AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Full Metal Panic

Notices

View Poll Results: Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 7.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 38.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 38.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 7.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-06-29, 12:22   Link #1
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory, Episode 10.

Please note it isn't the end of this cour. Episode 11 and Episode 12 will be broadcasted at a later date.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-06-29 at 13:45.
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 13:34   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv165
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 32
8 animation directors for this episode, which was hardly intense in term of action, so it is safe to say the production collapse happened around episode 6 at the very latest and they couldn't never handle it.
Unfortunately, the aftermath is pretty obvious: it is the worst episode in term of production value, and the storyboard couldn't really make up for it. In fact, I found Kaname's scene and the very last one pretty underwhelming in term of execution and flow.

At the very least, they covered the key parts here. Bonus point for not skipping Tessa's anguish about the sacrifices she went through.
__________________
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 15:09   Link #3
amehmood16
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
8 animation directors for this episode, which was hardly intense in term of action, so it is safe to say the production collapse happened around episode 6 at the very latest and they couldn't never handle it.
Unfortunately, the aftermath is pretty obvious: it is the worst episode in term of production value, and the storyboard couldn't really make up for it. In fact, I found Kaname's scene and the very last one pretty underwhelming in term of execution and flow.

At the very least, they covered the key parts here. Bonus point for not skipping Tessa's anguish about the sacrifices she went through.
Episode 7 looked very good though although I read somewhere that it was mostly Production IG staff doing that episode so it doesn't really count as Xebec. I'm hoping the production team has moved all the best people to the finale special and that's why the quality has suffered the last few episodes. It makes sense because after an episode like this you wouldn't normally expect the studio to announce a big special so soon. This episode didn't even have any notable staff or ADs on it at all.
amehmood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 15:39   Link #4
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
I was so stoked for this new season when I heard they where making it happen. Now I really wish they hadn't bothered. The numerous recaps (only 10 eps in) and shockingly bad animation/production quality has made it a disappointing watch so far...
__________________

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 15:48   Link #5
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv165
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by amehmood16 View Post
Episode 7 looked very good though although I read somewhere that it was mostly Production IG staff doing that episode so it doesn't really count as Xebec. I'm hoping the production team has moved all the best people to the finale special and that's why the quality has suffered the last few episodes. It makes sense because after an episode like this you wouldn't normally expect the studio to announce a big special so soon. This episode didn't even have any notable staff or ADs on it at all.
The thing is that those "specials" are actually episode 11 and episode 12 that were supposed to air like the other episodes. They had to announce them as "specials" because they don't have any regular TV slot for them, so they needed slots that weren't taken by some regular shows or ongoing series too.

It has to be said they could have kept them for the BD, but they didn't. So they definitely tried their best to do some damage control, which is commendable considering TV channels are pretty strict when it comes to slots (hence why you very rarely see postposed episodes without any recap taking its place in anime broadcasting).

Please note that considering how the quality has deteriorated over time, I'm afraid it is a schedule issue that took its toll on the whole production process. As such, it is very unlikely they deliberately put their grunts for this episode so they have their "top gun" for the last 2. It could happen, but this would be an unusual instance.
__________________
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 16:18   Link #6
amehmood16
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The thing is that those "specials" are actually episode 11 and episode 12 that were supposed to air like the other episodes. They had to announce them as "specials" because they don't have any regular TV slot for them, so they needed slots that weren't taken by some regular shows or ongoing series too.

It has to be said they could have kept them for the BD, but they didn't. So they definitely tried their best to do some damage control, which is commendable considering TV channels are pretty strict when it comes to slots (hence why you very rarely see postposed episodes without any recap taking its place in anime broadcasting).

