AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2016-07-12, 00:42   Link #1
OtherOne

Looking for suggestions - help me!

So I have seen a lot of anime series and I am frankly running low on ideas. Some of my favorites are (including favorite characters):

Hunter x Hunter (Killua and Hisoka)
Tokyo Ghoul (Kaneki and Uta)
No Game No Life (Sora, Shiro, and Izuna)
Darker than Black (Hei and Wei)
One Outs (Toua)

I tend to avoid romance, hentai, and ecchi but I'm not completely against them if it's not the soul purpose of the anime. I like psychological anime the best. Also if it's a well known anime I have probably seen it: Bleach, Fairy Tale, One Piece, Death Note, Naruto, Fullmetal, Kuroshituji...etc.

Some other anime than I have seen and enjoyed are: Parasyte, Togainu no Chi, Get Bakers, Imawa no Kumi no Alice, Akagi, Jormungand, Monster, or Denpa Kyoushi.
OtherOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-12, 03:28   Link #2
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
I like psychological anime the best. Also if it's a well known anime I have probably seen it:
Just in case I'll suggest these as whats considered well known on Animesuki might not be considered well known for others.
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica & Steins;Gate are two of the best series for this genre & despite their popularity & critical acclaim here & else where I am not sure they're considered well known. Both are very well written compelling series from the genre.

I'll also suggest Mawaru Penguindrum, though it gets a bit too psychological for some people as Ikuhara Kunihiko takes it to another level with symbolizing, and depth of it & abstractions of it at times, it's an excellent series if you can enjoy his style of writing, and if you do I'd suggest Revolutionary Girl Utena & Yuri Kuma Arashi his two other major works that are on a similar level in terms of psychological content while being slightly weaker in terms of storytelling & other aspects in my opinion. But be warned it's not for everyone.

Shinsekai yori & Psycho-Pass two excellent series with psychological elements & two wildly different views of a supposed future utopia, both are very well written & not near on the depths of psychological level that Penguindrum delves to.

Finally, I'll suggest Zankyou no Terror as psychological series about two teenage boys whom turn domestic terrorist & despite being created by the creator of Cowboy Bebop it's remained a relatively lesser known series.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-15, 18:13   Link #3
kitten320

Seems like you are more into slightly darker action and mind games so let's see:

Akame ga kill
Aoi Bungaku Series
- not action but a set of psychological stories.
Baccano!
Berserk
Claymore
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Code Geass
Fate/Zero
Death Parade
Denpa-teki na Kanojo
Ga-Rei: Zero
- Will you kill someone you love because of love?
GTO - comedy but kinda psychological
Hakuouki Reimeiroku - not fully sure but I would recommend to give this prequel a go. If you like it, you can watch 1st season and the rest. In my opinion prequel is better.
Ghost Hunt - I think you might like main character.
Kyougoku Natsuhiko: Kousetsu Hyaku Monogatari
Madoka Magica
Mai HiME
- light hearted at first, get more serious in second half. Madoka seems to be inspired by this.
Monster
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Psycho-Pass
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
Shiki
Shingeki no Kyojin
Shinsekai yori
Steins;Gate
Zetsuen no Tempest

You probably watched most of them but there still should be enough to keep you busy.

Tags
action, dark themed, game, looking for new anime, strong mc