AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-10, 06:39   Link #1
tbl
Affably Evil

Change in character's personality

I decided to make another thread as the last didn't go as well as I would've hoped.

I'm looking for a manga or anime series where the PROTAGONIST who is male (please don't suggest a series where the following applies to another character and not the protagonist, even if it is a main character) goes through a change in personality and stays like that for most, if not all of the series.

Example: I think a good example would be Robin Hood. In most retellings, Robin of Locksley was somewhat of a spoiled brat kid, then he left for the crusades, witnessing the horrors of it, before returning to become, well Robin Hood the hero.

Anime/Manga Examples:
The Count of Monte Cristo (anime and Alex Dumas novel)
Ubel Blatt
Kaze no Stigma
Parasyte/Kiseijū
Rurouni Kenshin
Area 88
Black Cat
Gantz

I wouldn't really count Death Note or Code Geass.

Thanks again.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Last edited by tbl; 2008-01-10 at 19:14.
Old 2008-01-10, 09:21   Link #2
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Historys strongest dsiciple kenichi
Bamboo blade
Old 2008-01-10, 09:40   Link #3
NightSamurai

Black Lagoon and Ergo Proxy, but both of these are pretty well known and I am pretty sure you have seen them... A lot of anime/manga could apply, as most main characters do not remain static throughout the anime. Are you looking for gradual change over time or a more sudden one?
Old 2008-01-10, 18:26   Link #4
tbl
Affably Evil

I'm just looking for a drastic change in their personality, not something like just becoming more confident.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-01-10, 18:58   Link #5
jedinat

Juuni Kokuki - starts out as a rather pathetic "I'm just trying to be good so why do bad things happen to me" sort of girl... towards the end she is rather... manly I guess, lol. Silent/stoic, but still a bit realistically uncertain of herself. Two other major female characters go through big changes as well.
...yet now I read you are looking for a male protagonist... *is saddened for a bit* yet I also see you're looking for manga as well.

hmm...
Kurozakuro perhaps. He initially goes through a huge 360 degree personality change... yet ultimately it feels a bit more like psychological instability rather than a true personality change.
I can't really think of anything else, unfortunately.
Old 2008-01-10, 19:13   Link #6
Troilism

Toward the Terra - This is a really great show and the protagonist Jomy undergoes a pretty hefty change of becoming a leader.
Closed Thread