AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-05-27, 09:14   Link #81
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
The ending just left me confused.

Spoiler:


Horrible visuals aside, this wasn't a bad installment. I certainly liked it better than Arise. Might even have been a hit if they had stuck with traditional animation, tons of people refuse to watch it because it's 3D.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-27, 15:43   Link #82
Nachtwandler
Yurifag
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Age: 34
Sola DA may have not the best CGI out there but they generally make great action scenes for their series.
__________________
F/GO: 828 004 124
My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-27, 16:44   Link #83
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The ending just left me confused.

Spoiler:
From what I understood, people who are double thinking don't even realize it, so it's probably like an overlay. Kinda like a super advanced augmented reality, like a filter. So advanced you don't even realize it's there.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-27, 23:09   Link #84
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Wait, since Section 9 personnels' memory about Purin are wiped except for Motoko, Batou (& probably Togusa), does that mean Motoko let the Double Think plan go? Or did their memory got manipulated by the pods? I'm also confused here.

But all in all,
Spoiler for death of a major character:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Horrible visuals aside,
I never understand this kind of sentiment for SAC 2045 (not just from you but many others, obviously). I mean, just from texture alone, this anime surpassed all anime that's been done by Polygon like Sidonia, Ajin & many others. Yet, I don't remember you refer to them having horrible visuals. I get it if you don't jive with how the characters look (which I personally find better looking than the above titles) but the visuals have been pleasing for the eyes be it the environment, technology & action.

Heck, the current Ultraman Netflix & Pacific Rim Black even have (much) stiffer characters than SAC 2045. So, if we're talking about horrible 3DCG anime, what standard are we basing it on? Some people said Beastars is better but that's mostly because the characters are anthro-animals that audience can easily excuse for moving rather clunky. Some will say Dorohedoro is better but, again, there are a lot of nonhuman characters in that anime. Are we going to compare SAC 2045 quality with movies like Gantz 0 or Triple-A game cutscenes like current Final Fantasy?
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 01:55   Link #85
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So, if we're talking about horrible 3DCG anime, what standard are we basing it on?
Literally anything that isn't Arcane.
__________________

Arcane is the way
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 02:20   Link #86
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Literally anything that isn't Arcane.
Just because Arcane is excellent, doesn't mean others are automatically horrible. There are layers of good/bad. If Arcane is the king of the hill, and Berserk 3D & Ex-Arm are the bottom of the barrel, there's still a wide space in between. And I believe SAC 2045 is still in the upper echelon somewhere below Arcane, making the show looking pretty good.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 04:09   Link #87
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 41
With all due respect, this 'version' of GITS defiles the Major and Batou so much, amongst others, that it holds no value for me at all. It feels like someone is scripting live-action figurine fights. But fair, there are so many titles that make it feel like acrylic stand fights instead, so I guess it has that goes for it.
__________________

Arcane is the way
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 06:31   Link #88
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
I also want to highlight the excellent action direction & coreography in this season:
  • The shoot-out involving Motoko who had to reverse/back up the truck from the highway all the way up to the toll gate amidst a rain of bullets & rockets is very good.
  • The highway battle against Suzuka that didn't only involve Motoko but also Paz & Purin. The way Suzuka avoided the barrage (even from multiple Tachikomas) with a combination of breakdance, capoeira & parkour moves is simply awesome & have never been seen in many anime (if at all). Not to mention the jumbo jet that barely scraped by the buildings really cranked the stakes up to 11.
  • The Shin-Tokyo battle that pretty much took a big portion of this season (from episode 8 to 11) in itself was a big highlight. It's not an outright war but we have some real good stuffs in here. Putting aside all the blood-pumping twists & turns, we have a competing battle between Section 9 & Navy SEALs in such a messy-but-exciting display of firepower & tactics. The SEALs suits look cool as if they leapt straight from Masamune Shirow's mangas and the raining of bullets between the SEALs & Tachikomas was just a joy to watch.
  • There's also a shot from the POV of a swinging Tachikomas that feels dope.
  • And pretty much every hand-to-hand fight involving Post-human was an excellent piece of coreography which, even though not flashy, but actually feels fresher even compared to One Punch Man, My Hero Academia or Mob Psycho's usual punches, kicks, slashes, swings & energy blasts no matter how gorgeous the handdrawn were. The post-humans simply had many acrobatic moves and combine that with how the director competently made use of the environment & geography (coz this is 3D) makes for an engaging (and sometimes visceral) fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
With all due respect, this 'version' of GITS defiles the Major and Batou so much, amongst others....
I mean, visual aside (you already established that you hate it), how did SAC 2045 defiles Motoko & Batou exactly?
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 06:48   Link #89
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I never understand this kind of sentiment for SAC 2045 (not just from you but many others, obviously). I mean, just from texture alone, this anime surpassed all anime that's been done by Polygon like Sidonia, Ajin & many others. Yet, I don't remember you refer to them having horrible visuals. I get it if you don't jive with how the characters look (which I personally find better looking than the above titles) but the visuals have been pleasing for the eyes be it the environment, technology & action.

Heck, the current Ultraman Netflix & Pacific Rim Black even have (much) stiffer characters than SAC 2045. So, if we're talking about horrible 3DCG anime, what standard are we basing it on? Some people said Beastars is better but that's mostly because the characters are anthro-animals that audience can easily excuse for moving rather clunky. Some will say Dorohedoro is better but, again, there are a lot of nonhuman characters in that anime. Are we going to compare SAC 2045 quality with movies like Gantz 0 or Triple-A game cutscenes like current Final Fantasy?
The environments look very nice and the animation is good, but the character models are what I find horrible. They look like plastic dolls. I much prefer the style used in the series you mentioned, where they actually look like anime characters rather than Barbies. Even though the rest isn't bad, it makes the entire series look super cheap.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 08:29   Link #90
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The environments look very nice and the animation is good, but the character models are what I find horrible. They look like plastic dolls. I much prefer the style used in the series you mentioned, where they actually look like anime characters rather than Barbies. Even though the rest isn't bad, it makes the entire series look super cheap.
THAT is exactly my issue...

They don't look like the characters I know one bit...The Major is one of anime's true badasses. She looks like she's about to go on stage for an idol show in this...Batou looks like he's 70 and his face is about to fall out...not that gritty, hard-as-nails guy. The voice acting feels completely out of sync with the visuals as a result and I just can't buy into believing this..

I don't know what the hell happened to GITS after the two SAC series. I'm sure there's some intriguing political rhetoric and social dystopian content still, but they killed one of anime's golden gooses with going this path.
__________________

Arcane is the way
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 09:29   Link #91
Nachtwandler
Yurifag
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Age: 34
In general it looks like anime fans bash anything CGI not made by Orange.
__________________
F/GO: 828 004 124
My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 14:24   Link #92
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
They don't look like the characters I know one bit...The Major is one of anime's true badasses. She looks like she's about to go on stage for an idol show in this...Batou looks like he's 70 and his face is about to fall out...not that gritty, hard-as-nails guy.
Again, this kind of complaint is hard to believe. Let me present you a direct comparison:

This is Batou in his SAC days:




This is Batou in 2045:




If anything, it's the SAC one that looks like he's 70. The 2045 show actually made him look (much) younger .


And this is Motoko in her SAC days:





This is Motoko in 2045:



Yeah, I don't see one being more idol than the other. If anything, 2045 Motoko actually has a more practical haircut for battle and she doesn't wear photoshoot-ready bathing suit most of the time like in SAC .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
In general it looks like anime fans bash anything CGI not made by Orange.
Indeed.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-29, 14:10   Link #93
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I see the main complain is simply the fact the show doesn't try to mimic the 2D anime look. Fair enough but I personally see no problems with this. Trying to make 3DCG look like 2D animation always gives mixed results. I could count the shows that kinda nailed it with a single hand, and even then it just feels fake anyway. So I actually appreciate this show isn't even trying.

My only issue with the graphics was the lack of details in the character models and backgrounds in the first season, but that has largely been resolved in the second season.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, ghost in the shell, new anime, sci-fi, shiro masamune

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.