Old 2023-03-25, 11:56   Link #201
AP24

They are going to re-air from Ep1 during summer season
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-25, 23:29   Link #202
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I suppose that makes sense. With how the schedule has been messed up, just resuming from where they left off that many months out would have also been awkward. Better to just pick up in the summer and try again.
Old 2023-04-24, 04:47   Link #203
Calca
Expressionless

Is that confirmed and are they finishing the season then? I can't find news on it anywhere.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-19, 12:40   Link #204
Frontier

We now return to our regularly scheduled journey of our favorite OP Misfit and some flirting between Shin and Leno !

Oh no, not another CG talking tree...although at least this one is heading out as soon as it appeared, but not before bestowing some wisdom on the cast (except Anos, naturally, as he has all the wisdom he needs) and telling Leno to be true to herself, Source or otherwise .

So Leno created the Spirit School from her own tears? Neat .

It's cute how much Leno is trying to get Shin to open up and have fun and feel something other than his devotion to Anos. She really wants him to experience love and be happy, and that's so sweet .

We finally meet Erdomaid before NousGhalia took him over, and he was...kind of nuts. Someone so obsessed with Anos and him being the perfect Demon King that he'd go to the trouble of orchestrating the perfect scenario for the creation of the most worthy opponent for Anos to defeat, whether he had to work with Gods or Demons to do it. All because Anos stroked him one time. Yikes .

Well, surprise surprise, Erdomaid set a trap. Either Leno dies and the Child of God is never born or Shin saves her and kills Erdomaid, freeing NousGhalia up to possess his body and do his own thing. Either way Erdomaid thinks he'll get what he wants even if he won't live to see it in his own body .

So Shin isn't actually a demon at all, but a living sword imbued with magic to kill the Gods, which actually explains a lot about his stoicism and loyalty to Anos, who was basically his wielder. And why so many, including himself, write him off as being incapable of feeling emotions. But Leno won't accept anyone saying her man can't feel, because of the depth of emotion she feels for him, and she's going to teach him love herself if she has to because she believes he CAN feel, deep into his soul. And I think we know where this is going. Sasha and Misha are enjoying the romance but Anos knows this is going to end in tragedy .
Old 2023-08-19, 18:18   Link #205
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's good to have this back. Instead of Anos flexing on everyone, it was his right hand man Shin this time. And he does it well, he learned from the best after all.
Old 2023-08-19, 21:59   Link #206
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

It's been so log since the last episode aired that I have completely forgotten what has happened beforehand.
It's almost like starting a new anime from the beginning.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-26, 13:03   Link #207
Frontier

Anos is still trying to find a way to save Misa from becoming Avos, or free her from that fate, but it's hard to undo someone's source or how that informs their identity...the best you can hope for is a rumor that can give them some kind of ability that falls within that .

Lay training with Shin! He even goes to the trouble of telling Shin the right thing to say to a lady! And gets sliced by Shin's space and time sword in the process, but at least Lay is learning a lot from Shin .

Shin and Leno look so cute together. And Anos seems to think that if Shin desires it enough, he CAN fall in love with Leno. "Just because he's a magical sword, did you really think he couldn't fall in love with anyone?"What an Anos thing to say !

Man, that poor Igareth kid...suffering from the lingering resentment and hatred from demons towards humans for what they went through, all the losses they experienced, and how bad Jerga was against them. But this kid doesn't deserve it. And even if Anos wasn't there for him before when he was being tortured and killed, he can save him now and let the angry demons know they will achieve peace in several years' time .

So Anos was pals with the Goddess of Creation Militia? That tracks. Sounds like she might also have been in love with him, judging by the messages she left for him .

Don't you just love it when you're sword shows up in the nick of time, gives you access to your adult form, and lets you change the past? I'm curious about what state Igareth is in now, and what rumor he'll spread that'll help them stop Avos .

This was a really reflective episode for Anos, especially the ending where he stands amidst all his fallen troops and tells them of the peace their efforts were finally able to secure for the demon race. And Misha helps improve the mood with some beautiful white flower field. It was a very beautiful scene .
Old 2023-08-26, 18:09   Link #208
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I guess Anos already planted the seed to bring Misa back. He still needs to stick around to find out why Shin betrayed him, but I think it's super obvious.
Old 2023-08-27, 16:02   Link #209
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

At the very least Misha fans can be eating well this season . On that note can we really confirm that Sasha still exists ?

Decent episode overall. Nothing too crazy. Anos trying to make use of his catchphrase even if it doesn't quite land as well now.

Lucky breaks all around. Honestly, I'm not even sure what the show is actually doing right now. But decent episode regardless. Kanon continues to power up his swordsmanship which will probably come in handy down the road.

No shock that the Goddess of Creation had a thing for Anos. Just couldn't really make the most of that with the era being what it was. Though seemed confident from her writings that she'd have a chance to fulfill it someday.

And hey saving that kid was nice .
Old 2023-08-27, 16:55   Link #210
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
At the very least Misha fans can be eating well this season . On that note can we really confirm that Sasha still exists ?
This has not been a good season for Sasha .
Old 2023-09-02, 12:50   Link #211
Frontier

Anos and Misha overhear Erdomaid/NousGhalia plotting to hijack Kanon's plan to create Avos Dilhevia and use it for their own, Anos-killing, plans. Also, Misha's panties as they're flying .

Well, yeah, figures Shin wouldn't take well to a plan to create a false Demon King and he wouldn't go along with it despite Kanon's fervent protestations. But he also can't deny that it might be the best option for keeping peace until Avos finally reincarnates. So instead of doing something, he'll just reincarnate until he sees Anos again .

It is nice to see Lay as Kanon again (and hear Ryota Ohsaka), and look at him playing wingman and making Leno realize she's in love with Shin! And in doing so he ended up kicking the love story in high gear so he could end up with a girlfriend .

Leno loves Shin. He makes her world brighter and happier, and even if he doesn't love her the same way, she still feels so strongly about him. And even if he chooses to be with Anos over her...she'll still love him. But at least have the decency to marry her Shin! And if Anos taught him anything, you need a proper wedding ceremony to get married !

It really is a beautiful ceremony, even with the CG tree officiating, and Anos even gets to attend his right-hand man's wedding incognito. And while Shin can't quite put it to words, Leno still loves him anyway. And that was a beautiful kiss .

So Shin was just wandering around coldly cutting through other warriors, warriors with loved ones, until he met Anos who could hold his own against Shin and gave Shin a purpose. And Leno can't help but be happy that Anos put Shin on the path to them meeting each other, so they could be together. And thus ensues their wedding night...and Misa's conception .

Find a wife who is pregnant with your child but is still willing to let you leave her for 2,000 years so you can carry out your loyalty to your master. But she still wants them to be a family so she wants to make sure their true love remains even after Shin reincarnates. And she'll probably have to reincarnate too because delivering Misa means killing her because having a demon child goes against her source. Poor Leno .

Of course it gets worse from there...Leno doesn't even get to give birth in peace before headless NousGhalia turns up telling her Shin was just used so God could impregnate her so they could turn Misa into Avos and have a being strong enough to kill Anos, and then they force her to give birth and basically die. Leno uses the last bit of power she has to imbue Misa with a spirit to keep her alive and safe, but she doesn't even get to hold her child in her arms before she's taken from her .

Shin slicing through NousGhalia's head isn't enough, but at least he was there for Leno's death. And he proved his genuine love for her by accepting Misa and swearing to protect her, even if it means going against Anos. He chose his love for Leno and their child over his loyalty to Anos. If only it hadn't taken him this long to realize he loved Leno .

And now after witnessing this tragedy, the main cast is left with only one thing left to do...save Misa .
Old 2023-09-02, 18:33   Link #212
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Find a wife who is pregnant with your child but is still willing to let you leave her for 2,000 years so you can carry out your loyalty to your master. But she still wants them to be a family so she wants to make sure their true love remains even after Shin reincarnates. And she'll probably have to reincarnate too because delivering Misa means killing her because having a demon child goes against her source. Poor Leno .
I don't think spirits can reincarnate, Leno's source was completely destroyed when she ended up contradicting her established lore. Buuuuut, the missing page describing Fran's lore pretty much told us Lena is Leno temporarily borrowing Fran's body so she can reunite with Shin.
Old 2023-09-03, 15:25   Link #213
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

This episode was a tear jerker. I read the book in advance and it still hurt. I can't wait for next week. But a whole episode of Asumi Kana can't be all bad.
Old 2023-09-03, 23:08   Link #214
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

A sad end to that story. Honestly a more brutal one than I could have predicted going in. A great deal was lost that's for sure. Shin even giving up on his main goal of serving Anos in his next life for the sake of protecting the child of him and Leno. A legitimate sacrifice considering how important Anos was to him.

Rough one for Leno as well. I do wonder how she would have handled things without the divine intervention that came. Would have been quite the tricky situation with Shin reincarnating and basically having to help spread that Avos rumour. But in the end she had to make a lot of tough choices in a hurry. The months she thought she had were erased instantly and she had to give everything to send Misa safely to the future.

But at least things are lined up. The truth is clear and now they can focus on doing what they can. At the very least need to save Misa.

I can't imagine how Kanon is handling all this. Had the best of intentions with how everything was looking. With the hatred that was still festering. But the rumours he started ended up being used as Misa's source and...all this played out. Just...wow.
Old 2023-09-09, 13:09   Link #215
Frontier

We're now back in the present and ready to upset things for Avos Dilhevia and make up for the tragedy of the past! Go Team Anos .

Well, yeah, you've got Misa as Avos, the Spirit King, and Anos' generals holding a bunch of people hostage....guess the team doesn't have a choice but to split up .

So the real plan was to use Anoshu's influence and the people he reincarnated 2,000 years ago, like Davidra and Igares, to pull a surprise counterattack and free all the hostages. I didn't quite see that coming, but it's nice to see that their trip to the past really did make a difference. Even having former humans and demons who hate humans working together to make a difference .

Misha continues to be OP. I mean, she just straight up turns Anos' generals into cats. Should these guys even have jobs at this point .

