AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-17, 07:52   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Danganronpa 1-2 Reloaded / Trigger Happy Havoc [PSV] - Remake/Port Game Discussion

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 13:21   Link #2
marvelB

^Poor Monomi. Even outside the game she still gets treated like crap.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 08:14   Link #3
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Poor Monomi. Even outside the game she still gets treated like crap.....
i am guessing you dont get the point....

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 15:59   Link #4
marvelB

^You mean PS Vitas? I get that, but there still hasn't been any concrete news on a Vita Dangan game yet, as far as I know.

Anyways, the next trial update came out. And it once again proves just how awesome a character Nidai is.
Old 2013-06-19, 11:21   Link #5
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201306/20035241.html

Seen that? Vita port
Old 2013-06-19, 15:04   Link #6
marvelB

^You mean the port that we were talking about for the last few posts prior to yours?

Anyway, school mode sounds interesting, but what I'm REALLY hoping for is an extra mode that has the casts of BOTH games interacting with each other. Now, THAT would be awesome. Imagine seeing both the slim and fat Togami hanging out with each other. Or an epic wrestling match between Sakura and Nidai. Maybe Leon and Mioda can start a rock band together or something. Meanwhile, both Naegi and Hinata would listen to one of Komaeda's spiels about hope/despair and will both nod as they silently agree with each other: This dude is creepy as f***.

Ah, but enough of my little fanfic rambling. Anyway, while a Vita port of the first 2 games is nice, I'm still more interested in news of a new game altogether.....
Old 2013-06-19, 18:13   Link #7
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

If it's vita, I wonder if it's going to have touch screen that'll make the school trial much easier..

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 19:44   Link #8
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
^You mean the port that we were talking about for the last few posts prior to yours?
This is confirmation
Old 2013-07-14, 16:47   Link #9
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
As far as I know, Zetsubou is working on SDR2 now that they've translated Dangan Ronpa.

Honestly, I'm not sure we'll be seeing a patch for SDR2 now that NISA has picked up localization rights for the series. At least the first game's patch was already released about a month before we got the announcement, but I doubt things will go as smoothly for any translation groups from now on. I'd once again point towards the LP thread that's translating the sequel's plot, but I know most folks would rather play the game for themselves. Either way, it's gonna be a good while before we see a fully translated SDR2, official or not.....
Old 2013-07-14, 16:52   Link #10
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Honestly, I'm not sure we'll be seeing a patch for SDR2 now that NISA has picked up localization rights for the series. At least the first game's patch was already released about a month before we got the announcement, but I doubt things will go as smoothly for any translation groups from now on. I'd once again point towards the LP thread that's translating the sequel's plot, but I know most folks would rather play the game for themselves. Either way, it's gonna be a good while before we see a fully translated SDR2, official or not.....
and dual audio or not
sdr2 in psp, vita, or both? If vita... I cant -_-
Old 2013-07-14, 16:58   Link #11
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
I just took a look at their blog and they aren't being clear as to whether or not they plan to do it. The impression I'm getting is that they'll be performing a "wait and see" to verify whether or not NISA will actually translate SDR2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
and dual audio or not
sdr2 in psp, vita, or both? If vita... I cant -_-
It seems like the big problem with Dangan Ronpa right now is that the remakes are slated for Vita.

It does seem like it'll be a couple years before English-speaking players can actually play SDR2 though, from what I'm gathering.
Old 2013-07-15, 15:15   Link #12
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

The official release of the game will sell terribly, not only because many have already played it but also because it's on a handheld that nobody owns.
If they hadn't removed SDR2 in order to possibly sell it later (which will not happen since the first game will not sell) it might actually be worth buying, but no.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 15:24   Link #13
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
The official release of the game will sell terribly, not only because many have already played it but also because it's on a handheld that nobody owns.
If they hadn't removed SDR2 in order to possibly sell it later (which will not happen since the first game will not sell) it might actually be worth buying, but no.
better than handheld have easy to copy it's game and have PC emulator
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 20:50   Link #14
marvelB

Quote:

But the Vita port is supposed to have exclusive features, no (like the school mode and newly written social link scenes, for example)? And not to mention that the translation is going to be a different one altogether from the Oren/Zetsubou versions, so it's not like it'll be the exact same experience reading through the plot. Frankly, I think it's a bit too hasty to come to such a conclusion like poor sales even if there already is an existing patch.....

And speaking of the Oren translation, in case anyone is interested, his LP for the original game has now been archived! I believe that we can now view the LP at our leisure without having to worry about those darned pesky paywalls.
Old 2013-07-15, 21:20   Link #15
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
But the Vita port is supposed to have exclusive features, no (like the school mode and newly written social link scenes, for example)? And not to mention that the translation is going to be a different one altogether from the Oren/Zetsubou versions, so it's not like it'll be the exact same experience reading through the plot. Frankly, I think it's a bit too hasty to come to such a conclusion like poor sales even if there already is an existing patch.....
My understanding is that it's not just a port, but a remake. As to the extent of that remake, I have no idea. It seems clear that we'll be seeing a slightly improved version of Dangan Ronpa at the very least.

The issue with assuming that it will flop, is that it's not guaranteed that it even will. Danga Ronpa has been getting a pretty big audience for the anime from what I can gauge, and there seems to be a clear opinion that the anime is doing a terrible job of adapting it. Even if the adaptation wasn't poor people would still flock to the source material. In this case the adaptation is poor, and droves of Dangan Ronpa players are running around emphasizing just how poor it is and how great the game is and that everyone should play it instead. I wouldn't be surprised if the original Dangan Ronpa was a hot item right now. That's pretty normal stuff as far as consumers go.

The Japanese version of the remakes are supposed to hit this year. I believe within the vicinity of the anime ending? That works in their favor rather nicely. I don't know much about Japanese markets and their consumers, so I can't really wager on whether or not it would sell well. I would assume it would see decent sales.

As for whether it well sell in the U.S., that's a harder question to answer. The U.S. wont see a translated copy of Dangan Ronpa this year, and by that time the anime will have ended a whole season prior at the least. By that time they'll have lost buzz generated by the anime (kudos to them for doing such a hideous job of marketing, by the way) and since they wont really have much capability of advertising it I suspect sales will largely hinge on word of mouth.

No matter what they do though, it's not a game that would appeal to a large Western audience. Most gamers wouldn't play what is essentially a novel. If they could get it on the front page of the PS Store on release, however, and get all of those people praising and adoring the game for being such an amazing thing alongside it... It would maybe sell just well enough? The chances of that happening are slim though, in my mind.
Old 2013-07-16, 01:16   Link #16
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
My understanding is that it's not just a port, but a remake. As to the extent of that remake, I have no idea. It seems clear that we'll be seeing a slightly improved version of Dangan Ronpa at the very least.

The issue with assuming that it will flop, is that it's not guaranteed that it even will. Danga Ronpa has been getting a pretty big audience for the anime from what I can gauge, and there seems to be a clear opinion that the anime is doing a terrible job of adapting it. Even if the adaptation wasn't poor people would still flock to the source material. In this case the adaptation is poor, and droves of Dangan Ronpa players are running around emphasizing just how poor it is and how great the game is and that everyone should play it instead. I wouldn't be surprised if the original Dangan Ronpa was a hot item right now. That's pretty normal stuff as far as consumers go.

The Japanese version of the remakes are supposed to hit this year. I believe within the vicinity of the anime ending? That works in their favor rather nicely. I don't know much about Japanese markets and their consumers, so I can't really wager on whether or not it would sell well. I would assume it would see decent sales.

As for whether it well sell in the U.S., that's a harder question to answer. The U.S. wont see a translated copy of Dangan Ronpa this year, and by that time the anime will have ended a whole season prior at the least. By that time they'll have lost buzz generated by the anime (kudos to them for doing such a hideous job of marketing, by the way) and since they wont really have much capability of advertising it I suspect sales will largely hinge on word of mouth.

No matter what they do though, it's not a game that would appeal to a large Western audience. Most gamers wouldn't play what is essentially a novel. If they could get it on the front page of the PS Store on release, however, and get all of those people praising and adoring the game for being such an amazing thing alongside it... It would maybe sell just well enough? The chances of that happening are slim though, in my mind.
Remake makes little sense...
Though if its really as you said and its a remake then there is a probability of it being dangan ronpa 1.2.

Note 1.2 is not an updated version but both games combined to one with the addition of a school life mode.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 02:27   Link #17
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
But the Vita port is supposed to have exclusive features, no (like the school mode and newly written social link scenes, for example)?
Well, I'm certainly not dropping two hundred bucks on a Vita just so I can finally do all the SLinks. I'm certainly not the only one that thinks this way.
Again, if SDR2 were included the way it was in the JP release, it might actually be worthwhile, but I can see their reasons for removing it all the same.
I hope NISA decides to actually market it...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 03:56   Link #18
Blvck

I just finished the game yesterday and it was overall a great experience, I liked the 2nd & last cases the most.

Anyway, I still have a couple interrogations :

Spoiler for Interrogations:
Blvck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 05:22   Link #19
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Well, I'm certainly not dropping two hundred bucks on a Vita just so I can finally do all the SLinks. I'm certainly not the only one that thinks this way.
Again, if SDR2 were included the way it was in the JP release, it might actually be worthwhile, but I can see their reasons for removing it all the same.
I hope NISA decides to actually market it...
If in the future vita price and the game are way lesser or there is even a CFW like in psp, i would buy it -_-
right now is like impossible for me to buy expensive hanhed with expensive game and not many of the game is interesting for me...
only a son of high-class family or you've work with quite high salary can buy vita in my country.
Because perception of 5$ in developed europe / america is VERY different from my country...
for example if you can buy 1 snack with 5$, for us its veeery expensive because we actually can buy 10 snacks with 5$ here
ah.. Sorry for my rant...

i can just hoping fan-transaltion group wont cancel their project
Old 2013-07-16, 10:23   Link #20
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So... hasn't it occurred to anyone that the fan translation might be part of the reason why it's being localized now?

Also, just because NISA is gonna localize the first game, how does that spell trouble for fan translations of the second?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote