AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 88 59.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 27.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 8.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.34%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-24, 22:09   Link #121
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
I don't think there's any religion that forbids the marriage of first cousin, it's only established by tradition. The only thing I can come up with is the Chinese culture of not marrying a person with the same last name (I pity all then Chens out there )
Old 2007-02-24, 22:27   Link #122
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Yuuichi can redeem himself by doing his best to support Nayuki and Akiko; deep down, he knows that they are more important than some girl he met 7 years ago and dated for a few days.

But I agree; if he ditches them to pursue Ayu, he really is a terrible person.

The previews aren't promising, but I'll give KyoAni the benefit of the doubt until episode 22 actually comes out. I refuse to believe that they'll make such a horrendous mistake.
I dunno, pal. You're effectively saying that Nayuki's plight is worse than Ayu's plight, and therefore if he wasn't such a "horrible person", he'll support Nayuki. I cannot agree with that statement; not because I disagree with the opinion (nor that I support it in any way, for that matter), but because a statement like that is very much subjective. It's an opinionated topic, if I may say so myself; as many different perspectives as there are people, you know what I mean?

I'm personally sitting on the fence for this one, but I'd really appreciate it if you'll stop making absolute statements like "such a horrendous mistake" on such topics which have no absolute fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Nightingale View Post
5) I dont see what's wrong with that, besides it wasn't even close to similar in terms of purpose. Kyon's = Shock due to wtf, while Nayuki's apparently shows fear.
Yes, I know Kyon's facial contortion is more WTF than Nayuki's fear, but my point isn't the context, my point is the near-identical frames involved. In fact, I was thinking "Why is Nayuki showing the WTF face?" even before I thought of Kyon in the first place.

Quote:
6) Ayu's suppose to be the one who came up with the school idea.
I see.

Quote:
9) Well, considering Nayuki was already in her own room......
Doesn't change the fact that she's still on the floor. And besides, since she was already in her own room, it shouldn't have been too hard for Yuuichi to just pick her up and set her on the bed.

Quote:
10) Recall from ep01, Ayu initially starts with left hand, but tries to use her right hand instead since it is the proper way. So considering that, its nothing wrong about Ayu getting used to extending her right hand to U1.
Yes, like I said, it could be yet another of KyoAni's subtle signs of Ayu and Yuuichi getting more intimately familiar with one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubar84 View Post
On topic: Loved the episode, can't get enough of Nayuki's NYUUUU
And yet you're the only one who gutter-voted this time round?!

You're one of those who takes the "Painful" description literally, don't you?! *lands a 100 ton hammer on fubar84's head*

Quote:
I can't speak for other religions, but first cousin marriages are valid in Christianity. Does anyone know what other major religions have to say about first cousin marriages?
In fact, if I may make a point, cousin marriages were prevalent in the higher stratas of European society at one time; it's basically what royal marriages between the ruling nobles of different countries were all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
I don't think there's any religion that forbids the marriage of first cousin, it's only established by tradition. The only thing I can come up with is the Chinese culture of not marrying a person with the same last name (I pity all then Chens out there )
That's not even adhered to that strictly, nowadays. I should know, my own parents are an example of such a union.
Old 2007-02-24, 22:27   Link #123
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brim View Post
As for the scene where Nayuki falls asleep on the floor I think it was put in to show Yuuichi's mindset: although he cares for her, he sees her more as a sister than anything else.
Actually, I think the fanservice in that scene was meant to show that he DOES notice her.

I've read that, in the game, that's when... *ahem*
Old 2007-02-24, 23:12   Link #124
Brim
Piro Piro Piro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
Actually, I think the fanservice in that scene was meant to show that he DOES notice her.

I've read that, in the game, that's when... *ahem*

Ah, you may be right on that point Kyuusai - I've never played the game so I'm in the dark on that one. It just seemed to me Yuuichi didn't react in the way one would imagine then if that was the case (blushing or at least a wry comment on noticing her as something more than a relative).

I don't envy Yuuichi at this point - I hope he is able to handle all the pressures on himself, help Nayuki and find Ayu...
Old 2007-02-24, 23:21   Link #125
Ascaloth

Some anime bloggers have made a very good point about how it seems that Japanese high schools (at least in the Kanonverse) teaches stuff like Schrödinger's cat.