Please note that considering how the quality has deteriorated over time, I'm afraid it is a schedule issue that took its toll on the whole production process. As such, it is very unlikely they deliberately put their grunts for this episode so they have their "top gun" for the last 2. It could happen, but this would be an unusual instance.
My rationale for putting their best team on the finale is that considering how the last couple episodes have deteriorated in quality, one could say the production would be too exhausted at this point to even consider finishing the last two episodes in a timely manner. I certainly wouldn't expect them to even get these episodes out given the quality of the most recent one and would expect some kind of hiatus. Recent example is BEATLESS which is postponing its last 4 episodes by 3 months to maintain quality or Marchen Madchen which is postponing its last two episodes till December because they're having big production issues. The team should know that these last two episodes are very important for the sales of the plastic model given the highly-anticipated debut of ARX-8 and that many people might be on the fence about purchasing the BD. If they produce a well-animated finale it can help a lot.
amehmood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 17:54   Link #7
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: JEEEESUS CHRIIIISTOOOOO
Age: 28
Animation aside, this sure was one weird episode. Fanservice, upbeat music, a typical military man insulting his trainees with censorship beeps and Kalinin doing... that.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 19:11   Link #8
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
A N O T H E R break next week? Geez...
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 20:00   Link #9
amehmood16
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
A N O T H E R break next week? Geez...
They have run out of timeslots because of the 2 recaps so they literally cannot air the last two episodes on the usual day. The first available timeslot was 7/18 for AT-X station which isn't too bad all things considered. You're waiting a little over two weeks for 2 episodes rather than 1 episode like it has previously been.
amehmood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 22:33   Link #10
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Not that I've watched a person burn before, but I don't think the flames on a burning person just puffs out like that naturally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amehmood16 View Post
They have run out of timeslots because of the 2 recaps so they literally cannot air the last two episodes on the usual day. The first available timeslot was 7/18 for AT-X station which isn't too bad all things considered. You're waiting a little over two weeks for 2 episodes rather than 1 episode like it has previously been.
50 rupees that there will be at least 2 more breaks before this anime ends...
(Assuming having so much breaks doesn't cause the anime not finish airing like a certain similar anime...)
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 22:48   Link #11
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Ooof...this episode is rather painful to watch. The animated handrawn objects look and move quite clunky. It's to the point where the CG models actually helps the episode to look better.

Aside from budget, I'm really curious what caused this production problems. I don't think Xebec is known to have this kind of issues. Their Fafner mecha series are always excellent and they didn't encounter any notable problems with Keijo!!!!!!! either, right? I don't know about Clockwork Planet but I heard it looks good. So, why are they struggling with this title in particular? I mean, it's about to have three recap episodes for 1-cour show. Wow, that's bad and the quality of this episode is like an additional kick to the balls. I swear the handdrawn characters in Argevollen's worst episode look a lot better than this episode and Arge was a low-budget Xebec mecha show back in 2014.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 00:26   Link #12
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
The last part where Kalinin gutted Gavin with a bullet is intense, just like the novel.
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 05:30   Link #13
Illsteir
ARX-Fake
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pasig-Cainta Borderline
Well, that's a lot of drop in quality. I can't help but laugh at some of the serious scenes due to how off-model some of the characters are. The reveal about Kalinin's betrayal was hit the most. It's supposed to be intense but the bad animation took me out of my immersion.

Discussion about the production woes aside, did you guys catch the Gundam reference this episode?
__________________

Last edited by Illsteir; 2018-06-30 at 05:44.
Illsteir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 11:54   Link #14
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Those who doesn't understand the pace/scenerios from this episode didn't read the original novel I guess, because it's exactly how it went: TDD crew reffirms their target is to capture Leo (though they doesn't know Amalgam's structure changed already), Chidori regains her will to live as she found out Sousuke is still out there for her, and Sousuke starts his rehab for the future. The title basically says it all: they're all moving forward for the future. (The colonel was a character from a short story who kept annoying Tessa with other old guys, and yes he's as badmouth as Mao)
The extra shot from the warehouse already proved the ARX-8 Kalinin carried away is a fake.
We gotta wait for another two weeks for the last two episodes and (if any) announcement of sequels, though I guess it won't happen soon.

