AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2007-02-12, 12:33   Link #61
Perishthethought

The amount of text in the game is largely due to the excruciating detail into which Takayuki examines his surroundings, his friends, his thoughts and his feelings. The part where you've finished a day at school and he's describing how descending a hill uses different, rarely used muscles in your legs... Man oh man.

Still, he can be quite poetic and you get a good idea of the romanticised view of the world the game's Takayuki carries around with him. He really is a daydreamer (in fact, his regular, bizarre fantasy in the game is *someone* stood in a field beckoning him towards her) but the level of exposition he goes into about his circumstances (the slightest hesitation is leaped upon, a slight 'movement' from one of the girls is examined at length) is unbelievable. A conversation is usually 90% Takayuki examining how he feels and how the other party MIGHT feel, 10% actual speech.
Perishthethought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 16:51   Link #62
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Quote:
Originally Posted by TsubasaSeraphina View Post
What is atlas v.11, and where do you get it?

I got text hooker, and I think I'm download the game, that is "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien ~DVD Specification~", that is the dvd version of the game, right?

I really want to play this game, so I'm really hoping someone will be able to tell me what to do, like once the torrent finishes, how do you use text-hooker with it- or anything else I might need to know?
Atlas v.11 is a japanese to english/english to japanese program that works pretty well with text hooker and its alot better than babelfish, you will have to buy it, usually through their online store but I think Barns and nobels might have it as well under their language section.

Personally, its better to just learn the language, its probably faster than waiting for a translation cause just as a size comparsion, one of the longest games on PSone Xenogears, with probably the best story on the system, had you read through TONS of text, espcially on the second disk, its text totalled to about 1 MB, KGNE is several times that size. But the pictures are pretty expressive so you can get the gist of what happened if you use text hooker with your game for example it doesn't take a whole lot to figure out what this picture mean:

spoilers

Lacan/Grahf

Last edited by idofgrahf; 2007-02-16 at 23:15.
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 16:31   Link #63
Zekeian

What is the differnce between the DVD Specification and the game?
Zekeian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 20:58   Link #64
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekeian View Post
What is the differnce between the DVD Specification and the game?
Voices basically. There was an additional scene if memory serves correctly, but on the whole, not much is different other than it contained full voices and was released on a DVD.
Old 2007-04-26, 05:41   Link #65
VoLT-ShocK

Help me, please! I bought this game, but my Japanese not SO perfect... I want to play that game no matter what... But I can't find a translation... Maybe you guys working on it? Or any other team like "mirror moon"? Well if you cant help me... I'll try other places... I cant beleve that such a game doesnt have a translation...
VoLT-ShocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 08:15   Link #66
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoLT-ShocK View Post
Help me, please! I bought this game, but my Japanese not SO perfect... I want to play that game no matter what... But I can't find a translation... Maybe you guys working on it? Or any other team like "mirror moon"? Well if you cant help me... I'll try other places... I cant beleve that such a game doesnt have a translation...
Such a game doesn't have a translation due to the complexity of it. There have been many who have tried, but none have succeeded.

I do believe, however, there are a few sites out there for translated walkthroughs. However you're really setting yourself up to be disappointed going that route.
Old 2007-04-26, 10:28   Link #67
VoLT-ShocK

Well... I should at least try... Damn... Or I can take another path... Learn Japanese... But Ill try web first! Thanks anyway!
Old 2007-04-27, 10:36   Link #68
VoLT-ShocK

Sorry... but I have another question... Do you know where I can get programm to extract text from this game? Or just name of that programm...
Opss... sorry I duble posted... I solved problem already... delete this post please.

Last edited by VoLT-ShocK; 2007-04-27 at 11:08.
Old 2007-05-05, 01:44   Link #69
arkk skieth

where???

ive known about kimi ga for a long time, since i couldent find anywhere to download the episodes from i watched the first 6 episodes in screenshots, then it got tedious, now im trying to follow the english version (rumbling hearts) now i want to play the pc game, but i dont kno where to get it (the PSO version will work for me too) is there a website where i can download it or any special import stores?
arkk skieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 02:26   Link #70
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Himeya is the only one I know of that is currently selling it and allows for outside of Japan shipping. Mind you, the game is not cheap by any standards, including that of the SFD.

As for obtaining Rumbling Hearts, my suggestion, TRSI is currently running a sale on all of FUNi's DVDs, 40% off. Rumbling Hearts is a part of this sale.
Old 2007-05-07, 21:34   Link #71
Masenko
マセンコ。

I bought this game from a little backwater shop in Narimasu (North West Tokyo), and even though it will install, the game will fail to start. I don't know why. I have the DVD Spec version. Is there a reason it wont work on my English computer?

EDIT: I sorted the little problem out I've emailed the dude that is translating the game to try and offer my assistance.

C~

Last edited by Masenko; 2007-05-09 at 05:50. Reason: Fixed :D
Masenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 01:59   Link #72
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

there is someone translating the game?
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 06:03   Link #73
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
there is someone translating the game?
If going by the promises, then yes, there are people translating it. However, I wouldn't get your hopes up, as there have been people 'translating' the game since about the same time it was released, not one of them has got past the preliminary stages, let alone completing it.
Old 2007-05-12, 04:55   Link #74
Masenko
マセンコ。

Well, I got an email reply informing me that they would love to have my help..! From what I see, translation is well underway; I think they're going to have me help clean up some of the translation in some places.

C~
Old 2007-05-15, 03:03   Link #75
Masenko
マセンコ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
If going by the promises, then yes, there are people translating it. However, I wouldn't get your hopes up, as there have been people 'translating' the game since about the same time it was released, not one of them has got past the preliminary stages, let alone completing it.
And we ARE working on it. Trust me, I just finished up for the night, been up all night working on the translation.

C~
Old 2007-05-16, 08:48   Link #76
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masenko View Post
And we ARE working on it. Trust me, I just finished up for the night, been up all night working on the translation.

C~
No offense, but I'll believe it when I see the patch 100% released.
Old 2007-05-16, 21:04   Link #77
Masenko
マセンコ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
No offense, but I'll believe it when I see the patch 100% released.
Well, no probs. PM me your email address and I'll send you some screenshots if you like.

C~
Old 2007-05-30, 01:37   Link #78
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
^I'd like to know this one simple thing: Is the prologue of the game completely translated at least? I remember quite a ways back I thought about at least typing up the entire prologue and then at least translating the prologue for the game but at some point I just quit because I got annoyed with typing up that extremely long prologue.

It'd make me happy to know that at least someone had completed what I had attempted to do some time ago.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 10:16   Link #79
Masenko
マセンコ。

Well, yes!
It's taking forever, but yes.

C~
Old 2007-06-16, 12:28   Link #80
freyia
Goddess of Magic

Send a message via AIM to freyia
what is the difference between the kimi ga dvd spec game and the kimi ga special fan disc. they are both dvd's so just curious since one $10 cheaper
freyia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
âge, bishoujo, drama, ero-game, eroge, pc game, romance, visual novel