Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-10-23, 12:30   Link #61
wtfkjp
Time Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
i don't know where this MTL boom come from, but from your translation in the 1st paragraph, there are 6 sentences and you fail 5 of them, one of them is neglible, sorry but i truly suggest you to stop.\

Edit: for your information さんさん (sansan) is how you read the Kanji 燦燦 and はら is how your read 孕, the same goes with 陽炎 and かげろう, thus there is no point in translating them, and if you translate them, it is clear that you don't know to read japanese.
I wouldn't mind, even god's word is translated wrong I would receive his message in heartfelt.

Thank you apostle Cnine.

Brother doom, i suggest we find ourselves an offering to apostle nine, a sacrifice(editor) is needed!
wtfkjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 12:43   Link #62
dragon1412

i really don't get you guys, while i myself don't mind much about MTL, i feel that a minimum level of required correlation is needed, to be honest, do any of you guys consider something that's have lower than 30% accuracy a translation ?? i called that a rewrite. I could see why Krytyk flipped out at this. To be honest, someone calling themself Japanese translator which didn't even realized that the hiragana next to the Kanji is it reading sound like a joke to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfkjp View Post
I wouldn't mind, even god's word is translated wrong I would receive his message in heartfelt.

Thank you apostle Cnine.

Brother doom, i suggest we find ourselves an offering to apostle nine, a sacrifice(editor) is needed!
sorry, this is exactly why people who knew Japanese didn't even bother to translate anymore, i could see why most translators quit whenever a MTL is involved, i mean, if you worship a lower than 30% accuracy translation, then why bother wasting time to give you a 100%.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 13:52   Link #63
zerodragon

Quote:
i really don't get you guys, while i myself don't mind much about MTL, i feel that a minimum level of required correlation is needed, to be honest, do any of you guys consider something that's have lower than 30% accuracy a translation ?? i called that a rewrite. I could see why Krytyk flipped out at this. To be honest, someone calling themself Japanese translator which didn't even realized that the hiragana next to the Kanji is it reading sound like a joke to me.

sorry, this is exactly why people who knew Japanese didn't even bother to translate anymore, i could see why most translators quit whenever a MTL is involved, i mean, if you worship a lower than 30% accuracy translation, then why bother wasting time to give you a 100%.
^^^^^
i rather wait for a week or two for one chapter than have someone put their own words into the translation missing small key things or completely mess up something major.
Old 2014-10-23, 13:58   Link #64
DarkSilverSky

It doesn't need to be perfect, but in the very least he could erase words and sentences that repeat themselfs. Anyways, i'm quite thankfull someone is doing the machine translation.
Also Machine translations, can also be pretty good, a few of madan vanadis volumes were machine translated and i din't notice til i read the notice.
DarkSilverSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 14:02   Link #65
techblade

Problem is there is not enough real translators to go around for all the stories people want translated so they have to deal with machine translations. Kind of like a bastardized summary as you will.

Seems like a similar trend is going around on anime kinda I noticed its mostly horriesubs that release most stuff now.
techblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 17:51   Link #66
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by techblade View Post
Problem is there is not enough real translators to go around for all the stories people want translated so they have to deal with machine translations. Kind of like a bastardized summary as you will.

Seems like a similar trend is going around on anime kinda I noticed its mostly horriesubs that release most stuff now.
I started watching Detective Conan, because it got released on DVD in dub for.
Now I know a lot of people hate dubs, especially, when they do stuff like Anglicise names Shinichi Kudoh -> Jimmy Kudo, Ran Mouri -> Rachel Moore etc.
but it's the ability to understand what's going on that matters.
For some reason the dubs stop at episode 130. I tried to watch subbed episodes past that point, but a few episodes in, all the episodes hadsubs with Chinese names, and subtitles that were horribly out of synch with the dialogue, so it was impossible to tell who was even talking at any time, so I gave up.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 19:43   Link #67
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSilverSky View Post
It doesn't need to be perfect, but in the very least he could erase words and sentences that repeat themselfs. Anyways, i'm quite thankfull someone is doing the machine translation.
Also Machine translations, can also be pretty good, a few of madan vanadis volumes were machine translated and i din't notice til i read the notice.
Like i said, i have no problem with MTL in general, like with Bakahou case, is his translation have mistake? quite a lot. Could it it be further improve?? sure. Is it a Rewrite?? Nah. He passed the minimum requirement mark. In Madan case, the quality of the MTl there is very high, and even then it still have a fair share of mistake. i don't really mind about method, but 6 sentences, he messed up 5 of them, 1 neglible and the remaining sentences is the character's name, well, he translated the Hiragana box as well so that 1st sentence is technically fail.
Old 2014-10-26, 04:49   Link #68
wtfkjp
Time Traveller

Quote:
Like i said, i have no problem with MTL in general, like with Bakahou case, is his translation have mistake? quite a lot. Could it it be further improve?? sure. Is it a Rewrite?? Nah. He passed the minimum requirement mark. In Madan case, the quality of the MTl there is very high, and even then it still have a fair share of mistake. i don't really mind about method, but 6 sentences, he messed up 5 of them, 1 neglible and the remaining sentences is the character's name, well, he translated the Hiragana box as well so that 1st sentence is technically fail.
It's called speed translation

It's all about the quantity not the quality.

yeah, quality is good too, but reading a number of translation(ofc with passing grade) in the shortest span is better

besides , beggars can't be choosers.

it would be great tho if somone would do quality tl afterwards
wtfkjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 11:10   Link #69
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfkjp View Post
It's called speed translation

It's all about the quantity not the quality.

yeah, quality is good too, but reading a number of translation(ofc with passing grade) in the shortest span is better

besides , beggars can't be choosers.

it would be great tho if somone would do quality tl afterwards
uhmm you know, MTL fail 5 out of 6. Do you believe you and i still reading the same thing ??? if's it's all about quantity, then if he write a sing word "a" in the entire pages and release 20 pages, do you even bother to read it???? and someone would do quality TL afterward?? you are kidding me, right, what you said is akin to make someone clean up people mess, when somethings already MTL, no matter how low quality it is, it is just a giant waste of time to touch it again, and i doubt that many people would bother look at the more quality version anyway.
Old 2014-10-30, 02:34   Link #70
blacksheep38

Quote:
uhmm you know, MTL fail 5 out of 6. Do you believe you and i still reading the same thing ??? if's it's all about quantity, then if he write a sing word "a" in the entire pages and release 20 pages, do you even bother to read it???? and someone would do quality TL afterward?? you are kidding me, right, what you said is akin to make someone clean up people mess, when somethings already MTL, no matter how low quality it is, it is just a giant waste of time to touch it again, and i doubt that many people would bother look at the more quality version anyway.
Sort of new here, so just going to ask as I'm curious.

In the earlier times/days there were quite a few or possibly a lot of people who would have liked to dedicate them selves in sharing quality translations out of kindness and further improving there studies/literature with Japanese?

Though, the majority of them noticed the readers were satisfied/eager to read MTL's despite the lack of actual understanding in what could only be read from someone who is exceptionally or socially fluent in the language, it's more of a zerg fest with people accepting the fact that they can get anything at all from a LN/WN they want to read even if it's quality is horrible and they probably or aren't reading the genuine story or receiving the appeal one should.

Sorry if I'm wrong and haven't said what I'm trying to in the right words.

Though to put it simply, I'm agreeing with you, and actually quite annoyed that people will accept something of below decent standards and claim that respect & thanks should be given to those who put in minimum effort to bask in a temporary limelight.

It's no wonder people who could give a really enjoyable reading experience if they translated have lost interest in doing so, when people are happy with sub par accuracy.
blacksheep38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 02:51   Link #71
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheep38 View Post
Sort of new here, so just going to ask as I'm curious.

In the earlier times/days there were quite a few or possibly a lot of people who would have liked to dedicate them selves in sharing quality translations out of kindness and further improving there studies/literature with Japanese?

Though, the majority of them noticed the readers were satisfied/eager to read MTL's despite the lack of actual understanding in what could only be read from someone who is exceptionally or socially fluent in the language, it's more of a zerg fest with people accepting the fact that they can get anything at all from a LN/WN they want to read even if it's quality is horrible and they probably or aren't reading the genuine story or receiving the appeal one should.

Sorry if I'm wrong and haven't said what I'm trying to in the right words.

Though to put it simply, I'm agreeing with you, and actually quite annoyed that people will accept something of below decent standards and claim that respect & thanks should be given to those who put in minimum effort to bask in a temporary limelight.

It's no wonder people who could give a really enjoyable reading experience if they translated have lost interest in doing so, when people are happy with sub par accuracy.
Well,those who can't read don't know how accurate things are nor do they have the right to complain--since people translating aren't paid to do it.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 08:15   Link #72
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Man the latest chapters really thrilled me up!! The gathering of many powerful royalties coming from different countries, the meeting between the three heroes and of course almost half of the big shot characters are all beautiful girls!^^!....Though the author's move to introduce and reintroduce a lot of new and old girls really make wonder why he didn't even add the "Harem" tag in the genre bar in the first place.......
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 08:38   Link #73
Amanomurakumo

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but why did his childhood friend disappear without a trace in the first place?
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 08:50   Link #74
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post
I don't know if this has already been discussed, but why did his childhood friend disappear without a trace in the first place?
Back then she was walking home together with the Sendo siblings ( Aki, Masato and Takahisa, one of the six heroes) and wala~~ a light flashed and she got dragged along the way as Takahisa was summoned to the different world.... She along with Aki and Masato somehow got sent to the Bethram's border ( The kingdom where Rio was born) and met Rio by chance when he came back to the kingdom to find his teacher.
Old 2014-11-08, 09:21   Link #75
obnuchious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCalibur View Post
Back then she was walking home together with the Sendo siblings ( Aki, Masato and Takahisa, one of the six heroes) and wala~~ a light flashed and she got dragged along the way as Takahisa was summoned to the different world.... She along with Aki and Masato somehow got sent to the Bethram's border ( The kingdom where Rio was born) and met Rio by chance when he came back to the kingdom to find his teacher.
what was Rio/Lio's age when they met again?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 10:17   Link #76
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Apparently she is 16 right now as it was stated that she just recently enrolled into high school meaning 1st year. Haruto ( Rio past life) was the same age was her when she got spirited away as a result of summoning. Then he spend five more years living in the Earth becoming a university student before he died in the accident. When he got reincarnated in to the 8 years old Rio, he spent another 8 years living in the new world and met Miharu ( childhood friend ) again so he is 16 right now though chronically he had spend 13 years old to meet her again while to Miharu it was just a few hours later after the summoning.
Old 2014-11-08, 11:00   Link #77
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

What's the word on Miharu and Haruto? Have they reunited once more? Does she even know it's him?

Also, how does she feel about him?
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 11:16   Link #78
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Haruto or it's Rio now recognized Miharu away while the latter failed to do so due to Rio currently using a magic item that changed his hair color. That said, the appearance of Rio in this world still resemble Haruto's in the Earth. The only reason miharu failed to recognize him was because the last time she saw him was when they were 8 years old and when they were about to meet again in high school she got sent to the different world right before she manage to see him again.....
Old 2014-11-08, 19:24   Link #79
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Breaker 2.0 View Post
What's the word on Miharu and Haruto? Have they reunited once more? Does she even know it's him?

Also, how does she feel about him?
Quote:
Haruto or it's Rio now recognized Miharu away while the latter failed to do so due to Rio currently using a magic item that changed his hair color. That said, the appearance of Rio in this world still resemble Haruto's in the Earth. The only reason miharu failed to recognize him was because the last time she saw him was when they were 8 years old and when they were about to meet again in high school she got sent to the different world right before she manage to see him again.....
Spoiler for Haruto and Miharu:

anyway, just finished second chapter

Chapter 2 : Awakening
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-09, 04:01   Link #80
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:
Man the latest chapters really thrilled me up!! The gathering of many powerful royalties coming from different countries, the meeting between the three heroes and of course almost half of the big shot characters are all beautiful girls!^^!....Though the author's move to introduce and reintroduce a lot of new and old girls really make wonder why he didn't even add the "Harem" tag in the genre bar in the first place.......
who knows if it will really turn into harem?

adding "harem" tag at this point will only give another tag namely "counterfeit tag", since Haruto himself is not only a flag builder but also flag breaker
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beta mc, cunning mc, harem, reincarnation, shoujo, smart male lead, tragic past, webnovel