AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2010-09-03, 21:49   Link #41
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
very good job on it and lulu look awesome as ever
Haha thanks Chaos-chan. Glad to see you back

Third page! . Well, I really like claymore so I did a signature of the lovely galatea . I came up with some new effects accidentally by messing around . Basically, I smudged the render, duplicated the layer a couple of times, set one to dodge behind the main render for lighting, and set the other to color. It made the center gray/black and white and made it look like the color was taking over the forest. I changed the color with some gradient maps though, cause I wanted to go for a red/orange light, kinda like a sunset. Might use the burn tool for the edges, for last finishing touches.

Old 2010-09-03, 22:03   Link #42
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I came as soon as I saw Rennir post in his gallery!

Galatea...? I swear to God it's the pauldrons that make her pretty ;D Though if I stated who I liked, I'd get flamed. So I'll remain quiet... >_>; for now.

Well anyways, I like the lighting you used on the signature, Ren-chan. I like the background, too. The render actually fits.

I think if you worked on the yellow-white lighting abit, it'd get a 9.2 out of me.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 22:16   Link #43
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I came as soon as I saw Rennir post in his gallery!

Galatea...? I swear to God it's the pauldrons that make her pretty ;D Though if I stated who I liked, I'd get flamed. So I'll remain quiet... >_>; for now.

Well anyways, I like the lighting you used on the signature, Ren-chan. I like the background, too. The render actually fits.

I think if you worked on the yellow-white lighting abit, it'd get a 9.2 out of me.
Haha, who do you like? I never knew you knew about Claymore . I actually like the lighting the way it is right now .
Old 2010-09-03, 22:25   Link #44
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post

Third page! . Well, I really like claymore so I did a signature of the lovely galatea . I came up with some new effects accidentally by messing around . Basically, I smudged the render, duplicated the layer a couple of times, set one to dodge behind the main render for lighting, and set the other to color. It made the center gray/black and white and made it look like the color was taking over the forest. I changed the color with some gradient maps though, cause I wanted to go for a red/orange light, kinda like a sunset. Might use the burn tool for the edges, for last finishing touches.

Whooo! Lovely new set! Great work, Rennir^^ The lighting looks awesome.
Old 2010-09-03, 22:49   Link #45
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Haha, who do you like? I never knew you knew about Claymore . I actually like the lighting the way it is right now .
It's call the internet Ren-chan, it's what we're on. With the internet, you can look up all sorts of stuff... like episodes, character and spoilers and... if you find the 'right' site, doujinshis >_> ahurhurhur....

Whatever floats your boat. Halad, tell Ren-chan how famous I am about nitpicking.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 22:52   Link #46
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
It's call the internet Ren-chan, it's what we're on. With the internet, you can look up all sorts of stuff... like episodes, character and spoilers and... if you find the 'right' site, doujinshis >_> ahurhurhur....

Whatever floats your boat. Halad, tell Ren-chan how famous I am about nitpicking.
Oh cool. Well then you've read 107, I assume? Sad stuff D:

You both are famous for nitpicking, seriously . I've had halad apologize to me several times.

On another note, my next sig will 99% be a halo one . I've also started experimenting with gifs and non anime sigs. Gonna some tuts and see what I can come up with, cause I have some non anime renders I really want to make sigs for . So, it might be a while before I switch back to anime.

Last edited by Rennir; 2010-09-03 at 23:02.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 10:42   Link #47
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

your new Claymore set look very good ...I also like the lighting ^__^
keep up the good work
Old 2010-09-09, 21:26   Link #48
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Star-Wing
Rennir, that FMA starter pic is EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*ahem* Sorry, I just love FMA/B and I totally loved that...never thought blue would blend with Edward.
(Yup, I am here...left the thread to load for a few hours while I was away xP And no it didn't take few hours, I was just AWOL )
Has it really been only a couple of months for you?! I was thinking at least half a year or so....so many amazing sigs!

Spoiler for my musings....:

Loved your gallery anyways, loads of beautiful and stunning sigs. I really hope you update frequently!
Cookies, when the monster allows me ^^;
Old 2010-09-10, 22:48   Link #49
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Wing View Post
Rennir, that FMA starter pic is EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*ahem* Sorry, I just love FMA/B and I totally loved that...never thought blue would blend with Edward.
(Yup, I am here...left the thread to load for a few hours while I was away xP And no it didn't take few hours, I was just AWOL )
Has it really been only a couple of months for you?! I was thinking at least half a year or so....so many amazing sigs!

Spoiler for my musings....:

Loved your gallery anyways, loads of beautiful and stunning sigs. I really hope you update frequently!
Cookies, when the monster allows me ^^;
Well, it's been 4-6 months now. It was 1-2 months when I created the thread . Your criticisms are valid . I'm never going to regard criticism against me invalid, even if it isn't constructive . Those were some of my early sigs. I leave them there so it's like a visual map of my progress as time goes on, though my progress has been coming to a halt recently .

These are in order:

Lol, there's no blending in that xD I just pasted in the render and that was it .

Me messing with Miria's "phantom" ability. I still used abstract brushes/colorize for bgs back when I made that.

I kinda agree. Fractal's too visible as well. I loved the text style in this one

Render needs to be bigger, but the bg was a lot of c4ds/fractals?(I really don't know what to call them ) set on dodge/screen. Notice the borders

The bg was a stock from Timeshift. Render is actually Ezio, but I didn't like that name so I used Altair instead . There should be a built in option for scan lines in PS. You can also make your own though

I actually have a better idea for text now. The sig was supposed to be simple, so I used simple text as well.

I would go back and re-work most of these sigs, but I'm too lazy so I'm just going to continue making new ones . Plus, like I said earlier, it's a good visual of my development .

I don't take offense . In fact, I wish more people should come and critique my sigs. I might even start offering cookies for it xD. Coughaladjrcough.
Old 2010-09-10, 23:01   Link #50
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Star-Wing
What cookies for criticizing?! *tempted to criticize more*
Ahaha, well for the first sig, you might not have blended it but the colors match with the render
And I am lazy to rework my sigs too Oh, built in scanline function? Cool, I definitely need to check that!

See, it's hard to criticize your sig

EDIT - Ren you evil, you weren't supposed to give me cookies just like that. Why do you think I avoided criticizing? There were so many other sigs I could have criticized...
Oh well, thanks

Last edited by Star-Wing; 2010-09-11 at 04:30.
Star-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 23:40   Link #51
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Signature is a gift from Halad, and I just googled some stocks and cropped/resized them . In case, anyone doesn't know, the person is Taeyang, and his songs are epic, especially Wedding Dress .

Courtesy of Halad-chan
Old 2010-09-15, 17:49   Link #52
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Taeyang =

you should make Big Bang stuff
Old 2010-09-17, 23:15   Link #53
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Alright...so I was supposed to do a Halo sig, but I was listening some kpop and got a melancholic mood from it, and then BAM, I was inspired to do the non anime sigs I've put on hiatus . Her name is 杨幂, and she is a chinese actress. This sig is part of a set. The other one will be 胡歌. I'll have to do that one next week . Well, this was my first non anime sig, excluding Chaos'. I tried using light textures and fractals for effects. I wanted to keep the sig simple, because I didn't want to distract the focus at all. But I also wanted it to look good. Color adjustments took me at least 3 hours to do and it was just a b****. Anyways, I'm 90% pleased with the outcome; it could've been better. The light texture could've been more visible, but due to the practically white bg, it became less visible. I couldn't do anything except make the bg darker, which I didn't want to do. This is when having PS, which probably has a few more abilities/layer modes to use can help . 歌幂天道! 狸猫王道! Don't worry if you don't know what I'm talking about .