And, I'm feeling sick at people who cry out bad animations EVERY F-ING EPISODE or comparing the quality with KyoAni. The models grow even more off than the past episodes yes, but I'm not complaining that much since they doesn't totally off and the writings are still on-spot. Gatoh also mentioned the lack of budget so we should have prepared for that.
And let's not talk about how the Japanese anime industry walking towards a total collapse for overworking; it's a time when bigger titles like GGO and FELE also suffer from delays and others.
__________________
Obviously ,hope is the first step to the road of disappointment.
But no fear, people can only overcome disappointment when one still has hope in the mind.
So keep on fighting UNTIL THE GOAL IS REACHED!!
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 14:49   Link #15
amehmood16
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Those who doesn't understand the pace/scenerios from this episode didn't read the original novel I guess, because it's exactly how it went: TDD crew reffirms their target is to capture Leo (though they doesn't know Amalgam's structure changed already), Chidori regains her will to live as she found out Sousuke is still out there for her, and Sousuke starts his rehab for the future. The title basically says it all: they're all moving forward for the future. (The colonel was a character from a short story who kept annoying Tessa with other old guys, and yes he's as badmouth as Mao)
The extra shot from the warehouse already proved the ARX-8 Kalinin carried away is a fake.
We gotta wait for another two weeks for the last two episodes and (if any) announcement of sequels, though I guess it won't happen soon.

And, I'm feeling sick at people who cry out bad animations EVERY F-ING EPISODE or comparing the quality with KyoAni. The models grow even more off than the past episodes yes, but I'm not complaining that much since they doesn't totally off and the writings are still on-spot. Gatoh also mentioned the lack of budget so we should have prepared for that.
And let's not talk about how the Japanese anime industry walking towards a total collapse for overworking; it's a time when bigger titles like GGO and FELE also suffer from delays and others.
It's hard not to have high expectations when Kyoto Animation of all studios did the last season. I agree it gets really annoying comparing the quality but this kind of thing happens unfortunately. That being said, TSR wasn't flawless either. IV has plenty of good things going for it that TSR didn't so it's all a mixed bag. Each FMP series has good things and bad things about it. I do hope they at least work on polishing the episodes for the BD release or something. This episode had major issues, even if the writing was on point.
amehmood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 18:27   Link #16
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: JEEEESUS CHRIIIISTOOOOO
Age: 28
Was it just the manga or anime removed a certain scene from the novel?

Spoiler for scene:
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 18:41   Link #17
dasvik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Romania
Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Was it just the manga or anime removed a certain scene from the novel?

Spoiler for scene:
It's in the novel too. I actually wanted to post it at some point regarding a certain debate, but changed my mind.

Anyway, here it is, fan-translated ofc, so phrasing may seem a bit rough here and there:

Spoiler for Kaname and Nami:
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 03:03   Link #18
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvik View Post
It's in the novel too. I actually wanted to post it at some point regarding a certain debate, but changed my mind.

Anyway, here it is, fan-translated ofc, so phrasing may seem a bit rough here and there:

Spoiler for Kaname and Nami:
I thought this part will be used as the basis of the compilation between 8 and 9, but I didn't manage watch that so I don't know if they made it so.
This subplot may have been cut by Gatoh for the sake of simplicity, but to me it's kinda important regarding to something Leonard said to Sousuke later on.
__________________
Obviously ,hope is the first step to the road of disappointment.
But no fear, people can only overcome disappointment when one still has hope in the mind.
So keep on fighting UNTIL THE GOAL IS REACHED!!
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 05:06   Link #19
dasvik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Romania
Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
I thought this part will be used as the basis of the compilation between 8 and 9, but I didn't manage watch that so I don't know if they made it so.
This subplot may have been cut by Gatoh for the sake of simplicity, but to me it's kinda important regarding to something Leonard said to Sousuke later on.
They didn't animate it in the compilation either. I guess it could be for the sake of simplicity or because it would just confuse the viewers who didn't read the novels. It's not exactly simple to explain whispered-stuff via images.
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 17:48   Link #20
Ghostfriendly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
The alligator was a bit much, I don't even want an alternate universe where our boy is alligator chow. And didn't he need to survive by staring it down, or there wasn't enough time for that? The guy on fire instantly going out was a bit odd too. Nice to see the pressure Tessa is under, but I would have appreciated the conversation discussed in the previous posts more than Kaname's midnight swim. Hope next week is a bit more exciting.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.