AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-27, 03:04   Link #1361
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
I think they look fine myself. They kinda feel upgraded a bit from the 1992, etc. seasons, but for the better in my opinion, though not quite to the standard of the key visual some time back....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
It's biweekly.
What the hell.
Wait... what?
Old 2014-04-27, 03:08   Link #1362
Horse

Now that I'm looking at them after the stream they are kinda growing on me, except for Jupiter's hueg breastplate. I also don't understand why only Moon is SRSBSNS in the pics they chose.
Old 2014-04-27, 03:14   Link #1363
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
I think they look fine myself. They kinda feel upgraded a bit from the 1992, etc. seasons, but for the better in my opinion, though not quite to the standard of the key visual some time back....

Wait... what?
They said it was gonna air once every two weeks.
Old 2014-04-27, 03:18   Link #1364
AntonKutovoi

Glad to see Mitsuishi return. She's iconic for Usagi. Rina Satou as Sailpr Mars... I'm a big fan of Michie Tomizawa's voice (though it's mainly due Sakura Taisen, not SM), but Satou is good too. It will take some time to get used to it, though.

And I wonder, who will voice Tuxedo Mask. I'd like to have Tohru Furuya back, but it's unlikely to happen.
Old 2014-04-27, 03:22   Link #1365
elior

they look a bit cheap but meybe it will be like those shows where the characters art looks cheap but in the episodes itself and in motion it will look much better
Old 2014-04-27, 03:24   Link #1366
momotaros

Thier some better pics of them on the official site guys..

http://sailormoon-official.com/anima...cters/moon.php
Old 2014-04-27, 03:26   Link #1367
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by momotaros View Post

Those looks MUCH better. The closeups on the faces are glorious.
Old 2014-04-27, 03:27   Link #1368
xizro345
King's Justice

The designs are hideous. Looks like they weren't really sure on which direction to take.
Also, why Kotono again as Usagi? Rest of the cast may potentially be fine though.

Also, biweekly? Things are getting weirder...
Old 2014-04-27, 03:30   Link #1369
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:

Okay, I'm sold! These look gorgeous! Definitely different style compared to the 90's anime. I'm really glad it doesn't look moe style.
Old 2014-04-27, 03:31   Link #1370
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hisakawa Aya might be busy with Yamato 2199.
Old 2014-04-27, 03:33   Link #1371
momotaros

My only real complaint is the 2 episodes a month deal. That just screams to me that the series wont last very long.
Old 2014-04-27, 03:37   Link #1372
Horse

Uh, GITS SAC had 2 episodes per month (and both aired on the same evening, too). It's a shame, but whatever. Besides who knows - they could be more than 23 minutes long.
Old 2014-04-27, 03:43   Link #1373
momotaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Uh, GITS SAC had 2 episodes per month (and both aired on the same evening, too). It's a shame, but whatever. Besides who knows - they could be more than 23 minutes long.
True,we will just have to wait and see.
Old 2014-04-27, 03:53   Link #1374
areyoubaka

The bimonthly schedule reminds me of Katanagatari's initial airing - 1 monthly hour long episode throughout a period of 12 months.
Old 2014-04-27, 04:27   Link #1375
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Oh my god it's ..... Hm. It's... It's ok I guess. Not what I expected, in the sense that it's not what I would've wanted.... But it's kind of what I expected from that screwy first preview picture. Ironically, with the preview, I thought the body looked wrong. With these, it's the heads that, look messed up. Ami's head.... It looks ginormous ;-;
Overall, it looks a bit cheesy and cheap... And not a fan of using the old cast tbh. And what's that of a bimonthly schedule?
Sigh, this project really is one disappointment after the other, when you add it all up.

Here's hoping that it will look better animated... Although so far, this project has given little reason to be hopeful about it xD This would be ok for random magical girl anime x... But after years of waiting and all the hype, this falls below expectations.

Edit:if you keep staring at them.. They grow on you a bit. Venus looks ok..ish. Ami and Rei though... Sigh. Still, the colours are too bright, and the eyes look off. Makes it look cheesy. They need to take a look at, say, Gundam Unicorn and take note.
Old 2014-04-27, 04:34   Link #1376
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

it also Nico stream only. July 5th

Old 2014-04-27, 04:43   Link #1377
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Tbh, especially when compared to other contemporary anime, these look bad. Actually, anyone remember the fan work from a couple of months back that people confused for the real deal? More effort seems to have gone into those.
These kind of remind me of fan made transformation videos that you find on YouTube, not a professional studios work in 2014. Quite concerned about this show now...

Old 2014-04-27, 04:52   Link #1378
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Tbh, especially when compared to other contemporary anime, these look bad. Actually, anyone remember the fan work from a couple of months back that people confused for the real deal? More effort seems to have gone into those.
These kind of remind me of fan made transformation videos that you find on YouTube, not a professional studios work in 2014. Quite concerned about this show now...

maybe it will be like the shows when they look cheap at the art but after you see them in the anime in motion they look much better
Old 2014-04-27, 06:02   Link #1379
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
maybe it will be like the shows when they look cheap at the art but after you see them in the anime in motion they look much better
I hope so, I just don't trust this staff anymore.

Lol, did anyone notice that sailor moons hair buns in the frontal shot look really tacked on, to the extent that they don't seem to be part of her hair at all? XD
They look like plastic antennae, superglued onto her head, with which to either contact NASA or lash out at enemies.

They need to stop letting the first year intern do all the work for them

Last edited by Faerie; 2014-04-27 at 06:51.
Old 2014-04-27, 06:39   Link #1380
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

Oh god, what have they done to Mars' legs? They were her best feature in the original anime, now they look like matchsticks. Yes, I know it's because the designs are closer to the manga, but I don't like the manga art in the first palce, so...

Tags
remake, shoujo