AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

Old 2013-03-11, 08:24   Link #201
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm guessing they were just joking though.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 06:01   Link #202
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
He was responsible for ep. 25. ANN doesn't have who was responsible for ep. 26.
It was Kuroda Yousuke, according to Japanese Wikipedia and Anidb.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 21:22   Link #203
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Butch tweeted that he inspected the storyboards for the final episode of Gargantia and he felt a great sense of satisfaction. So either this is a 1-cour series, or somehow IG is actually being super efficient which would be pretty unusual these days!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 04:29   Link #204
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Butch tweeted that he inspected the storyboards for the final episode of Gargantia and he felt a great sense of satisfaction. So either this is a 1-cour series, or somehow IG is actually being super efficient which would be pretty unusual these days!
If it's the latter choice, do you think there will be another season of it ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 05:00   Link #205
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I'm with Kaisos Erranon and MisaoFan in that I don't really expect or want this show to seep death, despair and darkness everywhere. It would be cool to see Urobutchi do something that is *primarily* lighthearted or uplifting, even if it has dark/sad elements and an intense climax.

Oh, and having Naruko Hanaharu doing the original character design is awesome. Those are some really attractive characters and outfits.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 10:28   Link #206
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://gargantia.jp/blog/?p=138

The site blog has a low-res version of a new key visual, along with an announcement that they'll be giving away 8,000 copies of a free blu-ray containing the first two episodes of the show at Anime Contents Expo at the end of this month. That's kinda crazy. Bandai is really pushing this hard.
Old 2013-03-15, 11:20   Link #207
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:

The site blog has a low-res version of a new key visual, along with an announcement that they'll be giving away 8,000 copies of a free blu-ray containing the first two episodes of the show at Anime Contents Expo at the end of this month. That's kinda crazy. Bandai is really pushing this hard.
By giving away free blu-ray ... you don't mean giving away free blu-ray right? That's not pushing it hard, that's borderline crazy ... do they expect this to be a Gundam level success or something

EDIT
: hum ... >.> ... <.<. ... by the way, how can I get the Gargantia theme for Android?
Old 2013-03-15, 11:49   Link #208
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:

Sounds pretty cool, maybe I'll catch up watching the first two episodes before it airs I think. And I heard some good things about the director's blog that the show will probably be a bit different from other Gen's works as well writting-wise. Maybe I wouldn't worry about the story's progression, unless it was stated otherwise.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 12:53   Link #209
Haiprbim
Banned

The airing date was set on 7th of April, 2013.

Genre: Adventure, Science fiction, Mecha

Looks like something worth watching and the pictures remind me on the work of Studio Ghibli.
Hope it turns out good. :D
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 13:10   Link #210
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
By giving away free blu-ray ... you don't mean giving away free blu-ray right? That's not pushing it hard, that's borderline crazy ... do they expect this to be a Gundam level success or something

EDIT
: hum ... >.> ... <.<. ... by the way, how can I get the Gargantia theme for Android?
You can get the theme here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d..._livewallpaper
Old 2013-03-15, 14:01   Link #211
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Ah, thank you very much!

EDIT :
eh ... not available in my country? ... why am I already suffering?

Last edited by desrtsku; 2013-03-15 at 14:28.
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 09:24   Link #212
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:

I imagine this will licensed quickly. Releasing a Blu-ray before the show airs is crazy.

BTW, totoum, what anime are the characters from in your signature picture? I can't quite place them.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 12:01   Link #213
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

could someone upload the apk to a file hosting site?
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 13:05   Link #214
ragez2010
TamingSari

this remind me of Mars Daybreak, maybe because of the sea thing.
ragez2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 21:31   Link #215
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:

Heh, hopefully I get me one of those...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 03:00   Link #216
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Heh, hopefully I get me one of those...
Good luck! ACE looks like it'll be fun this year...
Old 2013-03-30, 02:09   Link #217
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Gargantia is finally confirmed to be a 1-cour show at ACE. They also announced the release format at the ACE talk event. The show will be released in 3 blu-ray box sets, each set comprising of 4 episodes and a bonus OVA episode. So there will be a total of 12+3 episodes. The final OVA will feature Minori Chihara (the OP singer) playing a guest character.

Yoshimichi Kameda (FMA:B and Milos super action animator) also confirmed on his twitter account a few days ago that he worked on the OP/ED and some 2nd key animation on ep2, while the majority of his animation on the series will be in the latter half of the show starting from ep9 onwards.
Old 2013-03-30, 02:11   Link #218
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I can't recall any 1 cour mecha show that's particularly good. Sad to hear this news.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 02:23   Link #219
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

As long as it has solid story (whether it’s grim or lighthearted), I don’t mind only getting 12 episodes. I hope Gen delivers.
Old 2013-03-30, 03:03   Link #220
desrtsku
Nympholept

There's a beginning to everything, Reckoner ... or not.
But either way, it's not like it'll be the end of the world if it really does suck. There's a bunch promising stuffs next season after all, so having particular expectations on this one won't hurt that much ... I think.

Quote:
The show will be released in 3 blu-ray box sets, each set comprising of 4 episodes and a bonus OVA episode. So there will be a total of 12+3 episodes.
I don't really get it, but it looks like they want this to sell so badly.
Quote:
The final OVA will feature Minori Chihara (the OP singer) playing a guest character.
What?
Quote:
Yoshimichi Kameda (FMA:B and Milos super action animator) also confirmed on his twitter account a few days ago that he worked on the OP/ED and some 2nd key animation on ep2, while the majority of his animation on the series will be in the latter half of the show starting from ep9 onwards.
Color me interested.

Tags
action, harem, mecha, post-apocalyptic, sci-fi, urobuchi