AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-03-20, 21:36   Link #21
Aurelia aurita
???

So...there's a place that I missed. And after I went there, everything worked out fine.
Last update for several days because I'm going to Anime Boston. Anyone else going?

I'm still not understanding the Touka girl thing...
Spoiler for Game events:
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 18:22   Link #22
Mazryonh

Maybe the reason why Touka dresses up as a girl from time to time will be revealed to be different than the anime's reason. I would love to know why Io Azuma is in this game. Yes, he was from the original Kao No Nai Tsuki.

I know a lot of stuff from the demo was changed, such as the removal of the conversation system, but I do remember that from the end of each day Touka would get a rather funny CG of SD Nene tending to him at the end of the day. There was a hilarious one where she was brushing the living daylights out of him. Is that CG still in there somewhere?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 00:24   Link #23
Aurelia aurita
???

Alright, so I finally reached the point where it becomes an actual visual novel instead of just a kinetic one. I get to choose places to go, and I have to watch the time and date and stuff. I'm not really sure what the goal is right now, so I didn't save the part that I played today.

I'll post some of what happened this afternoon, and I might play this part over a few times to try and figure out what the point is, if I'm actually supposed to be looking for someone, or just for exploration purposes.

No SD Nene CG seen so far.

Uh...nevermind. I guess I was busier than I thought, and I wanted to sleep during my free time.
I opened up the game today and saw that I somehow created a second save file. I should learn how to do that more often.

Spoiler for Tuesday's play:

Spoiler for today:

Last edited by Aurelia aurita; 2008-03-28 at 16:05.
Old 2008-03-29, 14:27   Link #24
Mazryonh

Some Helpful Hints

OK, after getting some people who know Chinese characters on my side, and after finally getting the game working, I've managed to glean the following from the Conversation system:

The four symbols on the circle actually form a Cartesian Graph, with 2 axes.

The vertical axis is the scale between positive and negative, with the positive on top. Unfortunately I was not able to get my informants to tell me whether or not it meant something like "in a (un)friendly manner."

The horizontal axis is the scale between passionate and calm, with passionate being on the right.

Despite the graph-like nature, there are really only 8 ways to get Touka to say something. Just move the ball cursor so the appropriate symbol (or symbols, if you want Touka to say something in a passionate and positive manner, or positive and calm manner, etc.) lights up. Needless to say, you usually don't want to say something in a negative manner. I tested this on some characters, and it seems that Nene like Passionate and Positive, while Kaifu prefers Calm and Positive.

I was not able to get info on just what the conversation topics are, other than the fact that the first one is "the weather" and the third might be something like "desires." Most characters don't want to talk about their desires, until you get to know them better, for instance.

I did, however, find out something important about the conversation topics by myself, though. Some people will give you new conversation topics that will appear on the list for the appropriate characters.

For example, after the first visit to the Ninomiya-Kai HQ (the one where the triplets are actually there), the triplets will mention something about talking to Kagami Eiko. They'll give you a new conversation topic, marked in "Japanese quotes" that will appear on Kagami's topic list. I have not determined what picking it will do, but it likely opens up the paths for different characters.

Kamimitsuhara even has its own address book! Right-clicking on the main map screen will bring up the characters you've already met and where they currently are. Choosing the left option on that screen will also show you where they will be going later in the day, so try and catch them if you can!

Finally, there's a small location near the North end of the train tracks that contains a small shrine. A strange girl wearing a cat costume (I'm NOT making this up) will greet Touka there. If you talk to her, you can get options to probably get new conversation topics or check on your status with the characters (the third option just cancels out of the conversation). The more a character likes you, the bigger a positive number will be in their "scorecard." The more a character hates you, the bigger a negative number will be in their "scorecard." Unfortunately, visiting the strange girl's shrine will tire Touka out very easily, since it's so far away from everything else.

There's also a strange feature that this game has, likely to egg lonely otaku on, especially those who haven't yet unlocked any h-material yet. On occasion when you want to talk to a girl, it appears that on rare occasions she'll be in the shower. Touka will then get a choice to peep on her, and if you say yes, you get to see the normal character pose picture wearing a towel. Don't push your luck too far with this, though, as I've been attacked once by another student after doing this.

If anyone can shed some light on how this system works (especially the inventory system which is accessed by clicking on Chibi Touka's portrait) I'd be most grateful.
Old 2008-04-05, 21:04   Link #25
Aurelia aurita
???

Thanks for the hints!
Here's some stuff that I forgot to post earlier. Since Mazryonh got really far without writing summaries, I think I can just make very, very brief ones now. (Half the time before, I felt like I was writing down stuff that happened.) Also, I randomly pressed this button, and I discovered it skips through all the text until some point later!..

Spoiler:

I actually got back to town, but I didn't save because I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do now. Go after a girl? Just live life? I just don't want to get a BAD END too soon. Hahaha.

