Old 2011-02-20, 05:35   Link #981
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
Speculation
Spoiler:
To answer your questions in the first paragraph, I think of it this way. The reason she took notice of the clock ringing was that it rings thrice when it's exactly 3 PM; so, assuming the clock is the same (Clock looks quite old and has been there for a long time) if the murder really does happen at 00:00 like the elder said, the clock will chime twelve times. Twelve times, coupled with how they immediately rushed in, means that they will definitely heard it if it was really 00:00, and no need to check their own watches. Still, all it proves is that the murder didn't happen at exactly 00:00 like the elder said, and prove that there is a time difference, but whose clock was tampered and why? And how does it connects to everything? I haven't figured it out so far...
Old 2011-02-20, 05:53   Link #982
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
To answer your questions in the first paragraph, I think of it this way. The reason she took notice of the clock ringing was that it rings thrice when it's exactly 3 PM; so, assuming the clock is the same (Clock looks quite old and has been there for a long time) if the murder really does happen at 00:00 like the elder said, the clock will chime twelve times. Twelve times, coupled with how they immediately rushed in, means that they will definitely heard it if it was really 00:00, and no need to check their own watches. Still, all it proves is that the murder didn't happen at exactly 00:00 like the elder said, and prove that there is a time difference, but whose clock was tampered and why? And how does it connects to everything? I haven't figured it out so far...
Yes and no. You can hear up to three, maybe four chimes and know how many there are without paying attention. You can't do it with twelve - you'd have to either look or pause and count.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 06:16   Link #983
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yes and no. You can hear up to three, maybe four chimes and know how many there are without paying attention. You can't do it with twelve - you'd have to either look or pause and count.
Well, I think I heard it three times, but I see your point. But my point isn't exactly about the number of chimes. Even though it's already dark, I don't suppose the clock will be turned too be an exact hours late or early. That is, when V asked, "how do you know it's EXACTLY 00:00?" the much simpler and conclusive answer is to mention the chime, if it was really there rather than just looking at your own watch. Also, I think for something that happened years ago, sound of chimes seems to be easier to recall than seeing your own watch.

I don't know if the elder is deliberately lying (he does look pretty suspicious, and he got motive as killing Theodore allows him to be the next elder) or that he's simply mistaken and doesn't realize the lack of chimes, as the dead body must have caused him enough distress already. Therefore, I suspect that the clock must be tampered by less than a hour difference, but I don't know why.
Old 2011-02-20, 09:19   Link #984
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Maybe the last novel ( volume 6) has the answer about their future....

They have 15 years to stay together until WW2...
Well, 15 years is long enough for Kujo or Victorique to make baby.

On serious note, I would prefer a good end for Kujo and Victorique. I wonder what would be Kujo's family reaction if he bring Victorique back to his homeland.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 10:53   Link #985
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

How can 1 so cute sound so bad when they sing?

*remembers Zange*

Oh.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 10:57   Link #986
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Second Sino-Japanese war isn't until 1937
WW2 doesn't start until 1939
France isn't invaded until 1940
Pearl Harbor isn't until Dec 1941
Nukes aren't dropped on Japan until 1945.

That's at least 13 years before anything major break out. Kujo and Victorica seem like the type to get married right after they finish school... turn 18. They are 15-16. Out in 1-2 years. May go to University for a few years. Kujo seems like the type to go to University in Europe since he has a reason to stay. I don't see him pursuing a military career, either.

In 1937 they'll be 28-29
In 1941 they'll be 32-ish
In 1945 (by wars end) 36-ish.

The old mans prediction doesn't mean much. They won't die together... maybe ones dies at 82 and the other at 83. Maybe Kujo pushes her out of the way of a speeding car when they're old and he dies.

At the onset of war, he will be somewhat old. And I don't see him pursuing a military career. It seems like he'll get over whatever his family burden is, before he graduates... as will Victorica. He's the youngest son. There won't be any major wars which will drive him into immediately enlist or join the army until he's almost 30.

Maybe they move to the USA and he gets placed in an internment camp?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 11:04   Link #987
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I'm never the guy with many words .. so freebie since my lurking coat broken anyway..

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 13:09   Link #988
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
One thing that's too bad is that those three guys have been pretty glossed over. Hard to see them more as three odd guys. 2 are down within an episode of being introduced. Last guy is going to need some durability to make it much further .

The prediction certainly doesn't mean that much. Long as the series remains close to reality there won't be much to get in the way of Victorique and Kujo for at least a decade. If nothing changed there might be a pull back due to being from a military background, but plenty of time for him to decide what direction he wants to go.

Impressed this time that Victorique is holding back based on not having enough hard evidence. While her theory is probably right will certainly need more than that to convince that village that they messed up.
Old 2011-02-20, 13:16   Link #989
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If they're to get married at all, though, won't it be long before WW2 hits? They'll be thirty by then.
Quite probably...but the question is, what country would they be living in, and would one or the other of them be imprisoned by the government therof (for example, let's say they settled in America. Welcome to an internment camp, Kazuya.)? There are far too many potential Bad Ends there.

(And in response to klare's question, we automatically believe the old man because obscure prophecies made with no reason to believe them and no central relationship to the plot are always true in fiction; they just are. If a prophecy proves to be false, it's always a prophecy that's central to the plot, where it either proves to be a deliberate attempt to mislead the characters by the villain, or instead the characters choose to Screw Destiny and Defy Fate and all that stuff. But some mumbled doggerel by some random fortune-teller they pass in Episode 7? Always dead-on accurate, regardless if the supernatural is generally "real" in the series or not.)
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 13:42   Link #990
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. The sound of the clock would tell you that it was exactly some hour. You would have a pretty good idea approximately which hour from how long ago the sun set. The various estimates of the time of the murder would probably only be out by minutes, not hours.

2. Yuuki Aoi is no Chihara Minori, but she can sing better than Victorica. For example.

3. Great Ao-chan sig by KiNA.

4. I'd like them to get married, but both families might oppose it, especially in those days. And at this point they are pretty young, just starting high school.

5. One possibility: they get married, have a little blonde wolf-kid, and in 1939, when it is ten, Kujou is back visiting Japan when war in Europe begins and he is cut off from Victorica and the child. It is also perfectly possible that Kujou ends up as a military officer much earlier than that, simply because of his family. Victorica's life in Japan would be interesting.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 14:13   Link #991
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

They should move to Canada and start a family. Anywhere else and it's just bad news.
Old 2011-02-20, 14:18   Link #992
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
They should move to Canada and start a family. Anywhere else and it's just bad news.
Actually wasn't exactly fun times for the Japanese in Canada either. Might be best for them to stay in that country. Since it's made up they can just write up that place as being really tolerant of Japanese citizens .
Old 2011-02-20, 15:17   Link #993
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That country isn't kind to Victorica, though. Heck, they aren't nice to Kujou either, come to that.

Maybe they can try Brazil?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 15:25   Link #994
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've just finished rewatching the first seven eps of this, and the "rewatch value" is quite high, for me. Highly entertaining, especially when you already know the answers and aren't demanding mystery. The animation and the storytelling both work for me. And Yuuki Aoi alone is worth the price of admission. So many nice inspirations, such as the way she paused slightly when she said: "Atashi no...haha da." ("She is my...mother.")
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2011-02-20, 16:25   Link #995
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Second Sino-Japanese war isn't until 1937
WW2 doesn't start until 1939
France isn't invaded until 1940
Pearl Harbor isn't until Dec 1941
Nukes aren't dropped on Japan until 1945.

That's at least 13 years before anything major break out.
The Japanese started meddling in China as early as 1931, and set up the puppet state of Manchukuo in 1932. I don't know whether that would affect Kujo or not.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 00:16   Link #996
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Japanese war with China didn't get "real" until 1937. For Kujo to be forced into a military career would require for both his brothers to die before he gets too old. He seems to have a lot of freedom... his father let him study abroad. It seems like he's not expected to be a soldier. If he does return to Japan, I see him working as a civilian during the war... maybe as an Engineer or intelligence officer due to his knowledge of the West. Do you really see his character getting embroiled in the war as a spy or industrialist while having children with a western woman? It's more likely he tries to escape the war with his girl and his possible children since he would be stuck in the middle. If he settles in Japan, his wife would probably find some things distasteful during the war. If he stays in the Europe or America he faces imprisonment due to his fathers' position. If he works for the allies, he'll be seen as a traitor to his country and would be giving the allies intel that could kill his family.

Kujo seems to already have made friends with an English aristocrat. She may play a role later on in the story. It seems like they'll both make friends that may help them out later in their lives.

Where could they live during the war? Canada or South America. Anywhere else gets kind of hairy.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 00:34   Link #997
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
...Where could they live during the war? Canada or South America. Anywhere else gets kind of hairy.
As someone mentioned before, Japanese nationals in Canada (and Canadian citizens of Japanese ancestry) had their property confiscated and were put in prison camps during WW2. Just as in the US.

I think Kujou and Vickie would make out better in Germany or Italy during the war, depending where they were in relation to invasions in 1944. Situated between Italy and Vichy France, Saubure would probably end up being on the Axis side. Maybe Argentina would work out.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-02-21 at 00:58.
Old 2011-02-21, 01:05   Link #998
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As someone mentioned before, Japanese nationals in Canada (and Canadian citizens of Japanese ancestry) had their property confiscated and were put in prison camps during WW2. Just as in the US. I think they would make out better in Germany or Italy during the war, depending where they were in relation to invasions in 1944. Situated between Italy and Vichy France, Saubure would probably end up being on the Axis side. Maybe Argentina would work out.
Yeah, much as I'd like to prop up Canada we didn't exactly handle that situation well at all. After Pearl Harbor you got internment camps and I don't Kujo would enjoy that situation. Though sadly when you think about it there aren't a ton of great places for them to be during this. Germany got bombed pretty well so I might not recommend that. Italy might not be bad. Nowhere is perfect, but if they stay in the right places....
Old 2011-02-21, 03:06   Link #999
Forsaken_Infinity

Lol are you guys seriously discussing where they should run to when WW2 comes around?

If they do get romantically involved (and I would prefer they remain just friends. Yep.), they should just stay in the gray wolf village, easy. I am 100 % sure they are going to solve the mystery, although it might be so that the villagers never are convinced. Victorique is clearly doing it more to prove it to herself and in her mother's name for the symbolic purpose than anything else. In that case, well, some random village up in the mountains or going to South Asia / South America might be the best option. While India was occupied by the British, the occupation was a joke by then and there was no way they could ever search through the vast lands of India, especially up North into the rural sides, anyway. Also, something like Nepal / Tibet with the Buddhist monasteries up in the Himalayas sounds perfect for their purposes o.0. Canada/US are fine till pearl harbor btw.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 05:22   Link #1000
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
they get married, have a little blonde wolf-kid,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
They should move to Canada and start a family.
Their kid:

But yeah, that's many years away. I doubt that anything specific about their future will be shown. Their present is interesting enough.

Tags
bones, horror, light novel adaptation, school life, shounen