AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-22, 21:35   Link #21
Jocean

For PSX 1 check out these: Elder Gate if you like FF, Brightis and Community Pom (if you like Zelda and Action RPGs) Enjoy

Oh and Vendeselba Senki if you like Skies of Aradia
Old 2006-04-23, 03:16   Link #22
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I think Tales of Symphonia is a pretty good RPG (its a GC game) and well worth the time and money I put into it IMO. I wrote a short critique of the things I like and dislike about the game here:

http://www.allacrost.org/forum/viewt...hp?p=8215#8215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
Yeah the classics... The SNES and the PSX were the golden age of RPGing. They just don't make them like they used to. *sigh*
I totally agree with you. In my spare time for almost the past two years, I've been developing a RPG that resembles the SNES-era. We've still got a ways to go, but its looking better every day so hopefully I can share it with everyone soon. Our website is at http://www.allacrost.org/, but I haven't updated the site in months even though our team is still really active working on the game. Feel free to check it out though.
Old 2006-04-23, 03:32   Link #23
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
Star Ocean 3- dude...if you like Tri-Ace...what are you waiting for? The game is long, extra content not withstanding, and a quality ride the whole way. I ran through this game as well because the characters and story were so much fun. The battle engine is real-time- kind of a 3d Tales of Destiny affair. It really never gets old. Some people were miffed at the direction the plot took (I loved it), but I don't know what else people possibly could've complained about.
Seconded I'm one of the ones who wasn't too fussed on the plot near the end, but I'd still recommend the game, mostly for the battle system. It's just that much fun, seriously. There's plenty of post-game content too, you can go up to L255 (though I haven't... I should go back to it some time) and the music's really good too! I don't remember any level grinding at all, but maybe I was just having so much fun with the battle system I forgot what I was doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
Grandia III: I've heard good things, but to be honest I didn't like the first Grandia. Maybe I should give the series another chance?
You've heard good things? Really? It depends what you didn't like about the first game... 3's battle system was a joy to play with, but the music was way below Iwadare's usual standard, the plot direction was pretty poor (it had so much potential too, but you find out pretty much nothing about the villains bar Emelious throughout the whole game and everything seems to focus around Yuuki and Alfina. And they're about as generic as you get unfortunately :/

If you got Suikoden V you made the right choice though. I bought that game, played it through then picked it up the next day and played it through again >.>
Old 2006-04-23, 07:02   Link #24
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
I think Tales of Symphonia is a pretty good RPG (its a GC game) and well worth the time and money I put into it IMO. I wrote a short critique of the things I like and dislike about the game here:

http://www.allacrost.org/forum/viewt...hp?p=8215#8215
I mostly agree with your critique. Especially the character management system, which I thought was too cumbersome to get right or experiment with.

About the story, I was more concerned with the nosedive it took after the middle of the game, and how corny it got near the end.
Old 2006-04-25, 13:52   Link #25
DraGnaR

Send a message via MSN to DraGnaR Send a message via Yahoo to DraGnaR
OLD STYLE RPG GAME,S
new and multy way
long story very larg quests
i got one its ofline singel player 2d diablo style ( only control )
divine divinity ( 1 player in a 10000 hour long 2d world ( whit som humor and loads of cool quests )
beyond divinity *( released 2004 same game engine ) but now u are sould bonded whit a evil knight ( if one of u drops dead u bot are killed ) this version is not so open and i cant go evile ( but divine divinity kicks ass )
be sure 2 watch out 4 tare new game ( witch is in the making )

its the same play time as elders scroll
but mutch more fun
more monsters
realy u need 2 play this game
one of the best rpg game,s i played ofline
Old 2006-04-25, 13:53   Link #26
DraGnaR

Send a message via MSN to DraGnaR Send a message via Yahoo to DraGnaR
dubble post deleated !!!!!

Last edited by DraGnaR; 2006-04-26 at 04:58.
Closed Thread