AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-23, 10:55   Link #721
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockeManuel View Post
Maybe is the God's hand... Or Devil's?

Just kidding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_FF
Maybe some explanations for the author's enigmatic comment about 神上[Kamijou] and 神浄[Kamijou].
Well in the novel thread Ken_FF, said that Touma last name have a meaning, so I did a research and asked other user and guess what?
Kamijou = "the state that surpass God"... so if he is beyond God his hand can't be devil.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2009-10-23 at 11:10.
Old 2009-10-23, 11:23   Link #722
sasuke706

Well, his hand can already destroy God's miracles (Magic; luck), so it being able to destroy a god isn't too unimaginable. As for what his hand is, I can't read the novels in their original format, so I won't make too many assumptions.
Old 2009-10-23, 12:31   Link #723
tsunade666

Even if we read the novels the info about IB is still too low. So as I say before his existence is the one that slays the god. Denying or erasing everything around him if he awakens.
Old 2009-10-23, 17:50   Link #724
Rockin'Squat

Hi guys !

I imagine the question had already been asked but I don't have the courage to read the 37 pages !

Were can I found an english translation of the light novels on the Internet?

I 've just discovered To aru Majutsu no Index thanks to the anime version and I wqant to go further in the story !

Thanks !
Old 2009-10-23, 17:55   Link #725
Lummie

^

Here you go: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...jutsu_no_Index

It's currently still in progress but you can read parts of the novel and it's updated from time to time.
Old 2009-10-23, 22:53   Link #726
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

no, no. Touma last name is 上条(Kamijyou) not 神上[Kamijyou](same pronouncation but different Kanji.
Old 2009-10-24, 16:28   Link #727
gundamcustom

Hi, I was wondering is there a thread or site, where I could read a summary of the light novels?
Old 2009-10-24, 17:08   Link #728
Rockin'Squat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
^

Here you go: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...jutsu_no_Index

It's currently still in progress but you can read parts of the novel and it's updated from time to time.
Thanks Lummie ! But unfortunately, the major parts of the novels aren't translated (except the 12th volume).

You guys, how have you managed to read the novels?

Which volumes of the novels does the anime covers? (to know the novels I have to read after watching the anime)!

Tks
Old 2009-10-24, 17:34   Link #729
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Which volumes of the novels does the anime covers? (to know the novels I have to read after watching the anime)!
Anime covers first 6 volumes.
Old 2009-10-24, 17:40   Link #730
LockeManuel

Anime covers volumes 1-6

Volume 5 has three stories, and only two of them have got anime adaptation

Last edited by LockeManuel; 2009-10-24 at 17:44. Reason: I'm bad in english XD
Old 2009-10-24, 18:38   Link #731
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hi, so I've started reading up to midway with volume 7, and I just need to clarify something...

Spoiler:

...Also, in the wiki the synopsis for vol 11 state that "Tōma wins a trip to a distant island in Italy, and brings six people with him."

Out of curiousity, who did he bring ?
Old 2009-10-25, 02:28   Link #732
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

In rea life, Amakusa Church is a Christian church in Japan that has been long oppressed, so they have adopt many disguise, taking form of other religions.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
no, no. Touma last name is 上条(Kamijyou) not 神上[Kamijyou](same pronouncation but different Kanji.
But is 上条当麻 really his name?? Kaori have been suspecting his real name to be 神浄の討魔 instead.

Now, consider Touma's real name, author's comment on volume 14, and then Fianma's comment on the Holy Stone. I am seriosuly thinking that Touma might be a natural born La Persona superiore a Dio......
Old 2009-10-25, 04:43   Link #733
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Ummm, I don't understand what La Persona superiore a Dio mean lol, but I guess if the author himselves has make that comment, that is entirely possible(I mean if the author decide that his family is actually not his real family, who can says it's wrong) lol. On a side note, I still can't understand Fianna and Aqua's intention in the story. They stand on two opposing faction in the England civil war, but after that they search for that nun in Russia(forget her name) together? And Fianna seems to know another person with
Touma's ability too? What an enigma.

On other note, it seems we won't be seeing Touma in science side for a while since Index is still in Fianna's hand. Too bad, I kinda want to see him facing against other Esper.
Old 2009-10-25, 10:55   Link #734
tsunade666

I think the reason that aqua and fianna are fighting in vol 17 and 18 is because of different belief and situation. Fianna has his own reason as for aqua we can say loyalty. Fianna's main reason is index so any shady way to get her is fine.

As for the people who touma bring with him. I also want to find it out because I think mikoto isn't with him that's why his in deep trouble when he came back. Facing biribiri's tsundere mode.

And it will be awesome knowing their is someone like touma but maybe the holy stone is on the opposite side. And also I wouldn't be surprised if the one in question is the pope.
Old 2009-10-25, 15:42   Link #735
Rockin'Squat

Tsunade>> Where have you found the volumes 17 and 18?

Is there another translation exept Baka-Tsuki's (who hasn't translated all the chapters)?
Old 2009-10-25, 16:19   Link #736
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Is there another translation exept Baka-Tsuki's (who hasn't translated all the chapters)?
We wish... there is only one translator in Baka-Tsuki who actually translates stuff (Joay, others translated less then a chapter or only prologues)... that is too few, no matter how you look at it.
Old 2009-10-25, 18:19   Link #737
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Ummm, I don't understand what La Persona superiore a Dio mean lol
The person higher than God.
Old 2009-10-26, 01:59   Link #738
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
On a side note, I still can't understand Fianna and Aqua's intention in the story. They stand on two opposing faction in the England civil war, but after that they search for that nun in Russia(forget her name) together? And Fianna seems to know another person with
Touma's ability too? What an enigma.
Just to clarify, Aqua and Fianma were never on the same side. Aqua has always been fighting for his own justice (more specificly, preventing a war between magic and science side), while Fianma cares nothing outside completing his Holy Right. If anything, Fianma right now has been isolated among the Right Seat of God. Aqua now cosider Fianma the trouble maker, and Vent has left on her own.

And I wouldn't say there is another person who have the same power as Touma, but maybe another pieces of angelic power. Fianma has a clear idea on who they are and what they do; he needs gather them inorder to fully boot up his Holy Right.
Old 2009-10-26, 11:22   Link #739
tsunade666

I read the summaries here. From vol 1 - 18 and waiting patiently for the 19.

shmaster...... please a little summary on what you are talking about.
About aqua and fianma and specially his idea about who own those angelic power????

PLEASE! I'M BEGGING FOR IT!>>>> posting it and leaving half dead here.......

If their are more than one then I can assume theirs for left hand,left feet,right feet and maybe the head and bingo we form EXODIA.
Old 2009-10-26, 17:24   Link #740
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I read the summaries here. From vol 1 - 18 and waiting patiently for the 19.

shmaster...... please a little summary on what you are talking about.
About aqua and fianma and specially his idea about who own those angelic power????

PLEASE! I'M BEGGING FOR IT!>>>> posting it and leaving half dead here.......

If their are more than one then I can assume theirs for left hand,left feet,right feet and maybe the head and bingo we form EXODIA.
What are yout talking about???
The only misterious hand is the Imagine Breaker, The Holy Right is that claw back to Fiamma.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen