Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Just another Hyperbolic Time Chamber it seems
oh wait
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 10:22   Link #6962
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

lol now they only have 5 days to go,

hard to see how they are gonna train now....
Old 2011-12-02, 10:35   Link #6963
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for 262:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 11:25   Link #6964
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

262 was beautiful!

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 12:05   Link #6965
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Spirit King = the greatest troll.
Old 2011-12-02, 13:38   Link #6966
immblueversion

Looks like we may not be getting any training-related anime filler after all.

But hey, at least we don't have to wait for the tournament.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 14:18   Link #6967
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Spirit King = the greatest troll.
haha yea
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 14:32   Link #6968
Etheral

I was all ready for them to go through the spirit world and thought what an awesome idea, the author could let his imagination run wild. Then, EPIC TROLL/Filler.

Those spirit guys should have just waited a few months, they're training schedule is F'ed, now it will make no sense whatsoever if they're good in the tournament or even future battles. Unless the food they ate is super powered and that book Levy has is OP, then this was an Epic Troll.
Old 2011-12-02, 14:40   Link #6969
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Spoiler for Chapter 262:
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 14:41   Link #6970
sergel02

Experience is the best teacher =)

Rofl, i saw something like that happening in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Spoiler for 262:
I'd be totally fine with that happening to anyone but Natsu. Anyhow, they still got 5 days.

But i was so ready for an arc of Lucy and them fighting to save the spirit world, but then i thought, "she doesn't even have all the Zodiac keys so it wouldn't make much sense"
But it is a great idea for future. And if another time-skip was wanted.

But my gosh, so much random info that came out of nowhere. That ppl can go to the Celestial world in special clothes, time passes differently, and stuff like that. It still hasn't been explained how Natsu could do it in the beginning.

Anyway, Wendy got some scrolls, Levy has a book, so hopefully Lucy gets a key or two. I like the focus on Lucy lately.

Last edited by sergel02; 2011-12-02 at 15:06.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 16:47   Link #6971
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So I hear Mashima's been playing Kingdom Hearts lately...
Spoiler for 262:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 17:41   Link #6972
White Silver King
The Isley

I thought it was a funny chapter but I was still a little disappointed that they didn't actually get time to train. I don't really care if everyone else gets a random power-up but I really just can't take another one from Natsu.

One good thing about this mini time-skip is that Mirajane is going to be an ever bigger beast after these 3 months. I want her to utterly annihilate her opponent - preferarbly someone renown in this new world for their strength. I'm crossing my fingers for one of the top five from Sabertooth, but I don't think Mashima will give her such an important battle since Natsu will obviously get the leader, Erza gets the next strongest, then Gray, then Lucy, and then probably Wendy
Old 2011-12-02, 18:03   Link #6973
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
That's right... the Tenrou gang split up into four groups, and only Lucy's group missed out on the training. This might lead to some epic fight scenes focused on other characters, for a change.

Aww, who am I kidding... Natsu will probably somehow save the day once again.
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 18:11   Link #6974
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Saving the spirit world sounds like a good arc but no its a troll instead. So disappointing always taking good potential in something away.
Old 2011-12-02, 21:41   Link #6975
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

XD
It's a great day when an author can troll his own characters instead of the readers.

I read this chapter while at work - I couldn't keep my laughter in at the end. The thought of Norio-san doing the voice of the Spirit King again just for the 'LET'S PARTY' line is just...XDDDD

And for some reason, I'm tickled that Erza, Gray, and Natsu all facefaulted exactly the same way at the end - they really are in snyc - I REALLY want to see a Unison Raid between the three of them, or is that just too much awesomeness to be drawn?
Old 2011-12-02, 23:05   Link #6976
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

In FT, training does not make you stronger, but beating up others does
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 01:48   Link #6977
sergel02

Eh i'll just post what i put on Fairy Law

With that said:

natsu is just annoying me lately, but its just how Mashima keeps giving him this random power-ups out of nowhere. I'd be totally fine if the others got it instead. I really hope Natsu just gets knocked out early and more focus is on wendy, Lucy or Levy. Or Gajeel. Or Laxus. or not Natsu.

I HATE the contrivances pulled in this chapter. Oh humans can actually enter the spirit world with special clothes. Oh and Lucy is the first one invited (that's actually really believable, especially given how many keys she has).oh and 1 day there conveniently is 3 months.

The thing with the spirit world falling apart is super cool and i want that to happen, but with the time thing i don't see it happening unless we get another time-skip like event where fiore goes by 3 years or something. So in the 6 months that passed, Lucy summoned virgo at least 10 times. All in 2 days then. I year is 4 days in Spirit world time, so the 7 years gone equals not even a month in the spirit world.

It annoys me how Mashima sets thing up but never follows through. I remember him saying how he names some of the other countries weird names, so he'll avoid progressing the plot there. I'm like "the fuq?

has it ever been explained how natsu used virgo to travel through the Spirit World in the beginning of the series, at Everlue's Mansion? Does mashima usualy neglect to explain things? Like i still don't really know where magic originated from.

What i love is the new team including Levy and juvia
Old 2011-12-03, 02:25   Link #6978
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Like i still don't really know where magic originated from.
Lucy believes it starts with love...that's good enough to get by until that plot point is touched again. Unlike a certain someone, Mashima actually bothers to answer the questions that we were left with from the climax of the last arc.
Quote:
The thing with the spirit world falling apart is super cool and i want that to happen, but with the time thing i don't see it happening unless we get another time-skip like event where fiore goes by 3 years or something. So in the 6 months that passed, Lucy summoned virgo at least 10 times. All in 2 days then. I year is 4 days in Spirit world time, so the 7 years gone equals not even a month in the spirit world.
Introducing a sub-plot would be ok, but saving a dimension feels like it should have an entire arc for itself, it's not something to cram in between the magic festival. I don't see how the time ratio causes any problems...
Quote:
has it ever been explained how natsu used virgo to travel through the Spirit World in the beginning of the series, at Everlue's Mansion? Does mashima usualy neglect to explain things?
That was more of a wormhole effect rather than an actual visit to the spirit world, and Mashima usually does explain things, albeit in his own way.

IMO it's good that the FT powerhouse party is being held back, so that the others can catch up to them. If they're going to fight later on, having them pubstomp the tournament wouldn't be fun, now would it?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 03:20   Link #6979
Casshern

When Natsu mentioned hyperbolic time chamber, all the hopes I had for this manga suddenly came crashing down. Then Mashima was like psyyych and I was once again a believer.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 05:38   Link #6980
sergel02

^ same for me. I already had to deal with one like a decade ago with Dragonball Z, and that was plenty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post

Introducing a sub-plot would be ok, but saving a dimension feels like it should have an entire arc for itself, it's not something to cram in between the magic festival. I don't see how the time ratio causes any problems...
The only time issue would be considering that to fix an entire dimension, it could take weeks. That would be years back in Fiore, so everyone else would age a ton.

Then again it could just be a 1 day think, especially since we've had entire arcs take place over a day.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen