AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-05, 19:58   Link #81
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'll give Arc points for both stealing all the money and coming up with a convenient reasoning for it. He's not wrong. Robbing this guy blind will make it tough for anyone to rebuild that organization. All the more so if they see what happened to the people behind it. The money will be better spent on Arc's over the top meals compared to anything the scumbags involved in this elf slavery ring would do with it.

Changing events from Arc taking the captured Elves with him compared to just having them leave on their own is somewhat understandable. Although I think keeping it the same would be best. Since they were still stuck with those chokers. Yes, I'm sure Danka and his people can take care of that themselves later. Not as easily, but it shouldn't be a major problem. But it would just be safer than sending those two off on their own. But obviously they'll be fine. I doubt the anime will use this change to have things blow up in the faces of the main characters. And keeping the reveal to Ariane alone is also understandable. Since it does make it a bit more special.

Props to Ariane for handling herself well there. She may have blown up early on, but Arc long since won her trust. And it wasn't like she had nothing to go on either. There wasn't any sense of corruption or anything else that would be normally expected. She herself would have long since been captured and unable to save those she wanted to save without him. So good reason for Ariane to put her faith behind him and see where things go.

Not a bad journey for Arc either. Yes, it was part of his setting that he was out looking to remove a curse. But it's possible they could find something that could put him in a more human state. Maybe, maybe not. But without any other goal, why not see how things play out? Plus there's a good bond built up with Ariane. Helping Ariane protect her people is as good a way to spend his time as any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, at least it wasn't as super explicit as in the first episode. And again, decent human beings are pretty scarce in this world.
Plus not a whole lot of decent people to be found when the initial objective of the episode was rescuing captured elves.

Not that I'd say the political maneuverings were overly decent. Everyone is far more concerned about the political and personal consequences from the slave trade than the fact that the slave trade was happening in the first place. Good luck mending things with the Elves with a perspective lacking in guilt or empathy.
Old 2022-05-06, 00:44   Link #82
Lex79

Well, if you look like a skeleton and can't tell other people that it's just your in game avatar, saying you're cursed is the next best thing. Now I'm curious to see if Arc will actually become human or he'll be forced to look for moreand more outrageous methods for dispelling curse with Ariane, knly to have allof them fail because there is no curse.
Old 2022-05-06, 14:12   Link #83
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Not that I'd say the political maneuverings were overly decent. Everyone is far more concerned about the political and personal consequences from the slave trade than the fact that the slave trade was happening in the first place. Good luck mending things with the Elves with a perspective lacking in guilt or empathy.
In the grand scheme of things a few elves that aren't even their citizens aren't so much of a problem as the hundreds of thousands that can die in wars or famine because the neighboring countries get pissed off (or get to pretend they are pissed off).
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-07, 19:18   Link #84
Strahan

It seems in most cases of game-isekai, it's always that they make up some BS excuse or just sidestep the question about origins. I'd like to see once where they explain exactly where they came from. The reactions could be amusing. It's like well... in this other universe, people control individuals on this world for entertainment. Since humans from their universe actually created the game, in a way, we're a bunch of gods who toy with you all to ease our boredom hehe.

Kinda funny if you think about these characters having actual thoughts and experiences; makes me feel kinda bad for all the times I wander into Minecraft villages and strip them of all valuables lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-07, 20:12   Link #85
HandofFate

Arc seems to still treat everything like a game, wonder when he get to the "oh its actual people" moment. Like in Overlord, they make up that the MC's character's setting makes him view humans as insect.

Here, Arc mentions his lack of panic, but that's it. And unlike in Overlord, I don't think he's actually a skeleton, its just a skin for his avatar, so its just an illusion, he can eat and drink just fine.
Old 2022-05-08, 17:16   Link #86
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
It seems in most cases of game-isekai, it's always that they make up some BS excuse or just sidestep the question about origins. I'd like to see once where they explain exactly where they came from.
There's a otome dating-sim "isekai" manga like that, somewhat -- "Endo and Kobayashi's Live Commentary on the Villainess" where the two kids playing the game IRL can speak to the principal characters who think the Gods are telling them what to do. Great manga, I'd love to see this get an anime adaptation just for the OTT-tsundere "villainess" character.
Old 2022-05-08, 17:28   Link #87
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
There's a otome dating-sim "isekai" manga like that, somewhat -- "Endo and Kobayashi's Live Commentary on the Villainess" where the two kids playing the game IRL can speak to the principal characters who think the Gods are telling them what to do. Great manga, I'd love to see this get an anime adaptation just for the OTT-tsundere "villainess" character.
"Endo and Kobayashi Live! The Latest on Tsundere Villainess Lieselotte" is already confirmed to get an Anime adaptation (it was confirmed in December 2021, so maybe we would get the Anime adaptation around Fall 2022 or Winter 2023).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Arc seems to still treat everything like a game, wonder when he get to the "oh its actual people" moment.
No, he doesn't complete treats everything as a game.
While he is enjoying and assessing the situation as if in a game, but his actions and interaction is clearly that of a person who believes everything is real.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-08, 17:31   Link #88
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
There's also "the daughter of the Albert family wishes for ruin", where the MC tries to explain it to her attendant. He more or less accepts it, but he struggles to really understand what a game is.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-08, 17:40   Link #89
Huh...?

Quote:
It seems in most cases of game-isekai, it's always that they make up some BS excuse or just sidestep the question about origins. I'd like to see once where they explain exactly where they came from. The reactions could be amusing. It's like well... in this other universe, people control individuals on this world for entertainment. Since humans from their universe actually created the game, in a way, we're a bunch of gods who toy with you all to ease our boredom hehe.
I think there was a series (not sure if its Anime or something else), which mentioned that when a Author thinks of a plot for a Series, it is actually true events that is occurring in a different world, and the Author is able to learn about those events as premonition or clairvoyance, which they mistakenly think as a fictional concept and write it down as a story for a Series/Novel/Anime/Game.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-08, 23:11   Link #90
Strahan

Quote:
I never heard of that, but after finding it on a manga site it hooked me and I read it all lol. Looking forward to its anime. It's cool to see that concept, refreshingly unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
There's also "the daughter of the Albert family wishes for ruin", where the MC tries to explain it to her attendant. He more or less accepts it, but he struggles to really understand what a game is.
Now that I'm done with Endo I'm reading that one now, hehe. Also pretty interesting. MC is drawn very cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
I think there was a series (not sure if its Anime or something else), which mentioned that when a Author thinks of a plot for a Series, it is actually true events that is occurring in a different world, and the Author is able to learn about those events as premonition or clairvoyance, which they mistakenly think as a fictional concept and write it down as a story for a Series/Novel/Anime/Game.
That's a pretty interesting idea, could do some neat things with that.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-09, 01:32   Link #91
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I never heard of that, but after finding it on a manga site it hooked me and I read it all lol. Looking forward to its anime. It's cool to see that concept, refreshingly unique.
In the same vein, there's Akuyaku Reijou Tensei Oji-san, where a 52 years old guy reincarnates into the game his daughter plays (as the villainess). They can sort of communicate.
Old 2022-05-09, 09:16   Link #92
Frontier

Quote:
In the same vein, there's Akuyaku Reijou Tensei Oji-san, where a 52 years old guy reincarnates into the game his daughter plays (as the villainess). They can sort of communicate.
That sounds...pretty surreal .
Old 2022-05-12, 10:03   Link #93
Frontier

Nothing hits Arc's fantasy fetish harder than a city of elves !

These elves have a really strong "one with nature" vibe in terms of their architecture and general living style, which fits elves quite well .

I thought the Elder would turn out to be Ariane's dad...and we even get to meet her mom! It sounds like Kosuke Toriumi is her dad, while her mom...it kind of sounds like Kikuko Inoue but I don't think that's actually her? Although they do make an "Eternal 17" joke in Elf years, which was pretty amusing .