Last edited by Rennir; 2010-09-17 at 23:52.
Old 2010-09-17, 23:18   Link #54
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Alright...so I was supposed to do a Halo sig, but I was listening some kpop and got a melancholic mood from it, and then BAM, I was inspired to do the non anime sigs I've put on hiatus . Her name is 杨幂, and she is a chinese actress. This sig is part of a set. The other one will be 胡歌. I'll have to do that one next week . Well, this was my first non anime sig, excluding Chaos'. I tried using light textures and fractals for effects. I wanted to keep the sig simple, because I didn't want to distract the focus--杨幂. But I also wanted it to look good. Color adjustments took me at least 3 hours to do and it was just a b****. Anyways, I'm 90% pleased with the outcome; it could've been better. One last thing: 歌幂天道! Don't worry if you don't know what I'm talking about .

Its somewhat hard to understand the chinese words but I love the avatar and signature you made
Old 2010-09-17, 23:20   Link #55
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Its somewhat hard to understand the chinese words but I love the avatar and signature you made
Haha don't worry about it . Even if you knew chinese very well, there is still a big chance you wouldn't know what I'm talking about . Thank you for your compliments though.
Old 2010-09-17, 23:25   Link #56
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Alright...so I was supposed to do a Halo sig, but I was listening some kpop and got a melancholic mood from it, and then BAM, I was inspired to do the non anime sigs I've put on hiatus . Her name is 杨幂, and she is a chinese actress. This sig is part of a set. The other one will be 胡歌. I'll have to do that one next week . Well, this was my first non anime sig, excluding Chaos'. I tried using light textures and fractals for effects. I wanted to keep the sig simple, because I didn't want to distract the focus--杨幂. But I also wanted it to look good. Color adjustments took me at least 3 hours to do and it was just a b****. Anyways, I'm 90% pleased with the outcome; it could've been better. One last thing: 歌幂天道! Don't worry if you don't know what I'm talking about .

Wow! I love it! The effects look awesome and it's different from your usual style Hm, that makes me want to go switch sigs... just one second....

Non-anime sigs FTW.
Old 2010-09-17, 23:30   Link #57
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I like the little light effects happening around her, it really seems to get you in the mood when looking at it
Old 2010-09-17, 23:35   Link #58
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Wow! I love it! The effects look awesome and it's different from your usual style Hm, that makes me want to go switch sigs... just one second....

Non-anime sigs FTW.
My usual style? Haven't we gone over this before? My usual style is stock+render+c4d/fractal+smudging+blurring+some other random techniques that I might use+gradient maps. The only thing different is the light textures that I used this time. I had been trying to find what they were called for a long time before Star finally told me they were textures .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I like the little light effects happening around her, it really seems to get you in the mood when looking at it
Yup, that's the light texture at work

It would be nice to get some C&C PEOPLE .

Last edited by Rennir; 2010-09-18 at 00:02.
Old 2010-09-18, 00:14   Link #59
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Quote:

Quote:
Alright...so I was supposed to do a Halo sig, but I was listening some kpop and got a melancholic mood from it, and then BAM, I was inspired to do the non anime sigs I've put on hiatus . Her name is 杨幂, and she is a chinese actress. This sig is part of a set. The other one will be 胡歌. I'll have to do that one next week . Well, this was my first non anime sig, excluding Chaos'. I tried using light textures and fractals for effects. I wanted to keep the sig simple, because I didn't want to distract the focus at all. But I also wanted it to look good. Color adjustments took me at least 3 hours to do and it was just a b****. Anyways, I'm 90% pleased with the outcome; it could've been better. The light texture could've been more visible, but due to the practically white bg, it became less visible. I couldn't do anything except make the bg darker, which I didn't want to do. This is when having PS, which probably has a few more abilities/layer modes to use can help . 歌幂天道! 狸猫王道! Don't worry if you don't know what I'm talking about .

Wow Renn-Kun you're really good, I love em!
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 13:48   Link #60
Suomi
Kaiba

I think the non-anime sigs are turning out well also. The blending is always good, and I love how many different fonts you use! The most recent one, the bubbles give her sort of an air of suggestivity...you have a very interesting style.

Tags