AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-02-18, 00:40   Link #141
whitecloud

Ghost in the shell online in 2014....seems interesting, but Hacking FPS? So it means we can hack into other?Haha nice concept...

Imagine playing something like this with oculus VR wouldn't it be great...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 17:07   Link #142
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
japan fps ? and hacking other players?

already more interesting than all call of stupid games and battlefield whenever it's called
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 10:14   Link #143
Eragon
Still Alive

The hair.............why? just why? I don't care about the rest of her body(okay, maybe I do, a little) but that hair style and color is just ugh! *sigh*
Old 2013-02-21, 10:42   Link #144
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Prequel eh?

Sucks, I like watching stuff in story order -_-. Oh well, SAC is still pretty good.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 02:00   Link #145
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
Prequel eh?

Sucks, I like watching stuff in story order -_-. Oh well, SAC is still pretty good.
There is no "order" because none of the different GitS stuff are in the same continuity. It's only a "prequel" in the sense that its about a younger set of the same characters. Think of it as Smallville. It's not connected to the other Superman movies at all.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 07:44   Link #146
APNki

First chapter of the 'Ghost in the Shell Arise - Sleepless Eye' manga has been scanlated.

Last edited by APNki; 2013-03-12 at 09:33.
APNki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 20:41   Link #147
xellos2099

The first chapter is pretty sweet, kind of capture the feel of SAC
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 10:59   Link #148
maximilianjenus
[E]

that's good to read, now I can be at peace. it being manga, did it have any sex/nudity ?
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 13:39   Link #149
Haiprbim
Banned

Will this be a movie regarding an Anime Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex that aired from October 1, 2002March 25, 2003 and had 26 episodes?
Thanks.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 19:19   Link #150
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
that's good to read, now I can be at peace. it being manga, did it have any sex/nudity ?
As far as I know from reading it, no.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 11:09   Link #151
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I'm still feeling kind of miffed over Kenji Kamiyama's white lie about upcoming Ghost in the Shell projects. Okay, so there will not be a 3rd Gig. That's fine, but he could have told us about Arise. A hint, at least?

In any case, the trailers of the first chapter of Arise reminded me of Mardock Scramble. Or rather, the re-imagined Motoko Kusanagi is reminiscent of Rune Balot. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who noticed similarities: Ghost in the Shell vs Mardock Scramble.

It'll be interesting to see how Tow Ubukata adds his own spin to already well-established universe.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 15:41   Link #152
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
In any case, the trailers of the first chapter of Arise reminded me of Mardock Scramble.
The more I see of Motoko's new design the more I hate it. Her hair is wrong, her outfit is wrong, her color scheme is painful...Who on earth approved this?
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 15:55   Link #153
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Granted, it's not the same team that made GITSC so awesome, but I'm still excited to see more light shone on how she became who she was. Origin stories are all the rage, for generally good reasons.

Are we assuming this is a prequel to the GITSC version of GITS, or the GITS movies? Or is it just in its own 3rd (or 4th, if you count the manga series) metaverse?

As for her new look, *shrug*, they obviously wanted to make her appear younger for thematic reasons, even if being a cyborg doesn't actually require her to ever have had a younger adult body. I think her looking different is a good thing, as the last thing I want in an origin story is to see the confident woman of GITSC. I'm expecting some youth, growing pains, etc, in this younger Mokoto, which would be jarring if she had the same visual look as her "older" self.

I am, however, a bit confused at the cast. Why would Togusa be there? Well, for that matter, why are most of the other GITSC cast there? :/

But, I'm ecstatic that we'll get to see more of Batou. Batou and Motoko are anime's best couple.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 16:24   Link #154
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
As for her new look, *shrug*, they obviously wanted to make her appear younger for thematic reasons, even if being a cyborg doesn't actually require her to ever have had a younger adult body. I think her looking different is a good thing, as the last thing I want in an origin story is to see the confident woman of GITSC. I'm expecting some youth, growing pains, etc, in this younger Mokoto, which would be jarring if she had the same visual look as her "older" self.
I've followed GITS from manga to movie to SAC, I don't mind different designs. What I mind is this particular design because it is, IMO, horrible. They could've made her look younger and less self-assured etc. without making my eyes bleed with that color scheme.
Old 2013-03-16, 16:31   Link #155
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I've followed GITS from manga to movie to SAC, I don't mind different designs. What I mind is this particular design because it is, IMO, horrible. They could've made her look younger and less self-assured etc. without making my eyes bleed with that color scheme.
Personal taste obviously. I'm not saying I love the design, now, but pretty much anything is better than the leotard she wore in the first season of GITS: SAC, out of homage to the original GITS actually being quite pervy. It was always difficult for me to get some of my less die-hard friends to give the first season a shot (especially the women), when she was always walking around half-naked. Was so nice to see her wear some clothes in the second season.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 16:47   Link #156
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Personal taste obviously. I'm not saying I love the design, now, but pretty much anything is better than the leotard she wore in the first season of GITS: SAC, out of homage to the original GITS actually being quite pervy. It was always difficult for me to get some of my less die-hard friends to give the first season a shot (especially the women), when she was always walking around half-naked. Was so nice to see her wear some clothes in the second season.
Well yes, obviously it's personal taste, but it looks really horrible to me.

As for SAC, I never had a problem with Motoko's leotard in S1. In SAC Motoko could be wearing the sexiest outfits and she still wouldn't come across as particularly fanservicey or trashy to me. She's so disconnected from her body.
Old 2013-03-30, 10:33   Link #157
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Logicoma announced:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

http://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/index?...&ino=BCXA-0739

More credits for the first volume (Ghost Pain):

Director/Storyboard: Masahiko Murata
Animation Director/Sub-Character Design: Tetsuya Nishio
Ending Theme: salyu × salyu - "Jibun ga Inai"

Each volume of the BD/DVD will also come with a short 3DCG anime called "Logicoma Beat" similar to the Tachikoma shorts in GitS:SAC. The shorts will be directed by Eiji Inomoto from Orange, written by Tow Ubukata, and Cornelius will be providing the music.

New teaser:
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 11:48   Link #158
Helius

Judging from the uniforms it looks like Japan has become more militaristic in the future which hearkens back to the militarism days of the early 20th century. If anything I do hope they'll touch on the background info a bit e.g. the political and social aspects in Japan and how those came to be.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 15:25   Link #159
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Two thoughts:
1. I like how they kept the -koma name but gave it a reason. Also, it seems every time a new -Koma gets designed, it got given more straight edges. Still, I don't think that's good design for a tank. Smooth edges are better for deflecting rounds.

2. The new teaser trailer reminded me of the old Black Magic 66. Not the anime, the original manga. If we are lucky they might throw in some manga Appleseed too. Since GitS is the only Shirow franchise that is still alive, we might as well recycle everything else into it.
Old 2013-03-31, 06:12   Link #160
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

That wasnt bad, what i really want is to have a longer trailer with spoken parts.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
re-imagining, science fiction