Last edited by Aurelia aurita; 2008-04-06 at 11:18. Reason: Whoops, the spoiler tag was wrong
Old 2008-04-06, 10:54   Link #26
Mazryonh

No no no, I'd like you to keep posting summaries as detailed as is convenient for you. I don't really understand as much as you think I do. I just figured out some of the system (NOT the story) that when you finish talking to the triplets, they will mention Kagami Eiko, and give you a phrase in Japanese that I assume is a new topic, since it also appeared in Kagami Eiko's topic list.

I think the scene where Futaba Riko falls into the pool (maybe you could tell me why?) is proof that the game was changed early on. The game claims she's wearing a "wiggu" (gotta love Japanese attempts at accented English), hence the black hair as opposed to Riko's actual "strawberry red," but the CG really doesn't match Riko's body at all. She may have the same green eyes, but her measurements are nowhere near Riko's in her own CGs. I believe that this CG was originally meant to represent someone else, but I have no idea as to the truth of the matter.

Personally, I would like to see Riko's ending first, but I've had no luck with locating a "kouryaku" (Japanese for a walkthrough). Have you had any?
Old 2008-04-08, 16:19   Link #27
Aurelia aurita
???

Mazryonh tells me I probably have to take the Momoka route first, so let's try that.

Spoiler:

Uh, I wasn't really paying attention during the part with Riko, because it was just line after line of text...

I haven't seen any walkthroughs yet. I tried searching on Google, but I think I have the wrong characters, because I keep ending up with something else.

---
April 12th edit: More stuff

Now we're getting somewhere.

Spoiler:

Okay...I finally figured out how to make different save files (press the other save button). I'm so smart -_-

I might come back and update some more tonight after I watch some other anime, so stay tuned.

April 13:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Aurelia aurita; 2008-04-13 at 21:13.
Old 2008-04-19, 15:53   Link #28
Aurelia aurita
???

Sorry, not a lot of stuff last week, but this week is vacation, and you know what that means...

Spoiler:

Part 2

Spoiler:

Alright, I'm really, really bad at these battles. I can't seem to get the rhythm right. I don't know how I won the first battle so easily...unless it was an easy battle on purpose.

Also, it occurred to me that the person at the beginning might be Sei, not Kikyou.

Last edited by Aurelia aurita; 2008-04-19 at 21:26.
Old 2008-04-20, 16:39   Link #29
Mazryonh

Thanks for your efforts again!

I believe you're supposed to win the battles by clicking your left mouse button the exact instant the symbol is in the middle of the square. I'm not sure if a different symbol means you're supposed to press the right mouse button, though. If you've played Dance Dance Revolution, it's a bit like that, only with one button.

Makoto is a loli? Just how old does the game say she is? And what do you mean that "she acts like a dog"? It would explain why she has no h-scenes of her own in the CG set, though you have to remember the Japanese age of consent is 15.

From the game's character portrait data, it appears that both Makoto and Marie work part-time at the Kamiazuma estate as maids. They're also students, as is Atsuko. I don't have a clue as to when they don those costumes, though.

Too bad the anime didn't feature Urashima; some of the lines you say he has are hilarious.

According to the CGs, Minori looks like she might be involved in some kind of costume contest. She and Toako don some silly-looking ones, and Toako's looks like something out of Naruto!

So if the student body is split down the middle between Hasu-kai and Ninomiya-Kai, then does that mean that making nice with a student of one faction will improve your reputation with other members of that faction?

And have you been able to decipher what the standard conversation topics mean?
Old 2008-07-20, 00:27   Link #30
Aurelia aurita
???

Hi again. I've been gone lately due to the game called Brawl...but I'm back for a bit.

Apparently the battles aren't winnable...so all I can do is save right before and keep restarting until they let you peep on the girls.

Spoiler:

Over now. I was going to play longer, but I don't want to right now. Excuse me while I go into a dark corner and die of shame. More's coming tomorrow, I promise.
Old 2008-07-20, 00:55   Link #31
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

There there now...

What's the point of playing a h-game if you don't get any h-scenes, Where's the fun in that ?

Besides, It could've been worse after all... At least Rie is attractive

Good job! *thumbs up*

P.S - That's how it's suppose to sound...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 21:21   Link #32
Mazryonh

Some Consolation

I see you weren't kidding when you said that this is your first visual novel. Yes, the genitalia are censored because of Japanese law (as opposed to English-translated visual novels re-released on the English market by companies like Peach Princess, who can do them uncensored), and the "dying screams" are also fairly standard for eroge.

What might surprise you is that more than a few voice actresses in anime also are sought out for their ability to make erotic noises. Two of the more famous examples include Hitomi Nabatame and Shizuka Itou (Itou actually participated in two, To Heart 2 and Kimiaru, both of which had anime adaptations). I wouldn't be surprised if one of them thought of it as another way to do art, actually.

Spoiler for Game Content:

Hopefully you'll be able to swallow your bile and keep on truckin' with this game. Maybe the h-scenes in the future will seem more justified to you.

Tags
bishoujo, ero-game, eroge, orbit, pc game, romance, root, supernatural, visual novel