AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-23, 17:43   Link #361
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Heh I get a picture of Krauser II on mine.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 17:57   Link #362
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 8 was another highly enjoyable 24 minutes for me. Deeper into the characters and their relationships we go. And the show continues to look so good and feel so sunny.
Spoiler for manga comparisons:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 19:20   Link #363
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for manga comparisons:
You know, the disappointed part of me is the one who finds himself secretly rooting for Selnia. She is so constantly one-upped by Tomomi that I want to savor the few instances where she actually bests her.

Yes, the triangle is still indicated well enough (e.g. I enjoyed seeing Tomomi's eyes widen in shock when Selnia literally freaked out on her "want to be alone with Akiharu" tease). And it's not that I'd dislike Tomomi at all. But Selnias counterpunches are so rare that I don't wanna miss them, especially those which really connect.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 08:27   Link #364
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

As a Selnia fan, that was easily the best 20 minutes of this year so far. I need to calm down a bit before i sort out my thoughts for this episode.
Old 2010-02-24, 09:46   Link #365
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

nice! akiharu scores in the end of the episode... now, i wonder what tomomi's reaction is gonna be like hmm...
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 12:50   Link #366
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Tomomi is a real mystery. We don't know whether she's secretly shipping for the Selina X Akiharu pairing or actually likes him. Perhaps we believe she does, but it says volumes of her method of hiding her feelings if even we have to wonder about it. Enjoyable episode and confirmed that Akiharu is heterosexual even he has a quite strong self-control.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 13:11   Link #367
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Tomomi is a real mystery. We don't know whether she's secretly shipping for the Selina X Akiharu pairing or actually likes him. Perhaps we believe she does, but it says volumes of her method of hiding her feelings if even we have to wonder about it. Enjoyable episode and confirmed that Akiharu is heterosexual even he has a quite strong self-control.
Been thinking the same, if she had feelings for Akiharu then why would she "conspire the two closer together" ? Especially Tomomi should be the one to realize that summoning the tsun part out of Selnia/Cernia/whatever evokes her dere part even more. Well it can be reasoned by Tomomi not realizing her feelings yet either so it may be too soon for us to know.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 13:39   Link #368
Fawx9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Been thinking the same, if she had feelings for Akiharu then why would she "conspire the two closer together" ? Especially Tomomi should be the one to realize that summoning the tsun part out of Selnia/Cernia/whatever evokes her dere part even more. Well it can be reasoned by Tomomi not realizing her feelings yet either so it may be too soon for us to know.
Maybe she was meaning to let Drill have a chance, she could have just as easily destroyed any chances at the beginning, but that wouldn't make for a very interesting game now would it.

I have a feeling she just acted a bit to slowly assuming there was still a bit of a gap between them, remember she didn't think Drill would ask Akiharu so quickly for the partner thing.

Personally, I hope they start to focus on her more now though than they have. We've already gone over how much she hates to lose, so lets finally see her in action compared to just working in the background.
Fawx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 14:47   Link #369
Mentar
Banned

I think it's fairly obvious: Tomomi is still doing her "mess with Akiharu for maximum enjoyment while saving his hide when he's in real trouble" routine, but she didn't expect Selnia and Akiharu to gradually be attracted to each other.

This is why she was pushing the CPR/kiss idea at first, but when she saw Akiharu leaning in to do the deed, she suddenly looked unsettled. Further evidence is Tomomi's reaction to Selnia's outburst on denying that NOTHING AT ALL happened between them, and Tomomi's sad look on the couch right before she heard Selnia meet Akiharu at the sunset (to which she decided to eavesdrop, I'm sure we'll see that in ep9).

Yes, she loves to mess with Aki, but she doesn't want to "lose" him to Selnia. And I _want_ Tomomi to worry about losing. Having her Mary Sue over everyone would be boring.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 14:55   Link #370
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
lol for a second there i thought u were implying that he's homosexual.
Old 2010-02-24, 15:25   Link #371
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Highly enjoyable episode... and so the love triangle seems to surface.
Old 2010-02-24, 15:49   Link #372
Johnny
Working the bags...

Selina's maid was a nice extra bonus to this episode...

I agree with Mentar, it be nice to see Tomomi sweat it out a few more times where as she has always been on the giving end. I doubt though I would want her to drop her sadistic tendencies all together though...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 16:13   Link #373
Fawx9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I think it's fairly obvious: Tomomi is still doing her "mess with Akiharu for maximum enjoyment while saving his hide when he's in real trouble" routine, but she didn't expect Selnia and Akiharu to gradually be attracted to each other.

This is why she was pushing the CPR/kiss idea at first, but when she saw Akiharu leaning in to do the deed, she suddenly looked unsettled. Further evidence is Tomomi's reaction to Selnia's outburst on denying that NOTHING AT ALL happened between them, and Tomomi's sad look on the couch right before she heard Selnia meet Akiharu at the sunset (to which she decided to eavesdrop, I'm sure we'll see that in ep9).

Yes, she loves to mess with Aki, but she doesn't want to "lose" him to Selnia. And I _want_ Tomomi to worry about losing. Having her Mary Sue over everyone would be boring.
Oh I agree that her having a little trouble is perfect, but I also would like to see her be more active also.

We have only really seen her with hold information or simply tease people into doing silly things. Something a bit bigger(in effect, not necessarily the act) would be good to show her jealousy(losing) growing and how she's dealing with it.
Fawx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 17:00   Link #374
omegasaries

Can someone please tell me whats the name of the song that shows up at the sun set scene? the piano song ? PLEASE !!!
Great episode
omegasaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 19:26   Link #375
LusterFlare
Lost.

Good episode. Was quite surprised at the ending.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 20:15   Link #376
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow Drunk Akiharu burned Tomomi. "That girl doesn't have any sex appeal at all." Anyways was somewhat of a surprise to have that guy drunk. I suppose it's a cliche, but he's a solid lead so something that makes him act a little out of character is entertaining. Anyways this was an interesting trip and created chances for Akiharu and the Drill to get closer since she couldn't just give random and ridiculous orders. The most important part was just giving Akiharu a chance to see her more serious side and how much she is carrying. Clearly at the school after his arrival she's been less serious. Maybe it was coming back even to a home in the country that got her back into a more responsible mindset. Either way it had a pretty positive effect.

Funny how Tomomi was playing around with the CPR stuff and then was thrown off when Akiharu was actually going to do it. One time that something came back to burn her a little. If the preview is anything to go on I think this will shake her foundations. She's been able to fool around, but now there is a real threat there. Besides has the difficult barrier of Akiharu thinking she is always plotting (which she might be to a degree) against her.

Anyways was one of the best episodes of the series so far. Nice when they dump the side characters and really get to the center of the triangle. The end was just the peak of the whole thing.
Old 2010-02-24, 20:42   Link #377
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

I just started watching this and I love Flameheart! I still have to catch up to the 8th episode though. BTW, isn't this neat?
Spoiler for size:
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 20:45   Link #378
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Wow Drunk Akiharu burned Tomomi. "That girl doesn't have any sex appeal at all." Anyways was somewhat of a surprise to have that guy drunk. I suppose it's a cliche, but he's a solid lead so something that makes him act a little out of character is entertaining. Anyways this was an interesting trip and created chances for Akiharu and the Drill to get closer since she couldn't just give random and ridiculous orders. The most important part was just giving Akiharu a chance to see her more serious side and how much she is carrying. Clearly at the school after his arrival she's been less serious. Maybe it was coming back even to a home in the country that got her back into a more responsible mindset. Either way it had a pretty positive effect.

Funny how Tomomi was playing around with the CPR stuff and then was thrown off when Akiharu was actually going to do it. One time that something came back to burn her a little. If the preview is anything to go on I think this will shake her foundations. She's been able to fool around, but now there is a real threat there. Besides has the difficult barrier of Akiharu thinking she is always plotting (which she might be to a degree) against her.

Anyways was one of the best episodes of the series so far. Nice when they dump the side characters and really get to the center of the triangle. The end was just the peak of the whole thing.
i kinda regret not seeing how daichi would reaction on the CPR stuff since she's having trouble with the heat. wth wears a butler suit in a beach *sigh*

anyways, +10 pts for selnia and akiharu good for them.
Old 2010-02-24, 20:52   Link #379
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
I just started watching this and I love Flameheart! I still have to catch up to the 8th episode though. BTW, isn't this neat?
Spoiler for size:
My own personal twin drill system doll! I want one!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 21:06   Link #380
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
i kinda regret not seeing how daichi would reaction on the CPR stuff since she's having trouble with the heat. wth wears a butler suit in a beach *sigh*

anyways, +10 pts for selnia and akiharu good for them.
Poor Daichi. Going around in that butler outfit in that heat .

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen