gives the toys their orders. It also turns out that not only Cavendish has become a toy (he looks like a clown BTW), but so has King Elizabello (the boxer king from the tournament), as well as Hack (the fish-karate master).

-Apparently, the dwarves' plan to knock out Sugar is to feed her some grapes made out of "Tatababasco", the most powerful spice in the world. If they succeed in their plan, then the populace will regain their memories and realize the true nature of Doflamingo....!!!!

-Oh, and one last thing.....

OP IS ON BREAK NEXT WEEK!
Old 2014-02-05, 03:19   Link #16
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ah... that Dragon Claw..
make me wonder if Dragon actually raised Sabo like his children in revo armies (together with Koala)
as expected, Sabo is strong

the losers of tournaments got turned into toys.. wow!

and lastly, I think Usopp's team would fail... there's no way it's going to be that smooth
I'm expecting it would be Usopp who make Candy screaming
Old 2014-02-05, 04:17   Link #17
Diablerie

Yeah, so that grape plan clearly isn't going to work out too well. Looks like we'll be getting Trebol & Sugar vs Ussop and Robin then? Or if Sugar does actually get knocked out, then the two of them vs Trebol?

So Burgess is one of ten commanders? If Blackbeard has 10 main underlings, looks like the Strawhats are a few short of 1 on 1 match-ups with them. Does Stronger the horse count, or does BB have a new crew member?

"Dragon" Claw. Real subtle, Sabo.
Old 2014-02-05, 04:30   Link #18
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I assume Pica's devil fruit is a Logia type then, rock/stone element has had a long time coming that's for sure. Trebol's is a Paramecia I guess, but it's still hard to tell what his powers are actually capable of doing besides being sticky and gross.

Well there were 10 members of Blackbeard's crew including himself during the Marineford arc, so if Blackbeard is one of those "Giant Captains" then they're pretty much all accounted for.

And I wonder what the details behind Sabo's fighting style is.~
Old 2014-02-05, 04:43   Link #19
Breimoon

he propably trained under rufy's father
Old 2014-02-05, 04:44   Link #20
Diablerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Well there were 10 members of Blackbeard's crew including himself during the Marineford arc, so if Blackbeard is one of those "Giant Captains" then they're pretty much all accounted for.
I believe it says that the 10 "Giant Captains" worked under Blackbeard, so that wouldn't include the man himself. Though these are still early translations, so I guess the precise details aren't 100% confirmed yet.

Sabo's a puzzle, doesn't look like he's a DF user, though. Which I guess means he's still an option for the Mera-Mera. He'd be a bit too similar to Ace then, so I'm not sure Oda would go that way.

Looks like we got confirmation of Hack's allegiance this chapter as well, that clears up the Den-Den Mushi call he had a while ago.
Closed Thread