AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2011-04-12, 18:18   Link #1141
NyaKyun

Sorry for the mega necro, I just got the game late since a friend told me I would find out more about Ryou's relationship with this character Kippei not seen in the anime. But I was wondering does Ryou's route give any CG's or like unlockables? Because if it's just there to understand her character and Kippei's story I'd rather just skip it (since her personality is so cliche and overused in anime :/) I read through and it says she wasn't required for a light orb, but I'm more interested in missing CG's if I skip.

Mentioning Ryou, a guide on GameFAQ's states you can do the storage room curse with her (the guide implies it's obligated) Is this true?

Anymore more thorough guides on the bonuses, CG's, etc.? (Like the laser tag; the guides are very vague on this. Maybe spoilers?) I don't want to go through a part, only to realize I have to go through it again for one simple choice. Being an extreme completionist when it comes to games, I go crazy if I'm missing even that one unlockable even if it's a boring picture of Sunohara reading manga.

I was reading through the pages so and one person mentioned the "Skip through already read dialogue" option. My options menu is still in Japanese, and for the most part I have it solved out except for that skip text button. If one could point it out where it is for me I would very much appreciate it.

Finally for endings, I hear about the bad and true endings. When I read iamdragon's guide s/he mentions a good ending. So are there three endings then to the Clannad visual novel?

BTW this is my first Visual Novel, so bear with me if my questions are very trifling at best...

Last edited by NyaKyun; 2011-04-12 at 19:52.
NyaKyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 21:47   Link #1142
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Spoiler for Ryou's Route:
Spoiler for Kappei's Route:
Skipping already seen dialogue is a button on the window where the text appears (it's the double forward). You just hit it and it'll stop when you click or when you get to a choice or when you get to dialogue the game thinks you haven't seen yet.

Spoiler for Endings:
Hope that helps with some of your questions.
Old 2011-04-12, 23:10   Link #1143
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Hi NyaKyun, no need to apologise for questions, and this isn't really a necro (these threads have been silent for months before, but people still talk happily).

Expanding on what spawnofthejudge said, Ryou's "route" and Kappei's route are completely separate stories. I see Ryou's route as an offshoot of Kyou's route -- most events are very similar, but you don't get a light orb for Ryou. I know that all the CGs from Ryou's route are available from Kyou's route, but I'm not sure if there are any new "variants" from Ryou (i.e. different facial expressions/clothes for the same CG).
Spoiler for Ryou-Kyou details:

Kappei has his own route with his own light orb and CGs.

As for endings, each character has their own unique "Good End", except these: Fuko has two good ends, Ryou and Kappei share a good end, (you could argue that Ryou has another good end branching from Kyou's route), and the Sunohara siblings share another good end. The generic Bad End is where Tomoya ends up lonely and bitter (the fastest way to get this is to be mean to everyone). There is also a yaoi end with Sunohara somewhere. The "True End" is the one you saw in the anime.

The storage room curse is for (non-compulsory) fun, available for many characters (but not Ryou).

The most comprehensive guide I've seen is http://soukyuu.emevas.net/CLANNAD_guide.html. It has most of the easter-eggs/extras, including storage room curses, but not the laser-tag/baseball route. This post has the baseball walkthrough.

You can fast-forward by clicking on the double-arrow on the bottom-right of your screen like spawnofthejudge mentioned, or you can use the button that's 2 slots above "Save". If you want English menus, they're available from this post.
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 21:45   Link #1144
NyaKyun

Thanks so much for both of your replies, and Polarem, I figured about that spoiler since I've seen the Another Chapter: Kyou OVA. Doing anything with Ryou seems like it ends badly, even in anime xD.

The only thing I really don't want spoiled is Kappei's story (thank God wiki was so vague on his plot when I read it after I watched all the anime, the only thing about him on there I saw was Ryou... who is boring). Everyone tells me I gotta see Kappei's story in order to feel their disappointment in the omission of his character in the anime :P.

Watching the movie atm, it's different from the anime, but I know its trying to get the seriousness across more than all the fluff in the story (i.e. Tomoyo and Kyou fan-service) but I have a feeling it'll make me cry...again.

I'm a little curious, no details, but are there CG's for every character? I have some favorite side characters (OMG YUKINE!!! xDDD) and I've noticed my friends who've played visual novels for CG's but are only to be disappointed when they discover there are no CG's for their favorite character, I don't want to be disappointed due to the CG's of characters I like not existing :3

I left the menu as it is, I don't want to go through the hassle of installation all over again, but thanks for the location pointer ^.^

Last edited by NyaKyun; 2011-04-13 at 22:04.
NyaKyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 23:24   Link #1145
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I loved Kappei's story I was so mad they left him out and not even a cameo!! What was up with having those random other girls have a bigger part in it (their names excape me...the ones in the band)

There are the most for the main girls for secondary they have a few, i would have to look at my art book to count XD.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 22:19   Link #1146
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyaKyun View Post
The only thing I really don't want spoiled is Kappei's story (thank God wiki was so vague on his plot when I read it after I watched all the anime, the only thing about him on there I saw was Ryou... who is boring). Everyone tells me I gotta see Kappei's story in order to feel their disappointment in the omission of his character in the anime :P.
Your sources are right; reading that route for yourself is an experience not offered by the anime. Kappei even brought out some funny and serious moments in Ryou, so you might be surprised at her yet.

Quote:
Watching the movie atm, it's different from the anime, but I know its trying to get the seriousness across more than all the fluff in the story (i.e. Tomoyo and Kyou fan-service) but I have a feeling it'll make me cry...again.
The movie is a lot darker throughout, and reflects real life a lot more closely, I felt. I couldn't relate to the movie Nagisa though; she came across as a lot more confident, yet a lot clingier, which doesn't make sense to me. Nonetheless, it was a well-executed movie in its own right.

Quote:
I'm a little curious, no details, but are there CG's for every character? I have some favorite side characters (OMG YUKINE!!! xDDD) and I've noticed my friends who've played visual novels for CG's but are only to be disappointed when they discover there are no CG's for their favorite character, I don't want to be disappointed due to the CG's of characters I like not existing :3
There are CGs for every character whose face you see in-game. Yes, that includes Yukine! (No Botan though) Some characters have more CGs than others.

Quote:
I left the menu as it is, I don't want to go through the hassle of installation all over again, but thanks for the location pointer ^.^
There's no installation involved actually -- The graphics patch only involves copying+pasting a number of files into your CLANNAD folder (probably C:\KEY\CLANNAD or C:\KEY\CLANNAD Full Voice). That won't affect your game even if you make a mistake. (The story/core patch is slightly riskier, which is why I've kept them separate)

Last edited by Polarem; 2011-04-14 at 22:36. Reason: Remove spoiler about spoiler
Old 2011-04-14, 22:28   Link #1147
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I loved Kappei's story I was so mad they left him out and not even a cameo!! What was up with having those random other girls have a bigger part in it (their names excape me...the ones in the band)
Rie and Sugisaka, I believe? Yea, the process of anime creation is beyond me. I think I'd rather they leave Kappei out than give him a rushed/half-hearted appearance though... and I think I'd be disappointed it if they cut back on any of the other material to make room for Kappei! Maybe an OVA?
Old 2011-04-15, 19:02   Link #1148
NyaKyun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarem View Post
There are CGs for every character whose face you see in-game. Yes, that includes Yukine! (No Botan though) Some characters have more CGs than others.
I've noticed when I unlocked 14% more of my CG after finishing Tomoyo. there was 2% Misae and then 12% Tomoyo...
Spoiler for Tomoyo Arc Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-16, 23:50   Link #1149
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

The only other character that'd even be anywhere close to fanservice material, both character-wise and looks wise, would probably be Kyou. Nagisa, Fuko, and Kotomi are all too innocent. Tomoyo is a very strong character and likely to take a risk, and while VN Tomoya is a pimp.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 05:55   Link #1150
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

The Clannad VN is the most anti-fanservice work I've seen in the bishoujo genre. Every time you try to make a naughty choice, the game turns it into a comedy
Old 2011-04-17, 21:31   Link #1151
NyaKyun

I did Kappei, didn't bring me to tears, but they did well up and I had goosebumps. It was moving in its own right, it wasn't tragic, but I can relate to why Kappei thinks like that since I know classmates who cannot do a sport anymore due to a medical condition. It opened my eyes a bit and I was surprised with Ryou's sudden pervertedness...
Old 2011-05-04, 03:29   Link #1152
commando

I recently discovered this website, and I looked up Clannad on it:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Clannad

then I saw this
Spoiler:

wait whaat? I don't remember this scene, I watched all the anime episodes and finished Tomoyo's route in the novel, did I miss it? can someone point me to this scene? thanks
commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 03:52   Link #1153
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Yeah, it did happen.

It's subtle though, you wouldn't know it if you weren't looking for it. Don't know where it is actually, but it did happen. Can't remember exactly where in the VN.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 10:35   Link #1154
commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Yeah, it did happen.

It's subtle though, you wouldn't know it if you weren't looking for it. Don't know where it is actually, but it did happen. Can't remember exactly where in the VN.
I guess I can go replay the route, is it in one of the bad ends?

edit: found it, in the good end, it's on April 29, toward the end of the day.

Last edited by commando; 2011-05-06 at 02:18.
Old 2011-05-05, 02:57   Link #1155
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Uhh, not sure, I had it happen to me but I completed with good end...
Old 2011-05-07, 20:39   Link #1156
NyaKyun

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando View Post
I guess I can go replay the route, is it in one of the bad ends?

edit: found it, in the good end, it's on April 29, toward the end of the day.
Every time I hit the 28th I skip the 29th...right to the 30th...what am I doing wrong? :/
Old 2011-05-08, 02:56   Link #1157
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Nothing. It does that. Just roll with it. XD
Old 2011-06-19, 19:54   Link #1158
commando

encountered this while playing the visual novel, can someone please translate? thanks! (might be out of order)

possible spoilers
Spoiler:

Last edited by commando; 2011-06-19 at 23:07.
Old 2011-06-20, 08:44   Link #1159
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando View Post
encountered this while playing the visual novel, can someone please translate? thanks! (might be out of order)

possible spoilers
Spoiler:
This one's easy for me!

Spoiler for translation:
Old 2011-06-20, 23:30   Link #1160
commando

sry 2 more, lol

Spoiler: