AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-01-29, 13:36   Link #1
Mb81

Eyeshield 21

What does this cover say about Eyeshield (i`m not so sure if i understand it right)

Another question, what is the name of the manga mentioned at the bottom.
Mb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 20:59   Link #2
Ookla The Mok

The one at the bottom is Kenshin creator Watsuki Nobuhiro's newest manga Busou Renkin (Iron Alchemist), which is widely believed to suck.

I can't help you with the Japanese here, but I've got to say that the ES21 color splash page for this issue is a Where's Waldo!! All sorts of crazy stuff going on with a beach scene. The only character I found after few minutes of looking at it was Kurita. I'll look some more later... too bad the lower left corner is covered up by dumb advertisement text like they always do on this type of page, but oh well.

Last edited by Ookla The Mok; 2004-01-30 at 05:16.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 11:35   Link #3
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Eyeshield 21

Anyone else like reading this manga? I don't usually like sports manga but for some reason I'm quite into this. Maybe it's because I've played english rugby before. I'm currently up to volume 8 and eagerly awaiting more.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 17:19   Link #4
domino
デレデレ

Woot, Eyeshield! But I didn't know there were 8 volumes already....

How many volumes is it at in Japan now? Hmm...
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 19:26   Link #5
SlugZilla
woofles

I read it, it's one of my favorite mangas.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 22:48   Link #6
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Hmmm...last I saw was 8 volumes in Japanese. Could be a 9th volume coming out soon I think. It's about time.

My fave chars in the manga would probably be Sena, Mamori and Hiruma.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 03:28   Link #7
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Eyeshield 21 discussions seem pretty dead. Sad for something so good, especially in the current tournament.

Spoiler for Chapter 184:

Man, the recent games had been class. Leagues above the Nationals PoT is having now. Golden 23 don't seem to be that good either.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 06:54   Link #8
striderm
Adusa #1

Spoiler:

And yes, I love where this is going right now.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 18:45   Link #9
Maskedstranger

nice to know I am not the only one still reading this anyway I think it is safe to count the score 31-14. As this match goes on I start to worry about the future for ES, I mean if the manga is to continue for another school year, they will need to get a new quaterback, kicker, and probably a linemen. Also the team just won't feel the same w/o Hiruma's badassness
Maskedstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 19:16   Link #10
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Hiruma has always struck me as a demonified version of mickey mouse... I think it's just me though...
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 20:46   Link #11
Maskedstranger

rofl I really can't see a micky mouse in him XD Imagines Micky with machine guns shooting at Disney Characters XD
Maskedstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 20:58   Link #12
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The Devil's Notebook = plot-device.

Assuming iShield goes longer than Sena's freshman year, either they'll introduce a bunch of new characters or Hiruma will threaten the Principal into removing the 3rd year no activities rule. It'd be kinda cheap though.

Eyeshield 21 has awesome uniform designs though. Especially Kyoshin, Bando and Shinryuji.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 21:48   Link #13
striderm
Adusa #1

The anime bothers me to no end, screwing up Bando and Seibu's uniforms. Glad they actually kept Shinryuuji's the same.
Old 2006-05-16, 03:07   Link #14
Dural
Me > You

I was reading the scanlations for awhile but I'm gonna pick up the releases instead. The only edit I'm aware of is in the language which isn't a bother for me...too much.
Dural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 08:07   Link #15
everlasting

yea go eyeshield 21 it's one of my favorite anime.
everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 20:17   Link #16
striderm
Adusa #1

The anime should really stop putting out such bad filler, and really needs to get some better animation.
Old 2007-02-11, 10:25   Link #17
Uh_huh

Eyeshield 21 discussion

I did a search for this and I found no relevant threads pertaining to this manga, sorry if there has already been one made.

Eyeshield 21 synopsis:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The plot of Eyeshield 21 revolves around a physically unassuming and non-assertive boy named Sena Kobayakawa (小早川瀬那, Kobayakawa Sena?) who enters the high school of his choice, Deimon Private Senior High School (泥門高等学校, Deimon Kōtōgakkō?), where his childhood friend Mamori Anezaki (姉崎まもり, Anezaki Mamori?), one year older than Sena, already attends. His only remarkable physical abilities are his running speed and dodging techniques, which catches the eye of the high school's American football team captain Yōichi Hiruma (蛭魔 妖一, Hiruma Yōichi?). Sena was then forced into playing as the team's running back by Yōichi.

To protect his identity (on the basis that other teams will try to lure Sena to their school teams) Sena is forced to assume the role of team secretary, and enter the field with a helmet featuring a green-tinted eyeshield to hide his features. The anime revolves around the adventures and misadventures of the football team as they acquire other characters and compete in local tournaments leading up to the "Christmas Bowl", the high school football championship.
This is one of the best sports mangas IMO and is probably only second to Slam Dunk (due to some of its "special effects"). I highly recommend picking this up if you have the time, you won't regret it.

Spoiler:
Uh_huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 14:51   Link #18
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

eyeshield 21 is similar to slam dunk, almost too similar(plot progress mostly not characters), in the way that all the harem and magical girl manga's resemble each other. That having been said I still read it and enjoy it because it has it's own angles and ways of looking at things. I don't think there was anyone like Hiruma in Slam dunk.
Old 2007-02-13, 10:10   Link #19
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
actually i don't like amefuto
but when i read eyeshield21 i like this manga very much even the manga is about amefuto
right now i'm download the scanlation per volume but i'm stuck in volume 24 so anyone of you can help me???

Spoiler:
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 16:01   Link #20
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

Well isn't that the thing about a good sports manga? If it is well written you can love the book even though you hate the sport a friend of mine hates b-ball but slam dunk is his favorite manga ever.