AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2017-01-18, 14:08   Link #241
NoLongerSane

So how long before the first key animation stills are released to the public. I'm curious on how the animation will look like after so many years since the last series aired.
Old 2017-01-19, 08:52   Link #242
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
So how long before the first key animation stills are released to the public. I'm curious on how the animation will look like after so many years since the last series aired.
From what i understand the promotional art work for the audio drama was done by Xebec, the studio behind the new Anime. So i'm kinda expecting something more like that. Which honestly looks fantastic given the options.
http://www.tdd-1.com/iv/img/170118ad.jpg
Cenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-19, 09:01   Link #243
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenit View Post
From what i understand the promotional art work for the audio drama was done by Xebec, the studio behind the new Anime. So i'm kinda expecting something more like that. Which honestly looks fantastic given the options.
Xebec did a stellar job on Yamato 2199 so I'm very confident that FMP will get proper treatment from them.
Old 2017-01-19, 15:09   Link #244
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenit View Post
Cool, really liking the promotional art. Will be looking forward to this series continuation when it happens.
Old 2017-01-19, 19:34   Link #245
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Images
Key Visual
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 06:20   Link #246
Dextro
He Without a Title

It looks like we've got a title: Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory.

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory TV Anime Reveals Full Title @*ANN
Old 2017-01-23, 09:41   Link #247
Alf

Audio drama ep2
YouTube
Ahh....It's Tessa, this was how I first get to know Yukana.

Some minor changes, perhaps for better introduction for newcomers. Now I want some spaghetti....
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 14:17   Link #248
Mugen26

At first I was a little on the fence about the IV standing for Invisible Victory, but I rather dig it now. I almost feel it perfectly describes Gatou-san's behind the scenes effort to bring Full Metal Panic back in anime form. It definitely was an Invisible Victory.

Last edited by Mugen26; 2017-01-23 at 14:48.
Mugen26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-24, 22:47   Link #249
Mugen26

New promotional art of Tessa in her maid getup was posted on a blog site. It appears to be a scan from a magazine. Link to the blog (Certain ads may be NSFW!): http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/99068

Images
magazine scan

We know that Osamu Horiuchi has been brought back as character designer, and thankfully so. The artwork looks consistent to the previous series. You could fool me into thinking this old promo art from 2005 if it weren't for the DVMC outfit.
Old 2017-01-25, 01:03   Link #250
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Would Tessa finally won heroine role in this new series... ?? It's still right to believe, isn't it?
The art looks more modern though
I hope they could provide better mecha fight since it is 2017
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 10:06   Link #251
Alf

Well, it's spoiler so I wouldn't say anything, but you'll know soon enough. Other than that, I'm more happy that she will be the other protagonist in some sense.
Old 2017-01-25, 13:07   Link #252
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Well, it's spoiler so I wouldn't say anything, but you'll know soon enough. Other than that, I'm more happy that she will be the other protagonist in some sense.
That is one of the things I don't understand about not including AVMC in the anime
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-27, 13:58   Link #253
Darthtabby

I suspect A Dancing Very Merry Christmas got cut because the new anime has a limited episode count to work with and Gatoh wanted to ensure they would be able to reach the end of the series.

Hopefully the new series will be successful and they'll go back and do DVMC as an OVA later.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-27, 17:39   Link #254
Mugen26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
I suspect A Dancing Very Merry Christmas got cut because the new anime has a limited episode count to work with and Gatoh wanted to ensure they would be able to reach the end of the series.

Hopefully the new series will be successful and they'll go back and do DVMC as an OVA later.
That was my assumption too. There's a bit too much material to properly adapt without sacrificing either pacing or cutting out content. I figure that's why DVMC became an audio drama. My guess is that the anime will either be 24 to 26 episodes in length.
Old 2017-01-29, 00:47   Link #255
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen26 View Post
New promotional art of Tessa in her maid getup was posted on a blog site. It appears to be a scan from a magazine. Link to the blog (Certain ads may be NSFW!): http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/99068

Images
magazine scan

We know that Osamu Horiuchi has been brought back as character designer, and thankfully so. The artwork looks consistent to the previous series. You could fool me into thinking this old promo art from 2005 if it weren't for the DVMC outfit.

I want my Very Merry Christmas...

It's not going to be part of the new season?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 01:43   Link #256
Darthtabby

It could be, but the fact that its being released as an audio drama shortly before the new anime airs suggests otherwise.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 18:49   Link #257
Azel

We just have to hope as others have said, that if the series is popular, we will get DVMC as an OVA, it could be done in 3-4 episodes at a push but would be easily covered in 5 episodes.

In the Sigma manga, DVMC is pushed towards the end of the story, Kaname is having a kind of flashback and she remembers the events of DVMC. I think it's possible, if the anime is popular, it will get put in later in the same way. Although it is quite a tone shift, especially for where the story is at at the time of the flashback, so I think if we are going to get it, the OVA is most likely.
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-30, 03:11   Link #258
Alf

I think VMC is also quite suitable for a movie, with various kind of elements included and an emotional ending. As anime business shifting more toward movie side that might have higher chance than OVA.
Old 2017-01-30, 03:40   Link #259
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Can't wait to see who'll snag the rights to air this in English.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-30, 15:05   Link #260
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Can't wait to see who'll snag the rights to air this in English.
Hopefully All The Anime gets the rights for a UK release of the same level as the original show