AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-08-21, 09:31   Link #121
Tenzen12

Controversy did start at west though. Tweets that sparked while from japan were in english and for english speaking twitter users (and owner of site it came from is not even japanese nor is many contributors). There was literaly like one other somewhat notorious japanese person involved and that's it.

West got outraged, red cross decided go along with western trolls and put colab to end, blood donation pummeled and red cross concluded it wasn't worth and renewed cooperation.
Old 2020-08-21, 10:02   Link #122
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Controversy did start at west though. Tweets that sparked while from japan were in english and for english speaking twitter users (and owner of site it came from is not even japanese nor is many contributors). There was literaly like one other somewhat notorious japanese person involved and that's it.

West got outraged, red cross decided go along with western trolls and put colab to end, blood donation pummeled and red cross concluded it wasn't worth and renewed cooperation.
This is not necessarily true according to the news I read at the time. The campaign was never a pause and the red cross itself did not recognize that the poster was harmful.

Quote:
“This promotional campaign is merely providing a novelty gift to people who are kind enough to cooperate with our blood drive, and we do not recognize it as a form of sexual harassment. We have previously received support from numerous anime series in promoting blood drives, and these partnerships have been well-received and increased the amount of blood that was donated. In regards to opinions about the current promotion, we are listening to them sincerely, and will take them into consideration for future activities.”
https://japantoday.com/category/feat...t-order=latest

But it is true, the campaign was a success and continued in january:

Quote:
“All righty, because of how popular the first one was, Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out is being allowed to be part of another blood donation campaign! This is thanks to all of your support! Thank you!
https://japantoday.com/category/feat...ew-blood-drive

The truth is that many Japanese feminists complained about the poster, but the campaign was a great success. It was never interrupted, I often saw people on Twitter encouraging others to donate blood and receive posters.

Uzaki is quite popular in Japan anyway;
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-21, 10:06   Link #123
Frontier

"Senpai (Gloomlord)" "Uzaki (Idiot)" Yeah, somehow it's not surprising that's how they list each other on their phones (and I guess Shinichi is, like, Uzaki's only Senpai or the only one she actually cares about) .

Shinichi, you shouldn't mislead a girl's heart with such direct phrasing...of course, Uzaki paid him back with interest and then some .

Shinichi being such a ball of fluff around cats was absolutely adorable .

Uzaki slowly discovering her inner sadist .

I wonder if it says something that Shinichi's initial gifts were romantic in nature...

What better way to spend finally being legal than at a pub? Uzaki sure knows how to chug them down, and is a fun drunk, but she realized soon enough the price to pay for that kind of heavy drinking on her first try .

You never quite know what Uzaki's planning, especially drunk. Did she deliberately stage things so she'd end up at Shinichi's place for the night? Was she really expecting him to lurch back when she tried to kiss him? Heck, just using a kiss for a tease is a pretty big deal in and of itself .

Barfing bubbles? That's a first .
Old 2020-08-21, 12:18   Link #124
grecefar

I think it was a perfect birthday for her, she had fun with her senpai and enjoy her first drink as adult.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-21, 12:48   Link #125
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

As "funny" as the scene is supposed to be, you probably shouldn't leave a person vomiting while sleeping like that in that position.
Because, you know, they may never wake up.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-21, 13:10   Link #126
Dj0rel
True Believer

I found the sounds Uzaki was making while puking hilarious. Props to the voice actress.
Old 2020-08-21, 15:44   Link #127
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Too bad Uzaki doesn't have hair to hold back.

How are the haters taking drunk Uzaki?
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-21, 18:55   Link #128
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode didn't do anything new, but it was fun. It's a good thing the person from the cat café cut their "play" short. If Uzaki awakened as a sadist, things would get out of hand.
Old 2020-08-21, 18:57   Link #129
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
As "funny" as the scene is supposed to be, you probably shouldn't leave a person vomiting while sleeping like that in that position.
Because, you know, they may never wake up.
Yeah, I wondered the same thing honestly. You ALWAYS at least make sure they're on their side so they don't choke on it.

On a different note, it kind of aggravated my OCD side to see him stroking the cat in reverse, from back to front.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-22, 00:09   Link #130
HandofFate

enjoying watching the two gradually become more aware of eachother romantic wise
Old 2020-08-22, 00:19   Link #131
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
If nothing else they are both pretty darn locked into their romantic feelings for the other. At this point just need someone to openly make a move and that'll be it. Obviously not going to be that easy, but hey they are in a decent spot.

I did think the birthday thing worked out well. It was kind of fitting. He really did have some pretty good and mostly romantic presents in mind. Just stopped by knowing how she'd likely critique them (while being secretly overjoyed). Uzaki had her own plan for her birthday and I think she had a good time overall. It just...ended where it honestly should. She is paying the price for going too far.
Old 2020-08-22, 23:30   Link #132
Calca
Expressionless

Uzaki's adventures with the toilet the next morning gave me PTSD over one of my friend's wedding where they had an open bar. The next morning was miserable and I had to drive 3 hours back home after throwing up for about an hour.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-24, 18:52   Link #133
Hattori Saizo II
A socially awkward ninja

This episode just made me realize I missed going out and hanging out with friends.
Old 2020-08-28, 10:05   Link #134
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

90% of the time I'm kind of whatever about yukata scenes but damn Uzaki looked good. Really cute episode otherwise. Uzaki's mom next week, I can't wait.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-28, 12:49   Link #135
Frontier

These two can't help but make a public spectacle of themselves, can they? He was a complete gentleman ladies, honest .

I love how in-sync this father and daughter are in terms of enjoying the dynamic between Shinichi and Uzaki. And Ami sure knows how to tell them. I honestly wouldn't mind getting told off by Ayana Taketatsu .

Sakaki's ShinichixUzaki senses are tingling! Enough to make him jump from a cruise at sea to swim all the way to meddle! Even in a storm .

Those Sugoi Dekai's in a yukata .

I'll be honest, I have never seen that shooting game end with the cork in a lady's cleavage, but I guess there's a first time for anything .

Uzaki's bag definitely had some heft to it to knock Shinichi out .

High school flashback! Complete with Uzaki in a school swimsuit !

Awkward and meek Uzaki reminds Shinich of her more reserved and precocious self in high school, where he was more stern and coarse compared to how he is now but made time for her to help motivate and inspire her. And thus began their relationship .

Shinichi finally admits that, for all his complaints about Uzaki not leaving him alone, she's made his life more fun and interesting as a result .

What's a better view? Fireworks? Or some Sugioi Dekai's while in a lap pillow ?
Old 2020-08-28, 16:24   Link #136
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
There are times I'd be ok with the main character ripping into people. "Do people follow you around commenting on your conversations despite not knowing who you are? No? Then mind your business!" But that's not where the comedy is coming from so such is .

Good call on the benefits of just complimenting the heck out of Uzaki. She is pretty easy in that respect. Just lay it on and eventually she'll bounce back. All the more so with some honest compliments.

Part of me is waiting for Sakaki to get back and get his ship with Ami going. Though that may be a longer game to play...

Glad we did finally get some interactions between them from high school. Sure you could imply their relationship from back then. But nice to really see it.

All worked out fine. Back to normal though a bit better than that.
Old 2020-08-28, 16:37   Link #137
Dop
Mmmm....

This episode was a bit odd I thought as it had the feel of a end of series for ongoing manga episode. Uzaki's sullen personality change throwing a spanner in the works of the relationship between her and Shinichi, but everything being resolved at the end with BIG FIREWORK DISPLAY is the kind of DRAMA/reconciliation I've seen in other end of series episodes.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-28, 16:48   Link #138
grecefar

So sakaki in a ship is because the ship of uzaki and shinichi is sailing?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-28, 18:40   Link #139
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was surprised Uzaki felt this bad after what happened last week. This led to the usual funny misunderstanding scene.

I've been waiting to see more of high school Uzaki, and what we saw made me wonder how she became so outgoing when she used to be rather reserved. Safe bet to say that Sakurai probably triggered the change, but I'd love to find out the details.

Glad that their relationship is back to normal now. Really wholesome, once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
This episode was a bit odd I thought as it had the feel of a end of series for ongoing manga episode. Uzaki's sullen personality change throwing a spanner in the works of the relationship between her and Shinichi, but everything being resolved at the end with BIG FIREWORK DISPLAY is the kind of DRAMA/reconciliation I've seen in other end of series episodes.
Now that you mention it, that could have easily been an end of season episode.
Old 2020-08-28, 21:02   Link #140
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I have to agree, I'm glad it wasn't a final episode but it felt like it for moment
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, sugoi dekai