It's great that Arc can be himself and take his helmet off in front of Ariane's family. They really seemed to get long well .

I guess it's no surprise that the elves are wary of Arc since to them he's just a random human and elves have a justifiable distrust of humans, but luckily the little girls Arc saved are there to greet him and show how much better they're doing .

So Ariane's mom isn't just a simple housewife...she's a warrior and master of the sword herself, and she wants to test the mettle of her future son-in-law...I mean, daughters' companion, and she beats the tar out of Arc and lays him flat multiple times. Never underestimate a lady with a pleasant smile! And it also goes to show that, however high-leveled Arc is, it's not a replacement for true skill .

Elven politics! It makes sense that they'd have to figure out how to properly respond to the elf trafficking ring, although not without commenting how Ariane's attack on the lords' mansion was...maybe a little excessive. But at least her dad understood in the end .

Although Ariane doesn't have time to keep kicking herself when she finds out her older sister is going to get married (to her utter shock) and we actually get to properly meet Eevin for the first time as she glomps onto Ariane and nuzzles herself into her younger sisters' ample bosom. So not only is Eevin more bubbly (yet less busty and thiccer) than her younger sister, but she's also pretty affectionate and into said sister. Even her description of her future husband sounds like he's like Ariane personality wise .

The way Ariane stammered when Eevin asked if there was someone in her life she was interested in...could she have been thinking of Arc? Although even if she was, Eevin isn't going to let any suitor just marry her sister, and she's apparently one of the deadliest elf warriors even compared to Ariane, so that's definitely a potential challenge in the future .

Arc's still a Japanese man at heart, so no surprise he wants to take a bath the first chance he gets...but then Ariane walks in, strips, lets her hair loose, and walks in on him to take a bath herself and we get a good gander at Ariane utterly naked. Sure she blasted Arc with her fire magic, but it was such a glorious sight indeed !

Well, Arc can't keep taking this family's money, so instead he'll just take information on how to cure his skeleton condition. Arc wasn't planning on actually going this deep into the backstory he made up for his character, maybe it would be nice to be human again? Heck, it seems like his magic is actually effective in that respect. Could we get human arc next week ?
Old 2022-05-12, 13:24   Link #94
magnuskn

Now missing the content warning. ^^
Old 2022-05-12, 13:28   Link #95
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Despite Ponta's penetration of Arc.
Old 2022-05-12, 14:08   Link #96
Frontier

Quote:
Quote:
Despite Ponta's penetration of Arc.
And the naked skeleton...oh, I guess there was a naked elf girl too .
Old 2022-05-12, 19:45   Link #97
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Just watched ep six. Not a ln reader so I don't have a clue what happens next. But for the namesake of the show I doubt we'll get human Arc anytime soon. Maybe with a time limit idk.
One thing is for sure. Arc has the ability to become "fully functional"

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-12, 19:55   Link #98
grecefar

I gotta admit, I was yelling "woooh" at the end like Arc. So funny it was that simple, but then again I'm sure it has a limit.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-13, 00:03   Link #99
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
If nothing else the ending does give him a real jolt of hope. He had to wonder if it really counted as a curse. But in however his avatar body ended up here, it is...a body. So in the end it went from being a setting for his character to potentially being reality. I agree that it's likely only a partial and temporary thing. But now, he can care about finding this spring or trying out anti-curse options. It's not just a waste of time.

Since Ariane's sister is likely stronger than her mother...that's quite the bar for Arc to clear. He did need to run into some challenges and see his limits. He's incredibly strong. But of course his actual skill level isn't all that high yet. He's coasting on his natural stats at the moment. But he's got the will to improve and I'm sure he'll manage it.

Kind of sweet in a way that Ariane has fallen to that degree even with Arc's current condition. No idea what he'll actually look like when/if he regains a fully human body. Although...he definitely knows quite a bit about her after that incident .
Old 2022-05-13, 04:15   Link #100
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I've been meaning to ask this: some characters have referred to Ariane as a "dark elf" but which part of her is a "dark elf"? She's white as a chalk .