AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-12-31, 18:57   Link #20901
Cao Ni Ma

No new OP, very few new BGMs. Ending out of the left field, barely anything actually answered. Someone went over the script and didn't find anything that suggested a branching path other than the "magic or trick" scene
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 19:00   Link #20902
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terras View Post
Why do I feel.... so trolled?

Spoiler for Episode 8 Ending:
You have no idea how mad I am, this is basically one of the 2 possibilities that I thought would happen if Battler was still alive, him having amnesia. Double whammy with the surprise pseudo "it was all a dream" ending.
Old 2010-12-31, 19:00   Link #20903
FM6
Spectator

Eh... I need to wait 9 hours to play it.
;_;
FM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 19:02   Link #20904
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao Ni Ma View Post
You have no idea how mad I am, this is basically one of the 2 possibilities that I thought would happen if Battler was still alive, him having amnesia. Double whammy with the surprise pseudo "it was all a dream" ending.
Let's be fair. He remembers everything that happened on the island. He just doesn't remember who he is. (least that's what the livejournal says) And what's in a name anyway?

Spoiler for Battler:
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 19:13   Link #20905
Mikachiru
test

More questions I'm putting out there...

Purple declaration: fake or real? And does the culprit naming part affect anything?

Asumu and Yasu? What do they look like?

What happens in the ??? and Tea party?

Shkanon confirm? I heard it was, but I wanna double check.

Did Maria's rose really just fly away? No one touch it, right? I remember the rose had a meaning in some theories or something...

The usual whydunit

And the questions Terras has.
Old 2010-12-31, 19:21   Link #20906
Cao Ni Ma

Purple is real as far I know, no it doesn't matter though.

We are never shown how they look like, no gender, nothing

Bern is a cat, Lambda is a cake

During the teaparty and ???? you find out that Battler has Laser Guided Amnesia and is trying to remember what actually happen in the events so he writes the EPs as therapy basically. He lives with Hachijo Tohya or something like that. Ange ends up writing children tales about Sakutaro. Beatrice was a creation to stop Ange from finding the truth or something like that.

Kyrie, Rudolph and Battler are the culprits. Kyrie and Rudolph die against Rosa and she dies as well. Battler was suppose to kill Shannon but he couldn't do it. Something about a boat or submarine and Shannon jumping out to kill herself and Battler going after her to try to save her.
Old 2010-12-31, 19:27   Link #20907
Terras

So what's the deal with

Spoiler for Ep8 character:
Terras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 19:28   Link #20908
witchfan

@Judoh: Err, right, it was Bern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terras View Post
So what's the deal with

Spoiler for Ep8 character:
That's one of the most likely fakes. I'm pretty sure it's Ange's school outfit tacked with a goat head.
witchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 19:29   Link #20909
Joneleth
Blue Wizard

Send a message via MSN to Joneleth
No Goat Ange is Real.
Joneleth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 19:31   Link #20910
Cao Ni Ma

Its real, its just a glitch when she pops in the tips section or while saving. Happens with Battler sometimes too. I think she pops in during the "Magic or trick" scene if you pick trick.
Old 2010-12-31, 19:33   Link #20911
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchfan View Post
@Judoh: Err, right, it was Bern.

That's one of the most likely fakes. I'm pretty sure it's Ange's school outfit tacked with a goat head.
Hate to disappoint you but...

Spoiler for GOATS:
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 19:34   Link #20912
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Kyrie, Rudolph and Battler are the culprits. Kyrie and Rudolph die against Rosa and she dies as well. Battler was suppose to kill Shannon but he couldn't do it. Something about a boat or submarine and Shannon jumping out to kill herself and Battler going after her to try to save her.

And so we come to the most important question of them all... Why? Why murder everyone and why would Battler spare Shannon (love, sympathy, etc)?
Old 2010-12-31, 19:35   Link #20913
witchfan

Well, Yasu had to get a sprite eventually.

Also, I would appreciate if you can source what you've said, Cao. Have you actually played the game?
Old 2010-12-31, 19:37   Link #20914
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
And so we come to the most important question of them all... Why? Why murder everyone and why would Battler spare Shannon (love, sympathy, etc)?
Apparently greed for Kyrie and Rudolph, Battler was just in it because he wanted his father to trust him so they told him to kill Shannon to prove himself. He cant do it because he likes her so they fake her death.

e- same source everyone has been using, information from people that are actually playing the game and telling us whats happening supported by images.
Old 2010-12-31, 19:40   Link #20915
ocbx

Spoiler for it that real ? why 3 ? Oo:
ocbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 19:40   Link #20916
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Apparently greed for Kyrie and Rudolph, Battler was just in it because he wanted his father to trust him so they told him to kill Shannon to prove himself. He cant do it because he likes her so they fake her death.
That's very odd. I thought Battler cared about his family...

I mean the rest of them. Not just Kyrie and Rudolph.
Old 2010-12-31, 19:43   Link #20917
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
anons rage at amnesia ending, i rage at Battler being an acomplice. i mean, it's such an asspull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
That's very odd. I thought Battler cared about his family...
i though Battler didn't give a shit about Rudolf, or at least disliked him. now that's odd.
desirebluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 19:44   Link #20918
witchfan

Quote:

e- same source everyone has been using, information from people that are actually playing the game and telling us whats happening supported by images.
The lack of sourced facts is really derailing this thread into a twisted speculations one. At the very least, if you go by what people say, consider that the Kyrie, Rudolph and Battler thing is apparently just one ending, which you get by framing them as the culprits. If it even exists, it's quite clearly a fake ending: Battler-kun is not the culprit, after all.
Old 2010-12-31, 19:46   Link #20919
Cao Ni Ma

You can find the script for the game if you want, if you know some code you can check if there are alternate endings additional from the 2 that are known. If you want I can try to fetch it.

here you go

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_T...thkey=CK38w8UE
Old 2010-12-31, 19:48   Link #20920
witchfan

I have some experience with scripting, but I fear my slow Japanese would be a larger detriment than my scripting ability.