AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-12-25, 17:02   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 90 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 17:09   Link #2
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

Isn't this going to start a new filler arc?
tensashinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 18:07   Link #3
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Spoiler for Anime:

Spoiler for Censorship in Episode:
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 18:12   Link #4
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensashinigami View Post
Isn't this going to start a new filler arc?
Unfortuneatly, yes. Its seem they're doing fillier arcs between every manga arc. Annoying to say the least.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 19:11   Link #5
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDetei View Post
Also noted they've censored that OH SO SPECIAL famous scene that's etched into my memory......kinda ruined the joke of Sakura's personality tho :<
Poor monir isn't going to have food for his thoughts.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 19:21   Link #6
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

Yeah, it is very unfortuneatly.
Old 2008-12-25, 19:26   Link #7
kimbokasteniv

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDetei View Post
Spoiler for Censorship in Episode:
Ok, now I'm intrigued, what has been removed?
kimbokasteniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 19:27   Link #8
APastelPainting

Yea, me too.
APastelPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 19:32   Link #9
Apollian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
Unfortuneatly, yes. Its seem they're doing fillier arcs between every manga arc. Annoying to say the least.

I wouldn't say its annoying. if its done right in the content that it actually added some much needed depth into a few Ninjas, then its worth it.
my personal view on this is as long as the story is strong, Fillers could help the Ninjas that lack screen time. so we can see them a bit more.
since season two started, Rock Lee, Hinata, Shino, Ten Ten and Kiba have been seriously lacking screen time.
we know there's going to be breaks to increase the distance of the anime and manga, so its not worth killing Kishi about it.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 19:35   Link #10
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollian View Post
I wouldn't say its annoying. if its done right in the content that it actually added some much needed depth into a few Ninjas, then its worth it.
my personal view on this is as long as the story is strong, Fillers could help the Ninjas that lack screen time. so we can see them a bit more.
since season two started, Rock Lee, Hinata, Shino, Ten Ten and Kiba have been seriously lacking screen time.
we know there's going to be breaks to increase the distance of the anime and manga, so its not worth killing Kishi about it.
It doesn't matter to me. Filler are a waste of time and energy. They're invaribly horrible and serve no other purpose but to postpone the using manga material. But, some like it. So I guess that says something.
Old 2008-12-25, 21:02   Link #11
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

Spoiler for the ones who haven't seen it:
Old 2008-12-25, 21:23   Link #12
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Anyways still impressed at some growth for Naruto. Recognizing that the new technique isn't any good with all the downsides to it. Sure it will annihilate whoever you hit it with, but the cost is too large. Can't afford a move that sucks up that much chakra and will leave your body in terrible shape. I'm all for getting other techniques that can add to his variety.

Seems like Kakashi is getting more action by going around with various groups which is fine. Has to be better than the fillers they did before when sending Naruto with every team that they had.
Old 2008-12-25, 21:41   Link #13
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
lol its funny that naruto never realized that frs cost to much in the manga. so this time the anime is actually making naruto sound smarter than he already is. i am guessing they sensored the other part of the sexy no jutsu because most parents would flip out at the homosexuality. i am actually exited about this filler if it gives naruto new jutsu's that are more usefull, but i have a feeling the training will be interrupted and he never gets to learn anything in order to not contradict the manga (too much) later on

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 22:13   Link #14
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Wow, amazing episode. I really liked it. So Orochimaru's playing a role again. Jiraiya's back and wants to train Naruto again and the name of that beautiful girl is Yukimaru... who wouldn't fall for her pink eyes and her blonde hair? ^^

Sasuke seems to extend the reach of his Chidori, making it at least a mid-range technique as he cut the blossoms of a tree far away on the other side of a river.

And know what!? Orochimaru and Kabuto resemble Mr. Burns and Smithers xD

"Here's your medecine, Mr. Burns"
"...."

brilliant ^_^

Now that I got that idea, I won't let go off it easily... Burns & Smithers, hilarious!
Old 2008-12-25, 23:49   Link #15
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Why do they need to make new fillers, the manga is over 100 chapters past this point they should just continue as it is it's not going to catch up anytime soon unless there is a lot of breaks

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 23:51   Link #16
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Why do they need to make new fillers, the manga is over 100 chapters past this point they should just continue as it is it's not going to catch up anytime soon unless there is a lot of breaks
Because they like to anger and alienate fans with there crappy original material, thats why.
Old 2008-12-25, 23:57   Link #17
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
The same could be said to the previous filler, and the airing of each ep is quite slow, schedule wise. The pace of a tipical ep is not even fast, so i dont really get the need for fillers
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 00:52   Link #18
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
The same could be said to the previous filler, and the airing of each ep is quite slow, schedule wise. The pace of a tipical ep is not even fast, so i dont really get the need for fillers
They add enough filler in the manga followed episodes like Sakura thoughts on Shikamaru or Shikamaru fainting or Chouji rushing in out of anger and getting pwned

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 00:56   Link #19
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Aye, if you don't know it's filler, you're happy. Besides, the atmosphere was quite nice and I'm happy to see forward to what's coming next. This "filler" will have epic quality. Something we've never seen before. Well, of course they play with superlatives now, but I think things will get interesting...
Old 2008-12-26, 00:58   Link #20
APastelPainting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
lol its funny that naruto never realized that frs cost to much in the manga. so this time the anime is actually making naruto sound smarter than he already is. i am guessing they sensored the other part of the sexy no jutsu because most parents would flip out at the homosexuality. i am actually exited about this filler if it gives naruto new jutsu's that are more usefull, but i have a feeling the training will be interrupted and he never gets to learn anything in order to not contradict the manga (too much) later on
So what's the deal with what they edited out?
APastelPainting is offline   Reply With Quote