AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-24, 19:38   Link #81
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

So did the diamonds all vanish when the people came back to life?

I can imagine an amusing scene where some guy proposes, and the diamond he gives the woman vanishes as she puts on the ring.

This show sure touches on some dark subjects. Refugees, huh? At least there always seems to be a happy ending, even if they are, like in this episode, rather implausible.

Neko-musume sure is a tsundere at times.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 20:00   Link #82
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Makes you wonder sometimes if this is really a morning anime. I mean, dang, the whole refugee-to-mass-murder thing. It went so far dark, that it actually was obvious everyone was somehow going to come back alive, but still... Phew, dark dark.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 21:51   Link #83
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I can imagine an amusing scene where some guy proposes, and the diamond he gives the woman vanishes as she puts on the ring.
I think they will turn into coal, they have been bad, bad, greedy boys and girls and deserve it

Quote:
Neko-musume sure is a tsundere at times.
Place yourself in her shoes, the average love interest of the dense male lead will finally get him in a matter of months, maybe a couple of years at worst. Neko musume has probably been trying to dig her nail on Kitaro for decade and there seems to be no end in sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Makes you wonder sometimes if this is really a morning anime.
I can really picture a dad reading his monday newspaper at breakfast, then the happy kid comes and ask "Dad, what is a refugee?" *coffee spilled all over the paper* and if they googled beforehand they might even ask "What is a blood diamond?"
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 21:55   Link #84
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
“You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children.”
― Madeleine L'Engle

One of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite authors, and a philosophy I've been known to follow in my own writing.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-25, 02:49   Link #85
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Place yourself in her shoes, the average love interest of the dense male lead will finally get him in a matter of months, maybe a couple of years at worst. Neko musume has probably been trying to dig her nail on Kitaro for decade and there seems to be no end in sight
I don't think Kitaro is dense, he is just not interested in her in a romantic way and simply sees her as a platonic friend.
Specially since other version of Kitaro did had girlfriend and oddly most of them were human. Including the "Neko" that he actually dated wasn't a Youkai but a human with strange disease that turn her into a cat whenever she saw fishes.
Plus it seem the main heroin of this reboot is Mana, not Neko. Specially considering the Tanuki episode.
Old 2018-06-25, 10:55   Link #86
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
Plus it seem the main heroin of this reboot is Mana, not Neko. Specially considering the Tanuki episode.
Especially since they manage to drop Mana into Kitaro's arms on a number of occasions, a scene often followed by some jealous reaction from Neko.

It was the scene where Kitaro pulls Neko from in front of Rat-man's speeding car that occasioned my tsundere comment. She tells him he need not have bothered, while her facial appearance and voice tell the opposite story.

Quote:
I can really picture a dad reading his monday newspaper at breakfast, then the happy kid comes and ask "Dad, what is a refugee?" *coffee spilled all over the paper* and if they googled beforehand they might even ask "What is a blood diamond?"
When Uchuu Kyoudai aired, I wondered how many dads watching with their kids on Sunday mornings at 7 am had to explain what Mutta was "saving for later" at the beginning of episode three. Mutta was having an erotic fantasy about Serika during his physical exam and "raised a flag."
Old 2018-06-28, 14:51   Link #87
bastek66

Miyuki Sawashiro Takes Maternity Leave This Summer
Old 2018-06-28, 16:09   Link #88
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

^--- Maybe now Kitaro will get a sudden grow spurt and get a lower voice, something like James Earl Jones :lol:
Old 2018-06-28, 20:33   Link #89
Renchan

Quote:
^--- Maybe now Kitaro will get a sudden grow spurt and get a lower voice, something like James Earl Jones :lol:
They'll probably choose another female seiyuu or Ayumu Murase. But most likely female seiyuu. If anything, maybe his voice will get slightly higher.
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 17:27   Link #90
sion21

Did they really pull a "oh you what am i going to do with you Ratman"? This guy is responsible for the death of hundreds of people. and it just ended with "he is up to something ending again" ending?
sion21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 17:50   Link #91
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

They didn’t die - they were just fine in the end!

Oh, Nezumi-otoko - what a scamp you are.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 19:48   Link #92
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Maybe it is just my imagination, but cat girl seemed a big larger than in previous episodes, maybe she is going thru a growth spurt? Nonetheless both girls have the hots for Kitaro and he knows (or he is dense, take your pick) after watching their dreams in that poodle of water.

I remember Makuragaeshi from the last episode of Hell Teacher Nube but on that one, rather than connecting to the dreamworld he had the power to send people to alternate dimensions (ala Steins:Gate).

I would expect a legal demand for Toei if Mazinger Z was not one of their franchises. Rocketo panchi!
Old 2018-07-02, 06:22   Link #93
Idealist 99

Kitaro's father actually look very OP, I wonder if he could have defeat Yō-Kaijū all by himself. By the way, how long will it take for Kitaro to reach adulthood? It seem Youkai does age considering his dad. Also, it felt like his dad sound just like Goku.
I am kind of wishing Kitaro to get some form of transformation like the fifth series where he used Jigoku key.
Old 2018-07-02, 09:43   Link #94
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This show continues to impress week-in and week-out. Adulthood never seems especially appealing in Kitaro though. This week we have a tale about childhood dreams dashed by the cruel realities of adult life. There's also the spectre of divorce and family separation. Divorces ramped up in Japan at the end of the twentieth century. The rate has leveled off since as much because of the decline in the rate of marriage as a change in the behavior of married couples. The writers seem tuned in to the fears of Japanese children. I wonder whether the viewers feel reassured after watching Kitaro. After all, Musashi's father will still be out of a job, separated from his family, and not following his dream of becoming a painter.

Quote:
This week the show opens with a father attacking his son with a beer bottle. Of course he never really hit Musashi, but the terrorizing image of an enraged father remained.
Old 2018-07-07, 23:24   Link #95
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep15:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 23:46   Link #96
akumaten

Spoiler for ep 15:
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 01:12   Link #97
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Did you notice that Shiro the cat appears in the new ED? Teaming up with Neko-musume to scratch up Nezumi-otoko.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 03:00   Link #98
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumaten View Post
Spoiler for ep 15:
she only human.....
Old 2018-07-08, 03:26   Link #99
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
she only human.....
yeah, it's looks like the "power of love not aways works and not every one want be saved in the end she could not let it go.
Old 2018-07-08, 07:32   Link #100
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

dat surprise ending, aside from people dying in the previous eps, that is dark for a show........... made for kids..............
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
old anime, remake