Anos and Lay vs Avos! Things aren't going quite as she planned, but Avos hasn't given up quite yet...even though it feels like things are crumbling around her. Though she does make Anos face off against Shin .

This confrontation was inevitable, and in fact Shin has been awaiting the reunion with his lord so Anos could finally put him out of his misery, carrying the guilt of not being there for Leno, betraying Anos, and failing his daughter all in one. But it's those feelings that make him more demon than sword, which is why he can't truly harm Anos .

But Anos understands what it means to have a father, and Shin has every right to be the father Misa has longed for, and Anos isn't going to kill him while there's still a chance for him to BE that father for her .
Old 2023-09-09, 18:47   Link #216
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It suddenly hit me that I had completely forgotten Anos' VA was changed. I guess it really wasn't that big a deal in the end...

It's nice to be back in the present. The groundwork laid by Anos in the past is paying off nicely. Very much interested in how he's going to bring Misa back, that's something I haven't figured out.

Lay being able to split himself was surprising but makes sense, I guess?

Really liked Anos and Shin's confrontation. Shin wanted to be killed by Anos himself for betraying him, but Anos tells him to live because he knows how precious an existence parents are to children, and that Misa has been longing to meet him all this time.
Old 2023-09-09, 19:57   Link #217
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Solid enough episode. Avos is honestly not making much of an impression. I think her big moves before the huge pause the show had to take was more impressive than anything she's done since the show has resumed . Her hostage plans utterly went up in smoke and her attempts to act as if she's got any advantage left is almost sad to watch .

Still it was satisfying seeing how much was done by those not in the main cast. Changing the past certainly did good. Lot of allies are here to lend their aid. They may not be insanely powerful individually, but there are enough to make all the difference in the world. It freed up Sasha and Misha to time their moves for a better moment and cleaned up things easily.

Now to just take care of Misa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It suddenly hit me that I had completely forgotten Anos' VA was changed. I guess it really wasn't that big a deal in the end...

It's nice to be back in the present. The groundwork laid by Anos in the past is paying off nicely. Very much interested in how he's going to bring Misa back, that's something I haven't figured out.

Lay being able to split himself was surprising but makes sense, I guess?

Really liked Anos and Shin's confrontation. Shin wanted to be killed by Anos himself for betraying him, but Anos tells him to live because he knows how precious an existence parents are to children, and that Misa has been longing to meet him all this time.
I'd say that's a good thing though. On my side, I haven't gone through an episode where I haven't missed the original voice . Umehara is doing his best, but it's just not as good. I try not to mention it since what good does pointing out the show being a bit worse as a result do for anything?

It's good for that to not be a big thing since it means enjoying the show more.
Old 2023-09-16, 12:29   Link #218
Frontier

It's Lay vs Avos! It's time for him to finally clean up the mess he made and save the girl he loves in the process! Even if Avos isn't going to make it easy for him...though dang it if she doesn't make a tempting offer, especially when she has Misa's lingering affection for Lay, though it's also a sign that Misa's still in there, fighting her !

I love how Nousghalia shows up all dramatically and then Anos just socks him into a wall. Anos doesn't have time for either him or Avos. It's time for Shin to get some much needed payback against God .

Nousghalia won't shut up about the word of God or how Shin should be grateful that he achieved love through the power of God, but that's not true. Shin gained love through the time he spent with Leno, and her effort to make him realize he COULD love someone, and that's the truth. Which is the perfect time for Lena to show up, reveal she's the Love God Fran, and she's been carrying Leno who takes over her body to be reunited with her husband (and daughter) and team-up against Nousghalia !

Leno using all her spirit powers to disorient and overwhelm Nousgahlia is great, Shin bringing out all his swords and cutting Nousghalia's Source to shreds with the power of Hell was absolutely satisfying. Husband and wife really brought down a God .

Lay is losing all his Sources but he won't give up, not until he frees Misa, and eventually he's able to succeed thanks to a move he learned from his future father-in-law...and he manages to split Avos and Misa! Misa is back !

Of course it's not ideal because now both Misa and Avos only have half their Sources and can't maintain themselves, but Misa is willing to die if it means stopping Avos and protecting the world that those whom she loved helped her believe in. A world where the father that loves her, the boy she loves, the Anos Fangirls, and Anos himself worked so hard to make worth living in. And Avos' faulty understanding of love can't compare to that .

Though now Avos has Venuzdnor, though with Anos, Shin, and Leno facing off against her it seems like the tables have completely turned. But why is she smiling? That's not the smile of someone losing ?!
Old 2023-09-16, 18:19   Link #219
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I love how Nousghalia shows up all dramatically and then Anos just socks him into a wall. Anos doesn't have time for either him or Avos. It's time for Shin to get some much needed payback against God .
That was my favorite moment of the episode. I burst out laughing.

I'm glad Shin and Leno got payback for what Nousgalia put them through. Nice teamwork, too.

The ending is next week already... it sure flies fast when you only have half a season to watch
Old 2023-09-16, 19:36   Link #220
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The ending is next week already... it sure flies fast when you only have half a season to watch
And doubly so because we still have another cour/season to look forward to after this one .

Tags
demon king, harem