AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-12-20, 20:29   Link #61
LG-MAX 2.o

Perhaps this anime is not even licensed to the West. If the uncensored version has half the fidelity of the mangá, I don't think crunchyroll and much less funimation will want to engage with that.
Old 2020-12-20, 23:02   Link #62
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
PV2
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
No screaming death/black metal 0/10

I mean, if you want to take the mantle of 1990s edgy exploitation trash OAVs, just ham it up, and piss on the line you crossed blindfolded.
Old 2020-12-20, 23:23   Link #63
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Perhaps this anime is not even licensed to the West. If the uncensored version has half the fidelity of the mangá, I don't think crunchyroll and much less funimation will want to engage with that.
Would it be too much for Sentai Filmworks?
Old 2020-12-20, 23:35   Link #64
BCMan5388

Quote:
If the uncensored version has half the fidelity of the mangá, I don't think crunchyroll and much less funimation will want to engage with that.
You left out Sentai Filmworks.

I'm not sure. Content-wise, this is no different than Arifureta and Goblin Slayer.

If in the unlikely event this series should sink to Interspecies Reviewers' extreme level of content, then I say it should go only to Media Blasters.
Old 2020-12-21, 05:00   Link #65
bastek66

So Tetsu Inada will voice Donovan

*mod snip*
Old 2020-12-21, 08:03   Link #66
Liddo-kun
is this so?

can feel the evil in the voice. This is like a twisted version of some isekai protagonist.

can't wait..
Old 2020-12-21, 10:14   Link #67
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMan5388 View Post
You left out Sentai Filmworks.

I'm not sure. Content-wise, this is no different than Arifureta and Goblin Slayer.

If in the unlikely event this series should sink to Interspecies Reviewers' extreme level of content, then I say it should go only to Media Blasters.
The point is that GS has only the first arc as being the most controversial, but this series is rape all the time.
Old 2020-12-22, 04:19   Link #68
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
The point is that GS has only the first arc as being the most controversial, but this series is rape all the time.
So its the cheap 1970s exploitation Italian cannibal movie of all those Revenge Fantasy stories.
Old 2020-12-22, 11:11   Link #69
LG-MAX 2.o

Neither cannibal holocaust is so depraved. Honestly speaking, only works like Deathtube or Trash could be considered light heavy than that.
Old 2020-12-22, 15:26   Link #70
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I just heard about how editors at ANN are already complaining about it and speaking out against anyone who'd stream it. Honestly, it seems like they just never learn. This sort of revenge flick has its niche, but it's just that: a niche, and a small one at that. Leave it alone or watch carefully and provide unbiased, honest reviews that don't exaggerate, and those that don't want a dark story that's hard to watch won't watch it, reducing sales and discouraging people from producing more. Rant over and over about how disgusting they think it is that people make this "trash" while blowing things out of proportion and you're going to have tons more people tune in purely out of morbid curiosity or to spite a group that's become rather unpopular in some circles. You know the saying, any publicity is good publicity. These people are helping the shows that they want to destroy, and even if they were to find a way to put the animation company out of business and have the original light novels discontinued, it'd just make people all the more eager to seek out this mysterious piece that was "too hot".

Personally, it doesn't sound like my kind of thing. I love revenge and comeuppance, but the darkness wears on me and I would have a problem watching several hours worth of extreme torment and pain. If we're talking about maybe an hour and a half with the targets doing enough to really mess the guy up, as well as enough in the past when he goes back that it's clear they're already far from "innocent", I may be able to watch it and feel a certain cold satisfaction, but this sounds way too much for me.
Old 2020-12-22, 15:51   Link #71
Tenzen12

You don't have to worry about extreme torment and pain. This run more on hentai logic rapes, drugs and mindrape. Thus targets of revenge (and somes bistanders that just happen to be in wrong place in wrong time) ends actually enjoy it. Well I believe there was some actual torture (not sure), but certainly not hours of it.

Feel like watching it now?
Old 2020-12-22, 18:29   Link #72
LG-MAX 2.o

crunchyroll announced its lineup for next season and as expected this anime was not included. Perhaps it will change in the future, though. But taking Ishozuku in comparison, I believe it is certain that funimation will not bring the series.
Old 2020-12-22, 19:12   Link #73
BCMan5388

Quote:
crunchyroll announced its lineup for next season and as expected this anime was not included. Perhaps it will change in the future, though. But taking Ishozuku in comparison, I believe it is certain that funimation will not bring the series.
If it is on Interspecies Reviewers' level, I doubt anyone will license it, except Media Blasters.
Old 2020-12-22, 19:54   Link #74
The Green One

Well in this story either you're a murderous asshole, cartoonishly sadistic, an unrepentant rapist, or some combination of all of the above.

If any of these character traits annoy you, you're not going to like this show that much.

Also if censorship triggers you......... yeah.
Old 2020-12-22, 21:25   Link #75
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Well in this story either you're a murderous asshole, cartoonishly sadistic, an unrepentant rapist, or some combination of all of the above.

If any of these character traits annoy you, you're not going to like this show that much.

Also if censorship triggers you......... yeah.

I still hope for at least 50% loyalty to the story. This special version of AT-X + the fact of being broadcast 3:00 am during the week and not on the weekend shows that there is an intention to show something daring.
Old 2020-12-25, 18:02   Link #76
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
They have plenty of series left to announce. I don't care about this one, but they better simulcast Non Non Biyori's new season. It's the only series on my list that isn't licensed yet.

As for this one, I read a bit of the manga and yeah, I doubt anyone will want to open that can of worms.
Old 2020-12-28, 13:57   Link #77
LG-MAX 2.o

Sentai Filmworks Licenses Redo of Healer TV Anime: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-anime/.167961
Old 2020-12-28, 17:54   Link #78
Calca
Expressionless

There should be a separate thread for all the hilarious twitter outrage and angry blog review posts this anime is going to cause.
Old 2020-12-28, 18:42   Link #79
The Green One

Well this isn't a nice story, and it doesn't involve nice people. I imagine by the end of the 1st episode you'll know what you're getting yourself into and continuing any further is your own fault or you simply enjoy watching horrible things happen to horrible people committed by somewhat less horrible people we're apparently supposed to root for.
Old 2020-12-28, 19:43   Link #80
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think people are looking forward to the reactions more than the actual show.