An even better point is how they've linked that theory to what we know of Shiori's

Spoiler for only open if you've already seen Ep 21:

condition.
Old 2007-02-24, 23:23   Link #126
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
~~ I don't envy Yuuichi at this point - I hope he is able to handle all the pressures on himself, help Nayuki and find Ayu...
... and get to see Shiori well, keep his promise to keep in contact with Mai( gee... I wonder why I remember this one...), etc...

Natch.
Old 2007-02-24, 23:30   Link #127
Brim
Piro Piro Piro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
... and get to see Shiori well, keep his promise to keep in contact with Mai( gee... I wonder why I remember this one...), etc...

Natch.
...I'm just thinking of the next episode Skane. Heh - if Yuuichi manages all of that in a day than I think he should get a medal.
Old 2007-02-24, 23:35   Link #128
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Heh - if Yuuichi manages all of that in a day than I think he should get a medal.
I think he should get a break instead
Old 2007-02-24, 23:39   Link #129
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Some anime bloggers have made a very good point about how it seems that Japanese high schools (at least in the Kanonverse) teaches stuff like Schrödinger's cat.

An even better point is how they've linked that theory to what we know of Shiori's

condition.
..) Original Lyrics
..) Music Video

She Ain't Dead Yet... She's In Quantum
(Think of Shiori and Kaori)
---- ----

The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows where

But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry on
She ain't dead yet, she's in quantum

So on we go
Her welfare is of my concern
No burden is she, to bear
We'll get there
For I know
She would not abandon me

If I'm laden at all
I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another

It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on our way to there
Why not share

And the pain
Doesn't weigh me down at all
~~~~ ~~~~

Cheers.
Old 2007-02-24, 23:51   Link #130
DanielSong39

Quote:
I dunno, pal. You're effectively saying that Nayuki's plight is worse than Ayu's plight, and therefore if he wasn't such a "horrible person", he'll support Nayuki. I cannot agree with that statement; not because I disagree with the opinion (nor that I support it in any way, for that matter), but because a statement like that is very much subjective. It's an opinionated topic, if I may say so myself; as many different perspectives as there are people, you know what I mean?

I'm personally sitting on the fence for this one, but I'd really appreciate it if you'll stop making absolute statements like "such a horrendous mistake" on such topics which have no absolute fact.
I'm only speaking for myself here, Ascaloth. Basically, I'm saying that I would be completely turned off by Yuuichi if the show actually took that path (and it hasn't, by the way).

It's easy to get caught up in a relationship and neglect those around you. But over the long run, those closest to you tend to have a bigger impact on your long-term future - for better or for worse. Ignoring your parents, siblings, and this case, your caretaker (Akiko) in favor of a girlfriend/boyfriend will almost assuredly hurt you over the long run. I've seen it happen too often in real life, and I don't want to see it happen here. Yuuichi's actions in Kanon 2002 literally sickened me.

I'm not saying Yuuichi should drop Ayu like a hot potato, or he should start a relationship with Nayuki. What I AM saying is that he should realize that Akiko's situation absolutely trumps Ayu's - frankly, for me, it's a no-brainer. Perhaps in the anime world, you should go for the girl every time - but in real life, such a decision is an absolute killer.

As for Ayu - her situation is indeed serious, but I think her actions and words imply that deep down, she really wants her mother - and by extension, a close-knit family. In that sense, I believe Akiko and Nayuki actually has more to offer Ayu than Yuuichi - as they can play the "mother" and "onee-chan" roles in her life. She obviously likes Yuuichi, but her desire to have a boyfriend seems to be somewhat secondary.
Old 2007-02-25, 00:25   Link #131
Ascaloth

Quote:
I'm only speaking for myself here, Ascaloth. Basically, I'm saying that I would be completely turned off by Yuuichi if the show actually took that path (and it hasn't, by the way).

It's easy to get caught up in a relationship and neglect those around you. But over the long run, those closest to you tend to have a bigger impact on your long-term future - for better or for worse. Ignoring your parents, siblings, and this case, your caretaker (Akiko) in favor of a girlfriend/boyfriend will almost assuredly hurt you over the long run. I've seen it happen too often in real life, and I don't want to see it happen here. Yuuichi's actions in Kanon 2002 literally sickened me.

I'm not saying Yuuichi should drop Ayu like a hot potato, or he should start a relationship with Nayuki. What I AM saying is that he should realize that Akiko's situation absolutely trumps Ayu's - frankly, for me, it's a no-brainer. Perhaps in the anime world, you should go for the girl every time - but in real life, such a decision is an absolute killer.

As for Ayu - her situation is indeed serious, but I think her actions and words imply that deep down, she really wants her mother - and by extension, a close-knit family. In that sense, I believe Akiko and Nayuki actually has more to offer Ayu than Yuuichi - as they can play the "mother" and "onee-chan" roles in her life. She obviously likes Yuuichi, but her desire to have a boyfriend seems to be somewhat secondary.
Fair enough, as long as you're clear that it is just your own opinion. Don't blame me for being spooked by the fact that too many times already have you come across like thinking you're "the authority" on things.

Spoiler for just my own prediction of events to come, not a spoiler per se, but I'm THAT afraid of FPB's AWESOME POWAH!!!! :D:
Old 2007-02-25, 00:34   Link #132
Ascaloth

Mine is the last post, but why isn't my name on the last post column?
Old 2007-02-25, 01:05   Link #133
Blue Reverie
Rank-and-file poster

Actually your prediction does seem to include spoilers I didn't take a long look (the second I opened it I saw the word

Spoiler for possible future spoiler do not look fellow firstimers:

and jammed the PgUp button as fast as I could), so you might wanna check that against spoilers for first time viewers. managed to avoid reading anything but still... Maybe I'm misunderstanding but I dunno. *sigh*
Old 2007-02-25, 01:12   Link #134
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Quote:
I can't speak for other religions, but first cousin marriages are valid in Christianity. Does anyone know what other major religions have to say about first cousin marriages?
In Islam (and arabian societies) it's completely fine. My brother is married to my first cousin (mothers are sisters).

Quote:

condition.
Actually, I was thinking more of Ayu... "alive but dead". I think it suits her more.

And about leaving Nayuki sleeping on the floor:
I didn't play the game, so I didn't know it was for... *ahems* I was thinking it's fine because this is a, uhh, "family thing". In our house, if someone is sleeping on the floor, we'll just bring a blanket and a pillow for them. Then again, we have carpet and not wood...
Old 2007-02-25, 01:19   Link #135
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Is it just me or is this anime flowing to YuuchixNayuki direction rather then AyuxYuuchi O_O?
Old 2007-02-25, 01:21   Link #136
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Nope! It's Yuuichi x Kitagawa~ They're starting to have lunch together.
Old 2007-02-25, 01:22   Link #137
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I think the anime flows towards Yuuichix(current girl's arc) every few episodes or so...
Old 2007-02-25, 02:12   Link #138
ayako
a shounen manga

Send a message via AIM to ayako
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Nope! It's Yuuichi x Kitagawa~ They're starting to have lunch together.
*de-lurks* Such genius...

That explains why the doll bears such a resemblance to Kitagawa! It was written in stone those seven years ago that they are the true canon pairing of Kanon...

*is shot*
Old 2007-02-25, 04:58   Link #139
fubar84

Quote:
And yet you're the only one who gutter-voted this time round?!

You're one of those who takes the "Painful" description literally, don't you?! *lands a 100 ton hammer on fubar84's head*

WOT?? That was a mistake then, i know i gave the last Shuffle! Memories ep a 1, but i was supposed to give this a 10. Does that mean that i gave S!M a 10 and this a 1? Sheiße!! Have to blame sleepyness for it, actually while i wrote here last night i kinda had the same expression as Nayuki in the last ep.. NYUUUUU

Any way to retract a vote (not that it's superimportant on anything..)
Old 2007-02-25, 06:42   Link #140
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Fair enough, as long as you're clear that it is just your own opinion. Don't blame me for being spooked by the fact that too many times already have you come across like thinking you're "the authority" on things.

Spoiler for just my own prediction of events to come, not a spoiler per se, but I'm THAT afraid of FPB's AWESOME POWAH!!!! :D:
yea i agree on it being a "no-girls" ending ~ i can imagine yuuichi disappearing off for another few years and comming back with a surprise...how bout meeting ayu on the same bench and cue the end credits! :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread