AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-11-19, 02:25   Link #1
Utsuro no Hako

Mahou Shoujo Site

From the author of Mahou Shoujo of the End

Mangaka: Kentarou Satou

Genre: Drama, Horror, Psychological, Shounen, Supernatural, Tragedy

Serialized in: Champion Tap

Plot: Aya Asagiri has a miserable life. She spends every day at school getting bullied, and every evening at home getting the crap kicked out of her by her brother. One day she stumbles upon a website that offers to send her a genuine, 100% real magical girl wand. She clicks yes and the next morning she finds a gun in her locker ....

Unlike Mahou Shoujo of the End where the magical girls are essentially deranged monsters, this is a genuine mahou shoujo title, albeit a highly deranged one. Even Urobutcher would balk at some of the stuff these girls do.

Spoiler for First four chapters:
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 17:09   Link #2
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Cool a thread about this series got made. I'm enjoying this and I hope it doesn't grow stale than its "predecessor". Not many people like where it's going, but... Oh yes, chapter 5 had been scanlated and released. Looks like things are continously picking up.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-04-07, 22:44   Link #3
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

It sucks that this thread and series doesn't get enough attention... but since I'm here might as well spread some news.

Ahem:

Chapters 6-7 and 6.5 have been scanlated and released (6-7 a long while ago, and 6.5 a day ago.)

Spoiler for Chapter 6.5:
Old 2014-04-27, 12:40   Link #4
Utsuro no Hako

Chapters 8 and 9 are out, and man the end of 9 is creepy ... until you read the scanlator's gag page.

I'm still trying to figure out if this is a spinoff of Mahou Shoujo of the end -- the black-and-white girl sure seems like she came from the other series.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 19:01   Link #5
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

I still keep forgetting about this series and it's nice that there's at least someone besides me who's watching and commenting on this.

I think we still need a bit more chapters to see if this is connected to Mahou Shoujo of the End in someway. I think the only hint is the Tempest and that creepy moderator, but we can't really say much.

Anyways...poor Aya it looks like her hell and suffering will not be ending anytime soon now that the female bully will most likely become a Mahou Shoujo purely for revenge. Such despair that it's magical...
Old 2014-10-20, 15:13   Link #6
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

This thread is so dead and barren that it's...magical. "Sigh" All trying to be clever with puns aside, I'm here to announce that chapters 11 and 12 have been scanlated and released!

Spoiler for Chapter 11-12:

Well that's it for now. I hope we get an update soon because I really want to know how these turn of events will affect Aya and what she'll do from here on out.
Old 2014-10-31, 09:01   Link #7
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

This is new. In just two short weeks we got another translated chapter. None the less... I'm here to announce that chapter 13 has been scanlated and released!
Spoiler for Chapter 13:

Not to be expected but poor Aya. Her suffering and anguish is not going to end anytime soon. It's only going to get worse from here on out.

Last edited by Kirito; 2014-10-31 at 09:13.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 00:15   Link #8
streakingzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
This thread is so dead and barren that it's...magical. "Sigh" All trying to be clever with puns aside, I'm here to announce that chapters 11 and 12 have been scanlated and released!

Spoiler for Chapter 11-12:

Well that's it for now. I hope we get an update soon because I really want to know how these turn of events will affect Aya and what she'll do from here on out.
Probably because its too hard to discuss this series here, due to the theme. I don't remember Mahou Shojou of the end being discussed much here either...

Anyway, the series is... interesting. Not really my cup of tea, but I guess I'll continue reading it. I really hope the end would at least not be too dark though.
streakingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-23, 13:48   Link #9
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Alright guys. I'm back with an update for this series. Chapter 14 has been scanlated and released!
Spoiler for Chapter 14:

Such a good chapter. Tsuyuno once again proving why she's awesome...she really does plan ahead of time well. That's all I have for now so until then chapter guys, until then!
Old 2014-11-26, 15:50   Link #10
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Alright guys. I'm back with another update regarding this series... "Sighs" If anyone cares. I'm here to announce that chapter 15 has been scanlated and released!
Spoiler for Chapter 15:

A new chapter released 3 days after the previous one...that's quite the new record. I hope Mahou Shoujo of the End gets the same treatment soon. That's all for now, so until then next chapter guys, until then!
Old 2014-11-30, 12:32   Link #11
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Another chapter within 3 days from each other. Quite impressive. Like I said before I hope Mahou Shoujo of the End will get the same treatment soon. But I digress...

Ahem:
Spoiler for Chapter 16:

I really hope Aya and Tsuyuno make it out of this one. Aya has grown but she's still soft which could be costly in the situation that she's in.

Well that's all for now. I think that there's one more chapter and the raws to the translated versions will be completed. So that's it for now... if anyone cares or notices. So until next chapter, until then!
Old 2014-12-03, 00:54   Link #12
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
I really hope Aya and Tsuyuno make it out of this one. Aya has grown but she's still soft which could be costly in the situation that she's in.
Dunno, she looked pretty determined to protect Tsuyu when it came down to the wire but I do have a feeling that she somehow protected the bully too. Either way, I'm kinda glad she stood up to her finally, even though there was unbreakable wall between them =0p. I hope this is just a small token of bravery to come. Her brother has REALLLY been asking for it since chapter 1 >=02.

I'd be more worried about Nijimi being an enemy; her power is downright scary, and I can imagine Tsuyu being borderline useless magic-wise. Might be a while before the s*** hits the fan though, since they're comrades(friends?) and all.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-25, 13:11   Link #13
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Okay guys or anyone following this series. I'm here to announce that chapter 17 of this series has been scanlated and released! Just one more chapter to translate and we're all caught up raw wise.

Spoiler for Chapter 17:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Dunno, she looked pretty determined to protect Tsuyu when it came down to the wire but I do have a feeling that she somehow protected the bully too. Either way, I'm kinda glad she stood up to her finally, even though there was unbreakable wall between them =0p. I hope this is just a small token of bravery to come. Her brother has REALLLY been asking for it since chapter 1 >=02.

I'd be more worried about Nijimi being an enemy; her power is downright scary, and I can imagine Tsuyu being borderline useless magic-wise. Might be a while before the s*** hits the fan though, since they're comrades(friends?) and all.
Well if Aya has grown enough to protect her friend and stand up for herself, then it's a good development on her end. It's also a matter of the events that comes after if Aya's on her own. Remember: Tsuyuno is practically at Death's Door and if she's gone, Aya will have to fend for herself and might have to sooner or later get her hands dirty. Aya's still reliant on Tsuyuno which is a great thing because it's safe to say that they're officially friends, but she need to learn to protect herself. No one won't be there to save you forever and Aya need to take that notion into consideration seriously. I truly hope Tsuyuno makes it because she's badass and I doubt the author will let her die before she can learn anything about the Tempest.

Plus with Nijimi hell bent on revenge it's a possibility that the two friends will become potential targets. If you've noticed her state of mind it's come to the point where "if you try to stop me from accomplishing my goal(s). I'm going to have to kill you!" So it's likely she'll be antagonistic at this point.
Old 2015-02-07, 05:39   Link #14
RBomber

So, anyone reads the newest chapter?

Spoiler for poor monster:
RBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 07:17   Link #15
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

This is the first thing that comes to mind when I read the plot summary...

Spoiler for Magical Girl Revy-chan~:
Old 2015-07-06, 16:23   Link #16
JameyoftheMegacosmos

Ah, I read this series!

I think it being so much like not just Madoka, but Death Note as well. Imagine Yatsumura being the child of Light Yagami and Homura Akemi.
JameyoftheMegacosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 23:28   Link #17
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for 25:

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 03:46   Link #18
Sides

Just caught up to ch43, and have to say, that none of the characters are really safe, even your bad guys get a taste of hell.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 11:14   Link #19
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Best girl of all time :

wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-07, 11:29   Link #20
zztop

Chapter 84 and its connection to the MSS anime:

Spoiler for Chp 84 spoiler:
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags