AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 17 23.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 18.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 27.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 15.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.39%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.39%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-20, 22:24   Link #81
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
lol Segai wears caster sleep mask.. anyways very predictable episode, liking the new OP/ED is still in the works for me..
Old 2012-01-20, 22:54   Link #82
Xeones

I've just watched the episode and then read most of the posts here... most of the matters have already been said, so I'll just give my thoughts on this episode.

-I tought it was a really entertaining episode. We saw some character development (which was something that almost didn't happen in previous episodes)... so that was a good point.

-A nice touch was showing that a lot of people trapped in the quarantine zone were concerned over their realtives and were trying to get in touch with them.

-Really liked this opening... in my opinion the visual is better than "My Dearest" and the musical side is just as good. I read some "complaints" about how much the opening pushed Inori x Shu scenes on the viewers, but we already knew that they would be the main couple. It was already expected to see a lot of "lovey dovey" scenes between them in OP or ED for the second half. I don't think it's a bad thing...

-The action scene was nice and enjoyable (with some small lack of proper animation, but nothing major)... and the "Super Sentai" pose at the ending made me laugh really hard. Although the bad guys motives were kind of cheesy, we can accept it as part of the great "Deus Ex Machina" that rules the GC universe.

-Like someone said before, at least they (the writers) didn't tried to pretend that no one would notice a kid wielding a giant sword fighting mechas and gunners alongside his "flying/dashing" partner.

-Ayases's void really suited her, but as someone wrote in this thread before, I was kind of expecting a mini-endlave... but still, flying-skating-gliding boots fits her nicely.

-Still on Ayase... Seriously writers? A scene were couple of "thugs" try to molest a girl in a wheelchair? You're trying too hard to make us hate those two characters...

-Why is that I'm seeing Shu "pulling a Lelouch" on the next few episodes and creating a "Black Knights 2.0" to fight against the GHQ?

-Not only he can pull out the voids of people without them getting unconcious... but he can also give them their own voids to use? That's handy... probably the easiest way to build yourself a super-human army capable of mass-destruction. Not saying it's a bad thing though... this ability probably will be a major factor in coming episodes.

-Oh Shu... you just can't control yourself. Not only you have Inori, Hare, etc... but now Ayase too? Who's next, Tsugumi?

-Segai never fails to amuse me with his quirks, disguises and evil plans. Hope he gets more screen time in this second season.

-Keido is back? Seriously? All we need now is Gai coming back from the dead to reclaim his lost longcoat.

-Speaking of the longcoat... did you guys noticed in the opening that Shu now does not only posess the legendary Badass Longcoat, but he also managed to get his hands on the equally mighty Scarf of Asskicking... He will be unstopable now! GHQ, you're f*****!!

-How the hell they build that wall so fast? Complete with a mechanism to raise it directly from the ground without anyone noticing before? Now THAT's good engineering. We should contract those guys to build the stadiums for the next FIFA World Cup.

I think that's pretty much everything...
Old 2012-01-20, 23:43   Link #83
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

Why did you find that extremely stupid? It stood a decent chance of clearing the field of their most problematic enemies (the Undertakers), and the Anti-Bodies were effectively inoculated against it.

So I felt that when it came to establishing some degree of competency, Episode 10 was a plus for the main antagonists of this anime.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. The motivation behind the virus outbreak in Episode 10 was my main problem with it. All I remember was that besides taking out the Undertakers, it's main goal was to be used as some doomsday device by some villain who wants the destruction of the world for some bullshit reason. I made it clear with the Episode 12 how much I hate that motive.

The only two villains I find somewhat competent is Scarface (but he plays around too much to truly be competent) and Dan (who's dead). Keido is sort of competent, but his motivation just sucks and makes me think he's just a nutball (without the Joker's personality to make him entertaining). That other void user? Too mysterious to care.

With that said, I get that Shu can't just destroy the wall with his voids, as Gai would have used them for bigger plans if Shu could do that. I just really hate how wildly inconsistent their powers can be at times (that 17 and under rule still hurts me).

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-01-21, 00:56   Link #84
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
I'm going to say he will eventually. Purely on what happened with him and Tsugumi in this episode. Throughout this anime Daryl has been treated badly and had nothing but bad luck. He had his Mech suit stolen from him, he was neglected by everyone including his father. That moment when Tsugumi offering him an candy apple was the first sign of kindness he had actually received since he was introcuded. I bet he's going to get more involved and eventually realise that 'friendship was all he ever needed' and at the last moment joins them or something similar to that.
Therapy and sedatives are all that kid ever needed. Maybe a white, padded room.

Then again I wouldn't put it past them to try to have a cartoonish lunatic like Daryl do a complete 180 and turn out to be perfectly capable of having healthy relationships even considering his abject lack of a frame of reference for what that constitutes. Nothing these writers have done thus far gives me the impression that they've any clue of what makes human beings tick...
Old 2012-01-21, 01:13   Link #85
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i bet the fangirls are drooling over megane-Daryl for this ep
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2012-01-21, 02:09   Link #86
teelatsuki

Well daryl void was a kaleidoscope, maybe he has multyple personalities and that's why he got over it so easily, that would also make a side more human than the psycopath we met in the first chapters.

1.Your writing sucks.
2. Your reading sucks.
3. You have low self steem.

Next time try to argue with valid arguments, not throw a tantrum.
Old 2012-01-21, 09:28   Link #87
tsunade666

^ well Daryl was an obvious tsun tsun in this episode.
Old 2012-01-21, 14:27   Link #88
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well Shu once again shows his naivete i cant really blame him though he thought it was pretty much over how was he suppose to know that damn bastard trolled us all and lived. Ugh and on top of that he gets premotion that allows to do pretty much anything he wants within the Japanese provisional government.

At this point with Guy being gone and everything pretty already gone to hell in a hand basket. Shu is going to be the one everyone turns too and im sure if hes ready to lead. But hes going to have to learn on the go with support from his friends.

Its time to get the gang back together and reform Funeral Parlor hell the school itself could be there cover and their headquarters. Given his power he and Inori can sneak out of the quarantined area easily. They need to fine what remains of funeral Parlor reform the ranks and replace the ones that were killed in battle. I would want to find the battle hardened veterans first.

I would not doubt that Shus friends join Funeral Parlor at this point given that they pretty much know everything and see the evil for what it is now. They would also need to recruit which might not be a huge problem given that there are huge number of citizens that are still unhappy with this occupation.

One thing is for sure though time is not on their side they need to get their assess in gear now.
Old 2012-01-21, 20:08   Link #89
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Looks like Shu and Ayase are ready to put the band back together. I hope they have to go on a road trip to find everyone who have moved on, raised families, become famous ballet dancers and theme park tycoons in the few weeks since Gai died.

I know I was joking last week that Shu might want to give Ayase a few days before trying to trigger her flags, but I really wasn't expecting it would happen that fast.

Spoiler for Poor Ayase:
Old 2012-01-21, 23:29   Link #90
Team Rocket Elite

Is there any reason Ayase has to take off her Void? It seems like it would be more convenient to use them instead of a wheelchair to get around. It's not like she needs to keep it a secret since she already showed it in front of everyone at the school.
Old 2012-01-22, 01:20   Link #91
tsunade666

The new ending is also interesting and show the development of Shu. From the one getting drag on by Inori till Shu manage to run side by side by Inori and until to the point where he is leading and his dragging Inori on. I can expect him to be a badass leader or so I hope >.>
Old 2012-01-22, 09:59   Link #92
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post

Spoiler for Poor Ayase:
omg Ayase~! ;___;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Is there any reason Ayase has to take off her Void? It seems like it would be more convenient to use them instead of a wheelchair to get around. It's not like she needs to keep it a secret since she already showed it in front of everyone at the school.
I think it's just a smarter idea to NOT have Voids out when unnecessary.
Old 2012-01-22, 10:03   Link #93
blue_sora

I totally love the new OP. ED not so much.

Like others I wondered why there were too much ShuxInori scenes in the OP. Then I remembered that Japan loves Shu and Inori, and all of it makes sense.

"It's over, isn't it, Gai?" Pfft, not a chance Shu you have nine episodes left, so a lot will be happening.

For the episode, I laughed when those gang said why they want to attack the festival. Oh wow we received new weapons so let's terrorize the schoolkids because they are trying to cheer themselves up with a festival! The most laughable reason I ever heard for years.

As the OP gave me hope that Shu will be totally badass with the scarf and longcoat, I will give the series a chance to redeem itself. Hopefully the next episode it will show the new direction. There's also too much Gai and Mana scenes in the new OP and ED, so maybe this isn't the last of them.
Old 2012-01-22, 10:06   Link #94
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Woah, this showstory is built on conveniences.

Shu can draw voids like nothing, and everyone goes, "woah that's my void? cool." How convenient. I bet all he needs to do is train everyone to use their own void and form an army of void users. And be the catalyst and say, "march forth, my troops!"

Ayase getting new legs from her void! To top it off, she is so acrobatic. Instant proficiency slots maxed! How convenient.

What else? Man, I lost track.

But, despite my cynicism on the plot development, I admit I still enjoy watching this every week for some reason......
Same....I watch it for the underlying Apocalypse/ Lost Christmas plot in preparation for the game....

It isn't so bad if you just tune yourself out of the main cast...
Old 2012-01-22, 11:31   Link #95
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post

For the episode, I laughed when those gang said why they want to attack the festival. Oh wow we received new weapons so let's terrorize the schoolkids because they are trying to cheer themselves up with a festival! The most laughable reason I ever heard for years.
Well, villains having shallow reasons it is not so unusual, I read on newspapers IRL. If I had to say I found the festival idea to be weird. I mean, I understand the aim, but in that kind of situation I hadn't eaten away the supplied.

I had no expectations for OP/ED, but I liked the new OP, not as much as the previous one, but quite enough. No comment on the ED . I loved the old one.

The new arc give me some Code Geass vibes, as others had said. Inori role as CC and Ayase role as Kallen. Shu is more like a Suzaku than a Lelouch-like, so far.

And definitely Ayase flags have been raised (even if I got the feeling of some death flags too). I like both Inori and Ayase, so I know it will be frustrating watching Ayase along her road.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-01-22, 12:18   Link #96
Soji

Quote:
The new arc give me some Code Geass vibes, as others had said. Inori role as CC and Ayase role as Kallen. Shu is more like a Suzaku than a Lelouch-like, so far.

And definitely Ayase flags have been raised (even if I got the feeling of some death flags too). I like both Inori and Ayase, so I know it will be frustrating watching Ayase along her road.
Agree with this.But lest just hope that Ayase survive all this. better the heart broken than lose her life (I suppose).
Old 2012-01-22, 13:57   Link #97
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post

Like others I wondered why there were too much ShuxInori scenes in the OP. Then I remembered that Japan loves Shu and Inori, and all of it makes sense.

As the OP gave me hope that Shu will be totally badass with the scarf and longcoat, I will give the series a chance to redeem itself. Hopefully the next episode it will show the new direction. There's also too much Gai and Mana scenes in the new OP and ED, so maybe this isn't the last of them.
I hated the first opening and ending (then again, I'm not a fan of the music in this show), so this new one is a huge improvement. And yes, I want to see Shu wear those clothes. They are freaking awesome and might actually change my opinion on him a little bit. Don't like the new ending though.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-01-22, 19:05   Link #98
xDisturbedjeans
Likes2BlogUrAnimeNeeds

I really enjoyed this episode. It threw in a little mix of HS life and Daryl actually threw in a little humor! hehe.
And the new op is way better imo(but the ending im not to happy about) and i loved the part after they defeated the mecha and everyone was cheering for them. i actually might have blushed a little.
and then the ending came and everything turned around
WTFFF cliffhangers i hate yeww!!
Old 2012-01-22, 20:36   Link #99
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Sorry, I should have been more clear. The motivation behind the virus outbreak in Episode 10 was my main problem with it. All I remember was that besides taking out the Undertakers, it's main goal was to be used as some doomsday device by some villain who wants the destruction of the world for some bullshit reason. I made it clear with the Episode 12 how much I hate that motive.

The only two villains I find somewhat competent is Scarface (but he plays around too much to truly be competent) and Dan (who's dead). Keido is sort of competent, but his motivation just sucks and makes me think he's just a nutball (without the Joker's personality to make him entertaining). That other void user? Too mysterious to care.

With that said, I get that Shu can't just destroy the wall with his voids, as Gai would have used them for bigger plans if Shu could do that. I just really hate how wildly inconsistent their powers can be at times (that 17 and under rule still hurts me).
Dan is.....competent!?
Old 2012-01-22, 21:31   Link #100
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Spoiler for Poor Ayase:
Analyze that moment a bit:

Ayase reaches for the shoe, she falls and gets annoyed, throwing the shoe away. I will bet you $10 this will lampshade her growing affection for Shu.

Funnily enough, many will agree with me when I say Shu and Ayase makes a better couple than Inori and Shu.
Closed Thread