AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Monogatari Series Second Season - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 7 21.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 40.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 9.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-27, 12:51   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Monogatari Series Second Season - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll (Nadeko Medusa II)

Welcome to the discussion thread for Monogatari Series Second Season, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 10:30   Link #2
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Shinobu's sorta a dick. My waifu is being a bully.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 10:38   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

All this Nadeko fanservice in this ep. I almost went into cardiac arrest just looking at the screencaps. She's so cute (*´Д`)ハァハァ
Old 2013-09-28, 12:54   Link #4
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Shinobu's sorta a dick. My waifu is being a bully.
Just telling it like it is, ka ka~
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 13:00   Link #5
Raymondjram

I just saw the next episode. Shinobu is even more of a "bully" and jealous! Wait until you see what she does to her "master"!!
Raymondjram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 16:33   Link #6
liro
Super Driver

The snake's become more like QB, I feel sorry for Nadeko. Not enough ka ka ka this episode.

Images
endcard
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Sa-Sakura!?
Old 2013-09-28, 16:38   Link #7
DorkingtonPugsly

Well done episode. This is going well. Thing is I don't mind having a selfish girl like her with me. You can slowly change people.

The endcard is too erotic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondjram View Post
I just saw the next episode. Shinobu is even more of a "bully" and jealous! Wait until you see what she does to her "master"!!
???
Old 2013-09-28, 18:09   Link #8
Swigun
Ars Magica Translator

Nadeko Medusa more like Shinobu Bitch.
Old 2013-09-28, 18:48   Link #9
redgrnbluylw

I must say that I am so upset for Nadeko's situation. People like Ougi and Kuchinawa and Shinobu coming up to Nadeko and giving her crap about things that aren't her fault, messing with her head and patronizing her about always being the "victim". I know it's all fiction, but they're all just so despicable in this arc. I can't help but feel outraged for Nadeko. Seriously, who the hell do they think they are?

I thought it was unbelievably rude for Kuchinawa to tell Nadeko that he won't thank her even after she's found his godforsaken corpse. I don't care if he's a deity, he's got no sense of courtesy. I just don't think Nadeko deserves all this crap tossed onto her. She isn't trying to hurt anybody out of ill will, or anything of the sort, as far as I can tell. Not sure what to think of this arc so far.

Last edited by redgrnbluylw; 2013-09-28 at 18:49. Reason: wording
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 21:13   Link #10
HandofFate

Nadeko falls to bottom of Monogatari girl rankings.

Once again, Shinobu steals the episode.
Its an amusing change with this and the cat arc with araragi a background character.
Also, does Shinobu know the snake is there and just playing coy/humoring it, or is the snake actually masking its presence well.

Loving how Shinobu has gotten so much screentime ever since she started talking again.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 21:31   Link #11
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

No matter what you guys say... Nadeko is the last ULTIMATE BOSS!! She's still my favorite Loli... next to Shinobu. ku ku ku ku! hear that? Ku ku ku ku? That snake that rhymes with roach.
Old 2013-09-28, 21:33   Link #12
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Its an amusing change with this and the cat arc with araragi a background character.
Also, does Shinobu know the snake is there and just playing coy/humoring it, or is the snake actually masking its presence well.
I agree, I prefer Koyomi as a background character now. He was fun in season 1, but too much of him in Nisemono has made me prefer the way they're doing this season more.

As for the snake, since it didn't respond when Nadeko was talking to it, I assume it was suppressing its presence completely.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 22:19   Link #13
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Seems like Nadeko lives with the kind of personality that makes people worry about her while others really dislike her. A lot to ask a naturally quiet person to break out of their current state.

This whole arc is really uncomfortable when you know where it's going to go. Mistakes start piling up and they are going to bury Sengoku. Though I struggle to get past the first obvious mistake. A mysterious voice tells you to go somewhere and you obviously...don't go there!

Now she's gotten herself cooperating with this snake who is just a mountain of trouble. If she's already worrying people already might as well lay into it by explaining what is going on here. Hiding the truth is clearly going to lead to a tragic result.

Still all I can hope is that maybe all this talk about Nadeko's personality and mentality will be the key to resolving this. The only way back for her might be to change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
^ She played her victim role for far too long. Shinobu and Ougi most probably became sick with her attention whoring attitude and thus trying to lure her out from her self-indulged attitude.
Even Senjougahara hates Nadeko.
Frankly that Ougi seems more like a villain than anything else so can't really comment there.

It's hard to blame someone for playing the role of the victim when people keep popping up to victimize her . It's a vicious circle. That kind of atmosphere she carries makes her appear to be a victim which leads people to either pick on her because it's an easy target or because they don't like the way she portrays herself.

There are a lot of personality types out there and I don't think Nadeko's mentality is particularly bad. Certainly not worth Shinobu going at her like that.
Old 2013-09-28, 23:23   Link #14
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

I think the point with Nadeko, the reason why Shinobu was bullying her, and the reason why the Snake was mad at her, was that she always, always goes with the flow, is lazy and doesn't want to deal with the consecuences of her irresponsible acts. And because she's lucky and cute, she survives, just because other people saves her.

She's kinda femme fatale, not exactly, but quite a bit.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 00:12   Link #15
whitecloud

well the thing is about nadeko is kind of selfish, remember about suruga saying she is the ultimate final boss, and if i dont mistaken when she were asked have she done homework she dont do it because it is a pain? and she rather being scold by the teacher for a a day and be done with it?....

of course we can also see about all those snake killing which im sure is being done by nadeko herself, for some reason...stress?

so...all the sign is there...that she actually not right, that she actually just a quiet and shy girl, but underneath it all a dangerous girl...

even though of course ougi took the cake for being the catalyst, the person that provoke nadeko and push her past the limit....
Old 2013-09-29, 03:33   Link #16
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

The tempo in this arc are quite strange. They put 8 chapters in previous ep. and 6 in this one. I wonder would we have 2 more eps or just 1 cause there are 24 chapters total?
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 03:55   Link #17
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
The tempo in this arc are quite strange. They put 8 chapters in previous ep. and 6 in this one. I wonder would we have 2 more eps or just 1 cause there are 24 chapters total?
It's two episodes.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 04:04   Link #18
Shikijin

Quote:
There are shorter chapters and longer chapters. Generally the chapter with the climax is longer, for example.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 04:29   Link #19
SQA

Quote:
More room for over the top fanservice & fight scenes in the final episode of the arc.

This is s SHAFT series, after all.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 07:46   Link #20
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
I think the point with Nadeko, the reason why Shinobu was bullying her, and the reason why the Snake was mad at her, was that she always, always goes with the flow, is lazy and doesn't want to deal with the consecuences of her irresponsible acts. And because she's lucky and cute, she survives, just because other people saves her.

She's kinda femme fatale, not exactly, but quite a bit.
This is exactly my read on Nadeko, though in her defense, I'd like to again point out that she's 14, and hardly unique in this respect. It's just the way she's used to coping, and it's probably something that she could grow out of under normal circumstances. The real trouble is that this selfish, manipulative side of her seems to have attracted/created/whatever this snake monster.

When Shinobu started laying into her, I figured that the little vampire had some inkling of what was really going on. I actually kind of thought that she was warning Nadeko that even though she's just a kid, she needs to get her shit sorted out immediately, before something terrible happens.

But hey, what do I know? Maybe she really was just being catty and felt like serving up a good tongue-lashing to the resident self-styled ingénue.

Last edited by ThereminVox; 2013-09-29 at 08:06.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote