AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 13 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 68 47.55%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 20.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 17.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.10%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.40%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-01, 09:43   Link #101
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I'm just wondering if this is really the end?
There seems to be a lot of material left for a second season just like in Spice and Wolf.
Nope it's not the end, next manga chapter continues straight off from this one with Tsugumi thinking of Jin and Nagi's relationship and those two doing more research. End of Vol 3 was really the only part they could use for a season ending. Once the current manga arc is finished (though who knows what will happen with it now...) the second season will have at least 4 volumes of material to use.

If the current manga arc was finished I would be expecting a second season in either Spring or Fall for sure depending on A-1 Pictures and everyone else involved.... but it's not so 2010 I guess... if the mangaka recovers and resumes work on Kannagi.
Old 2009-01-01, 15:47   Link #102
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, I've finally gotten around to watch this and, to be honest... I've loved the series ever since the first episode and the last one didn't disappoint. Emotional, lightly funny... I mean, how can someone not feel for poor Tsugumi there, at the end? Or for Nagi herself, bawling out in Jin's arms, by the stream? Gosh, this was a great finish to a great series. Hopefully, more will come, but if it doesn't, I'll remember this one for a long time, myself.

Old 2009-01-01, 22:57   Link #103
FateAnomaly

Tsugumi shocked reaction is simply priceless. Her timely (untimely) arrival disrupted Jin confession and made her realise her own feelings (Shouldn't she know it by now..).
Also, i think it is interesting to note that Nagi is angry at Jin not because of modesty but rather she is afraid Jin will make fun of her "inadequate" body.
Overall, a fun series. Definitely worth watching. Although i think the low points are the serious part.
Old 2009-01-02, 06:53   Link #104
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
For me, the serious episodes are greatest episodes in Kannagi. It brings home as to why Kannagi is here in the 1st place.
Old 2009-01-02, 19:51   Link #105
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic

Wow, what a great ending, Tsumgumi's expression at the end was priceless, gotta love the blank eyes she gets.

Good to see it ended on a happy note, but people looking for the second season, might as well read the manga, as it continues where it left off here.

Either way, I'm still hoping for a potential second season of this, enjoyed it throughout.
Old 2009-01-03, 06:13   Link #106
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Definitely a rough ending for Tsugumi. Though suppose its been a rough series for her overall. Being the nice and supportive person just gets you burned sometimes . Still enjoyed the series overall so its been a nice trip.
Old 2009-01-04, 10:12   Link #107
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Definitely a rough ending for Tsugumi. Though suppose its been a rough series for her overall. Being the nice and supportive person just gets you burned sometimes . Still enjoyed the series overall so its been a nice trip.
I think partly the shock came from whom Jin was lying (naked) on top of. Her competition has always been Zange, imagine what must have gone through her mind when she walked in on them.

Jin lying on top of a girl
Jin lying on top of a naked girl
Jin lying on top of his naked sister....

Priceless
Old 2009-01-04, 14:40   Link #108
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Are there plans for a second season?
Old 2009-01-04, 16:00   Link #109
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Definitely a rough ending for Tsugumi. Though suppose its been a rough series for her overall. Being the nice and supportive person just gets you burned sometimes .
Yep. Especially when you consider how Tsugumi was the one who encouraged and even assisted Jin in looking for Nagi again, despite getting her head bitten off. But then, that has always been her role as the dreaded "childhood friend". What really disappointed me is that it seemed like Jin had temporarily regressed back to his moody, angsty personality, which had caused a host of problems for Tsugumi. She didn't deserve to be lashed out at, but because of love...
Old 2009-01-05, 19:21   Link #110
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Sometimes loving someone means pain and misery. It is not necessarily a joyride.

And to the person who give me negative rep for saying that we should support industry by buying legit so there will be 2nd Season of Kannagi, you an idiot. Anime is exist to make money, not for free entertainment. Get it?
Old 2009-01-05, 20:43   Link #111
sikvod00

Sad but true.
Old 2009-01-06, 15:38   Link #112
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd be really surprised if this doesn't get a second round - especially considering the amount of material remaining and to come (think positive for the mangaka). The "buzz" is often more important than the nature -- and the franchise definitely has buzz.

Unlike some series, the reference gags were held mostly in balance so thumbs up over not trainwrecking the material totally in favor of short-lived gags. Years from now, no one may recognize just whose karaoke session Jin stumbled into accidentally but the episode will remain pretty entertaining (much like half the gags in a classic Looneytoon are totally lost on the modern generations yet the overall cartoon remains funny).
Old 2009-01-07, 20:43   Link #113
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'd be really surprised if this doesn't get a second round - especially considering the amount of material remaining and to come (think positive for the mangaka). The "buzz" is often more important than the nature -- and the franchise definitely has buzz.

Unlike some series, the reference gags were held mostly in balance so thumbs up over not trainwrecking the material totally in favor of short-lived gags. Years from now, no one may recognize just whose karaoke session Jin stumbled into accidentally but the episode will remain pretty entertaining (much like half the gags in a classic Looneytoon are totally lost on the modern generations yet the overall cartoon remains funny).
i believe it's already been announced that a second season is coming..i could be wrong though, but thats what i thought i heard.

