AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-30, 23:58   Link #201
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I fanboyed like crazy when I saw the appollo 13 reference ! (lets just hope something similar doesn't happen to Hibito's mission)

Though I wouldn't bet on it I do think Mutta might not make it right away,this is slated for 4 cours so it's not like they have have to rush things,they could make him fail at first.

It was nice to finaly see more of adult Hibito and how he interacts with his brother.
Old 2012-05-06, 07:07   Link #202
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Heh so Mutta has an ally in the approval committee in episode 6. So even in their youth someone has already seen the youthful spirit and drive the brothers show, and even then had the belief that these two were the type of people who were practically destined to become astronauts. More than that he also saw the older brother mentality that Mutta possesses and how he still maintains that belief even into adulthood.

He may be biased towards Mutta to some extent, but it's because he's seen him as a kid and saw in him the potential to wear a spacesuit. As his former coworkers say, their boss is an insufferable asshole, so it was great of the committee guy to investigate Mutta's reasons for dismissal and learn the truth.

What I think really shines through in this show so far is that, to some extent, the only one who doesn't possess the required confidence that Mutta will succeed is Mutta himself. His family, his former coworkers and even that approval guy have more faith in his capacity than Mutta does in himself. In my age I find this a rather ironic truth, that oftentimes the individual believes less in himself compared to the way others believe in them, when it really should be the other way around.

All this time his brother, his family and even that committee guy have been waiting for the chance to give him the push and support needed to achieve his dream. I think it's time for Mutta to realize this.

Believe in them who believe in you, as Kamina would say.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 08:21   Link #203
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I thought the sequence around 20:53 where the JAXA guy is illuminated walking in one direction surrounded by a shadowy crowd walking in the other symboiized much of what this show is about. Both he and Mutta are nonconformists, both heading in their own directions against the crowd.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 11:27   Link #204
ookamigirl

Hibito sure was rubbing it in Mutta's face.
Well, he was probably doing it to make Mutta try even harder.
His old boss sure is making his life difficult even now.
He's lucky Hoshika was persistent in finding out the truth.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 12:40   Link #205
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I thought the sequence around 20:53 where the JAXA guy is illuminated walking in one direction surrounded by a shadowy crowd walking in the other symboiized much of what this show is about. Both he and Mutta are nonconformists, both heading in their own directions against the crowd.
Heh, definitely noticed that too.

Mutta's greatest weakness - his obsessive personality - is also his greatest strength. It was this obsession with detail that made Mutta a great car designer. And in life and death situations like space travel, there’s a place for people for whom no detail is unimportant – where a single loose screw could mean the demise of everyone in the crew, don’t you want someone in the crew who never misses one?
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 19:56   Link #206
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

The series has kind of slowed down over the past 2-3 episodes, I really hope it picks up again, because the first 3 eps were enrapturing.
Old 2012-05-12, 22:29   Link #207
leokiko

Damn! This was one epic episode, specially the end, which really took me by surprise. I guess now Mu-chan is in the same situation as Hibito, in a closed space with low visibility. I guess the reason the culprit ordered expensive meat was because he wouldn't have to pay anyway. And next episode, blindfolded trump?

It's one hell of a talent Mu-chan has.

Last edited by leokiko; 2012-05-12 at 23:04.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 00:47   Link #208
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep7:
Old 2012-05-13, 03:52   Link #209
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

meh..once again I'm not too impressed by the most recent episode.

It was really predictable and once again, incredibly slow-paced and boring. Ever since the series went to Houston it's gotten really boring, I'm hoping things pickup soon when he goes back to Japan, or I might drop the series :/
Old 2012-05-13, 04:30   Link #210
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
SRanger: The series is taking its own pace to develop things. Don't expect the brisk pace of twelve-episode series for this one.
Old 2012-05-13, 04:56   Link #211
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
no Mutta!! please don't die!! i hope he survives that fire extinguisher attack
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 07:52   Link #212
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Man I love this anime, it's one of the few that can just let me sit and watch without feeling bored.

A nice flashback to begin episode 7. Rollin' Mutta eh? I wish I could watch TV, listen to the radio and read the newspaper all at the same time, it would make my college assignments a whole lot easier

And a robber using a fire extinguisher? Only in anime Oh, and that fast forwarding thing would be a nice thing to have in real life as well

This anime does pretty well to give interesting facts. I never knew the dust on the moon was sharp

Poor Mutta, this just wasn't his episode. I sure do hope this doesn't effect what happens to him and all the work he has done.
Old 2012-05-13, 10:02   Link #213
Kirarakim

I laughed at the news caster decked out in cowboy gear. Then again I've never been to Texas (except the airport) so maybe that is accurate

Another great episode, just loving the slow pace of this series which is really great for building up the characters.

Edit: Also we're they eating in a diner? One hundred even for steak seems a bit steep.
Old 2012-05-13, 10:29   Link #214
Utsuro no Hako

A diner that serves whiskey? Well, it is Texas.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 10:59   Link #215
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The whole episode is just littered with ridiculous stuff like that diner scene and the newscaster who cannot pronounce "Massachusetts". Then there's the representation of Jennifer, who continues a tradition of what can only be called racist depictions of African Americans in anime. She reminds me of the black characters in Baccano!. Other than Dutch in Black Lagoon, it seems that Japanese artists draw American blacks in a manner akin to characters like Sambo and Aunt Jemima. It's disgusting and offensive.

I also found the anachronisms really hard to take. The radio looks to be from the 1970's not 2025, and no one transmits on 2.4 GHz. That's the band used for cordless telephones and wifi. At least Hibito is now driving a car. Why didn't he just pick Mutta up at the airport? I, too, want this story to return to Japan so we can put these annoying representations of America behind us.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 11:09   Link #216
Kirarakim

Strangely enough I don't mind when we see America in anime. It always interests me how Japan sees us.

Although I guess I am a hypocrite because I hate how US shows often depict foreign countries.
Old 2012-05-13, 11:52   Link #217
Utsuro no Hako

If anyone should be complaining about how they're portrayed in anime, it's the Italians. Between Hetalia and Gunslinger Girl you'd think it's a failed state run by incompetent boobs.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 12:26   Link #218
Dop
Mmmm....

Not being able to pronounce Massachusetts was cuter when Becky did it in Pani Poni Dash...
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 12:27   Link #219
ookamigirl

Mutta was hanging out with his brother at the space center.
He was uneasy and bothered by his former boss badmouthing him to JAXA.
Hoshika had problems convincing Tanuma not to drop Mutta from the program.
The fire extinguisher man just had to come to rob that restaurant, wonder how that will affect Mutta's future.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 13:19   Link #220
SagaraSouske

Mutta gonna impress the JAXA judges on TV by resolving the situation and the fire extinguisher robber is good luck in disguise for him.

Tags
science fiction, seinen