AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-02, 12:26   Link #1481
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Made the switch over to Tonberry and starting to regret my decision.

Plenty of low quality players without problem solving skills; even the simplest Haukke Manor requires 3 tries on final boss to make it. Couldn't even get my heals up to speed even with PoM and Surecast while the bloody DPS just tries to finish off the boss before the adds kill everyone else, starting from me as the healer.

Maybe I am too used to the environment of Masa where the JP/EN speakers bridge the gaps immediately after the first wipe.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 18:27   Link #1482
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

That's strange. All of my entire life in Tonberry I haven't met any newbie that's struggling at Haukke. Actually, it has come to the point that there isn't much newbie at Tonberry anymore. For the past 2 weeks I don't recall seeing anyone that hasn't have at least 1 single class at 50.

What is your IGN?
Old 2014-03-02, 18:43   Link #1483
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
That's strange. All of my entire life in Tonberry I haven't met any newbie that's struggling at Haukke. Actually, it has come to the point that there isn't much newbie at Tonberry anymore. For the past 2 weeks I don't recall seeing anyone that hasn't have at least 1 single class at 50.

What is your IGN?
Actually u re lucky, I wiped a few times before on a low level duty roulette in a single haukke run. Rather than newbie, I will consider some players trollish; encountered 2 tanks in 2 separate instance that has even lower hp than anyone of us. Have to make the decision to consistently overheal that as a simple cure heals for more than 50% of his max hp.... Oh and some tanks that do not use any damage mitigating skills.....

Saw a BLM in aurum vale whose rotation is fire3->fire spam->transpose->blizzard3->thunder.... He wasn't happy when I pointed out he can take out the transpose.
Old 2014-03-02, 19:41   Link #1484
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
Saw a BLM in aurum vale whose rotation is fire3->fire spam->transpose->blizzard3->thunder.... He wasn't happy when I pointed out he can take out the transpose.
Correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm not familiar with BLM, but why would you take out Transpose? Blizzard 3 doesn't give you full stack of Umbra Ice if you're still in Astral Fire state.

Also, this is maybe just my biased perspective, but I'm not queuing with E players so that could be why I haven't encountered any trollish/noobish party members.
Old 2014-03-02, 21:38   Link #1485
holybell84

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm not familiar with BLM, but why would you take out Transpose? Blizzard 3 doesn't give you full stack of Umbra Ice if you're still in Astral Fire state.

Also, this is maybe just my biased perspective, but I'm not queuing with E players so that could be why I haven't encountered any trollish/noobish party members.
Blizzard 3 will remove AF3 and give u a full stack of UI3 and vice versa In addition, if u are in AF3, ice spells take half the time to cast and fire spells take half the time to cast in UI3, so it's much more efficient.

lol, I queued with both, but I forgot which ones I ended with for the wipe.
Old 2014-03-02, 23:56   Link #1486
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Made the switch over to Tonberry and starting to regret my decision.

Plenty of low quality players without problem solving skills; even the simplest Haukke Manor requires 3 tries on final boss to make it. Couldn't even get my heals up to speed even with PoM and Surecast while the bloody DPS just tries to finish off the boss before the adds kill everyone else, starting from me as the healer.

Maybe I am too used to the environment of Masa where the JP/EN speakers bridge the gaps immediately after the first wipe.
What is your IGN? I am also at Tonberry now... (Ugh, I sure hope I can train my BLM now since I am stuck at level 31 due to no healers in Tonberry wanting to join low level roulette...)

Tbh, it took me 0 tries to clear the final boss of that, but the adds took out my healer... while I am tanking. (My first time in Haukke.)
Old 2014-03-03, 02:13   Link #1487
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I attempted healing Titan EX today (though I still haven't even downed it on my drg) after I had managed Garuda EX and I just hate Titan EX, it freaking insane fight regardless if I am healing or dpsing it.

Though on our best attempt we did manage to make it past super bomb with me healing .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 02:38   Link #1488
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i beat titan ex 2 days ago and got my elfin bow ^^, that fight isnt that bad if the other members actually know the fight! they scared me a little at the end though, titan was like 5% health and almost everyone misjudge a bomb phase(not the super bomb) so me and 2 others were fighting like crazy lol, thank christ for misery end
Old 2014-03-03, 21:13   Link #1489
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
During Titan extreme, on our free company's first first win run, on the first attempt when we got past the heart and it looked like we were going to win, our main tank got too excited and accidentally walked off the edge (laugh)
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 04:27   Link #1490
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

lol that would suck!
Old 2014-03-08, 12:25   Link #1491
barcode120x
RN

So I played ARR back in like October using their 14 day trial or whatever and ended up stopping. I got to lvl 40 I think as a bard. I logged in at the website because I was interested in coming back, but it says no characters exist. Do they delete trial accounts/characters after a certain period?

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 18:59   Link #1492
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
So I played ARR back in like October using their 14 day trial or whatever and ended up stopping. I got to lvl 40 I think as a bard. I logged in at the website because I was interested in coming back, but it says no characters exist. Do they delete trial accounts/characters after a certain period?
I'm assuming your characters won't be visible unless you buy a subscription, but not sure...
Old 2014-03-08, 21:46   Link #1493
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
I dont think so... They are supposed to keep your character from the 14 day trial too.

Mayybe try buying a month's subscription, like what relentlessflame said.
Old 2014-03-09, 06:46   Link #1494
barcode120x
RN

Mmm, I hope so, I don't wanna start from scratch :x

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 09:18   Link #1495
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

This game is amazing. It's my first MMO too, Might even be my favorite Final Fantasy atm.

Haven't played it recently though, I can't finish one of the main quests because these people who join my party for a dungeon always end up leaving or have made a mistake(?) I think my free 30 days ends soon and I haven't had many shifts lately so I can't pay for an extra month :c

On another note, I have the PS3 version to hold me off until I finish my PC.
I like the UI for consoles. Thought it was going to be weird to play an MMO on a Console. If anyone wants to add me my name is Celestia Yasuhiro, I play on the Gilgamesh server.
Old 2014-03-09, 10:21   Link #1496
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

I have hit my first roadblock. That dragon boss in that level 30is dungeon. His green goo puddles that seems to NEVER GO are a pain in the ass. He is a dick. A DICK.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 11:38   Link #1497
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I have hit my first roadblock. That dragon boss in that level 30is dungeon. His green goo puddles that seems to NEVER GO are a pain in the ass. He is a dick. A DICK.
thats a tank and healer battle there. tank needs to dodge aoes and move the dragon around the walls, moving him so the dragon stays out of poison, dps and healers should stand where they can afford the poison to land since he fires it at random plp
Old 2014-03-09, 11:55   Link #1498
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Ok. Time to hone my modest competences as a tank. Gladiator right here.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 13:46   Link #1499
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:

Unfortunately this is not well-explained in-game, as the only time you can ever see the Astral Fire or Umbral Ice tooltips are when you actually have the buff on you.

Once you hit 40 on THM, you gain access to Astral Fire III and Umbral Ice III. They have the added effect of halving the cast time for spells of the opposite elemental aspect.

Both Fire III and Blizzard III will remove the opposite state and replace it with a full stack of the Astral Fire or Umbral Ice. So once you have both Fire III and Blizzard III, your rotation changes.

As an item level 90 black mage who is currently working on Twintania, my rotation is as follows:

Blizzard III > Thunder > Fire III > Fire casts until MP is ~300 (use any Firestarter Fire IIIs or Thundercloud Thunder IIIs here, as well) > Blizzard III > refresh Thunder if necessary (it will be if you get no Thundercloud procs) > Blizzard (if MP is not full) / Fire III (if MP is full) > repeat from Thunder on

Some black mages prefer to use Thunder II over Thunder in their rotation, but I prefer stopping at ~300 MP instead of ~1000 MP and getting an extra Fire cast in there. This can cause Thunder's DoT to fall off prematurely (especially if you get a lot of Firestarter procs) but I've parsed both rotations and mine actually parses better in most situations. It's important to remember that the Thunder line of spells all have the same exact DoT potency (35) and the higher-ranked spells only have higher front-loaded damage and durations. This is why it's most damage-efficient to always use Thunder unless you get a Thundercloud proc, in which case you should use Thunder III, or you want to DoT up a secondary target while you focus on a different one. For example, in Turn 4's second wave of enemies, I will put Thunder III on the Clockwork Soldier I'm not currently fighting and then switch to the one I need to kill first. This can help if you don't have two magical DPS for Turn 4; the Thunder III on its own should be enough to strip the physical-damage-absorbing stoneskin effect.

Transpose is not useless, however. It shifts from your main rotation to your Area-Effect rotation, which is as follows:

High DPS AE rotation:
Blizzard III > Fire III > Fire II until ~1000 MP (try not to go under 266 MP) > Swiftcast Flare > Transpose > Freeze > Freeze > Fire III > repeat from Fire II on

Threat-conscious AE rotation:
Fire II until ~1000 MP > normal-cast Flare > Transpose > Freeze > Freeze > repeat from Fire II on

If Convert is currently off-cooldown then you can actually avoid Transposing after a Flare and keep your DPS up; I do this on burn phases even for single-target DPS, such as Conflagrations on Twintania or the dreadnoughts in Turn 4. Normally you don't want to use Flare in a single-target rotation because it will crater your DPS hard while you try to recover MP, but if you have Convert up, you can get around that.

Convert-is-up "burn cycle":

Blizzard III > Thunder > Fire III > Fire until ~300 MP > Swiftcast Flare > Convert while the GCD cycles > Fire > Blizzard III > switch to normal rotation from Thunder

Transpose is also useful for any time the mob is going to be untargetable for longer than 10 seconds. When I'm about to get conflagged, for example, I'll always try to tap Transpose before I get Fetters if I'm in Astral Fire state. I'll also use Transpose after the end of every fight if I'm still in Astral Fire, as MP does not regenerate at all while in the Astral Fire state.
Old 2014-03-10, 12:01   Link #1500
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Some kind of news out about the next update. Talk about glamore or something that sounds like what we've been waiting for.

Tags
mmorpg