Anyway, i thought the last episode was pretty good...except i didn't really like the ending, although their faces were priceless...especially tsugumi haha, that poor girl. at the same time though, i wish she hadn't interrupted...

though if you think about it...it's kinda weird...he's hitting on/was close to getting intimate with a:
1) God...?
2) piece of wood right? afterall she WAS made from the tree...
Old 2009-01-07, 22:39   Link #114
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
i believe it's already been announced that a second season is coming..i could be wrong though, but thats what i thought i heard.
Unless you have a cite, reference, or link --- not really any point in reporting rumor or "someone said..." noise. So far, the usual "watchers for such news" haven 't reported any such thing.
Old 2009-01-07, 23:02   Link #115
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Unless you have a cite, reference, or link --- not really any point in reporting rumor or "someone said..." noise. So far, the usual "watchers for such news" haven 't reported any such thing.
I didn't mean it as a pointless rumor, and i certainly hope no one takes it that way. I just thought someone here on this forum had posted it earlier with some reference...i guess i'm wrong if you said you didn't see it. Maybe im just hallucinating and telling myself that there is going to be a second season because i really want one hehe. But yeah, i'll keep that in mind. Next time i'll post with a link
Old 2009-01-10, 18:27   Link #116
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
though if you think about it...it's kinda weird...he's hitting on/was close to getting intimate with a:
1) God...?
2) piece of wood right? afterall she WAS made from the tree...
As others have already pointed out, imagine the splinters..
Old 2009-01-10, 20:13   Link #117
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
As much as I hate the "Oops I accidentally landed on your naked body in a very sexual position and now I'm too stunned to get my ass off of you how funny hahaha" joke... I did like the ending. :P I liked seeing the two of them emotionally reconnect, for one thing.

I'm still not a fan of the pairing, but I'm a little more inclined toward it now. I think it'd take some hard work to convince me that a centuries-old deity is romantically suited to a young mortal man. Spice and Wolf was able to pull that off - Kannagi, not so much. Maybe in the second season.

Poor Tsugumi has taken nothing but abuse through the whole series. I really don't think she deserved one last kick in the face. But none the less, I loved her reaction. That was hilarious.
Old 2009-01-10, 23:45   Link #118
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Honestly, Jix x Nagi is the only pairing in this story that makes any sense to me. As someone mentioned earlier every possible relationship is a cliche in one way or another - they've certainly all been done - but it couldn't be any more clear (in the anime version anyway) that Jin x Tsugumi is a dead-end. He just doesn't feel those things for her - and just because it's a cliche for there to be "more" to the childhood friendships doesn't make it true in this case. In a series where the characters emotions are come by pretty honestly, it's obvious that Jon's heart lies with Nagi. Yes, there's the whole human x God problem, but it's not like that hasn't happened before.

Really excellent series all around, with a near-great ending. Was I the only one who watched the scene where nagi paused on her way to the bath who though she was going to say "Would you care to join me?"
Old 2009-01-11, 02:46   Link #119
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Was I the only one who watched the scene where nagi paused on her way to the bath who though she was going to say "Would you care to join me?"
Partly in jest, but the thought had crossed my mind. It's such an easy line to fit in there, isn't it?

I picked up this series a bit late for various reasons, but after seeing it had its own subsection on this forum plus the insane amount of fan-made material for it at Comiket ravaged my curiosity until I relented and sat down to watch it. I wasn't disappointed. It was a fun little series. I did get a little worried though when the Impurities bit seemed to all be disappear after the first few episodes, since I was convinced that was a vital part of the show by the first episode. By the end though, I didn't mind too much, as that aspect seemed to tie together decently. I should hope that trend will continue when a second season is made (because 'if' seems like a pointless word to use for that at this point).

In the pairings, Jin and Nagi did ultimately seem to be most likely. For a while I was hoping it would be for Tsumugi, thinking Nagi would eventually reclaim her power as a goddess and set off in some tearful parting, but as it went on I just saw her as more of a big sister/maternal figure for Jin. Jin never really showed more than minor physical attractions to Zange, and while there's no chance for being paired with Daitetsu, it's been made too easy for doujinshi shipping.

So there's still a lot of things left unsaid in the series, and a lot of concepts that haven't been fully explored. Therefore, I anxiously await a second season and should it not come, I will cry in an attempt to guilt trip the studio into making one.

Oh, and I heard the mangaka sick or something? I hope he makes a full recovery. He has a lot of money to make off of this still.
Old 2009-01-11, 20:19   Link #120
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I think partly the shock came from whom Jin was lying (naked) on top of. Her competition has always been Zange, imagine what must have gone through her mind when she walked in on them.

Jin lying on top of a girl
Jin lying on top of a naked girl
Jin lying on top of his naked sister....

Priceless
haha very very good point, i forgot the fact that tsugumi only knows of nagi as his "half sister"...very "lulzy" indeed.

i loved her expression, so darn funny

btw what happened to uh...the mangaka?
Closed Thread