Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-08, 22:57   Link #1041
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
BTW, I wonder if any Fate-fans have noticed that I (a former Fate-nonchalant)seem to have voted for her each time she was on a ballot this year Funny how a simple movie can improve one's partiality

Trying to avoid looking at other peoples ballots this year, but that is very welcome!

---------

Yeah, just give Tenshi the tiara already.
Old 2011-04-08, 23:24   Link #1042
Team Rocket Elite

Another impressive performance from Kanade. Azusa was being held back bu Mio but I didn't quite expect a win by this much. Hinagiku nearly manages to beat Yuki which isn't bad. It's still a sizable drop from last year but at least it doesn't look as bad as Nagi's drop. This time Ayase was slightly holding back Kuroneko but it looks like Eucliwood might really be the stronger of the two right now. They are definitely really close together in terms of strength. Maybe the latest Oreimo OVA episodes will let Kuroneko pull away. I expected more from Kirino but it looks like she isn't living up to them. I expected her to challenge Yui but in the end she lost in a close match to Yui. I'd still say Kirino has a chance at Top 16 but she's going to have to work for it. Saber manages to edge past Tomoyo. Clannad constantly putting up poor results is a bit depressing. I guess it's probably my personal bias that's setting expectations that they just can't meet. C.C. really surprised me in Group 6. I didn't think she would win let alone by the margin she won by. Mikuru also had a pretty bad performance and barely beat Nagisa. I'm not sure why but Mikuru looks quite a bit worse than she did earlier in preliminaries. A lot of weak characters in group 7. It's nice to see Nymph managed to beat three of them. Lingyin once beat Tsukasa, Ui, Yami and Kuroko. I wonder what happened that caused her to be the bottom of this group. Kuroko is even in this match so you can see a clear difference between her performance now and what she once did.
Old 2011-04-09, 00:21   Link #1043
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

I am continually disappointed... Holo always ending up in 3rd or so.

No major surprises regarding the other groups... though I personally think C.C. has drawn very favorable seeding groups.
Old 2011-04-09, 00:38   Link #1044
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Oh wow, Kanade just sweeped and bulldozed the top tier group. Can't believe none of them even came close to Kanade. Meanwhile, Fate just barely beat Yami and Ui....

I was surprised at how well Saber did, beating even Tomoyo and Nagi. I also was surprised at how Senjouhagara came up top. I don't remember her ever being strong, maybe save for when the show was running.

Either way, 1v1 match ups is almost here; hopefully things will be a bit different then.
Old 2011-04-09, 00:41   Link #1045
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

i believe azusa came close to kanade's votes. >.>
Old 2011-04-09, 01:01   Link #1046
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
I am continually disappointed... Holo always ending up in 3rd or so.

No major surprises regarding the other groups... though I personally think C.C. has drawn very favorable seeding groups.
She drew a group the round before with virtually the entire top 8 and got smashed like I said she would. She hasn't had it all her way. Besides, C.C. beat a perennial top 16 in Mikuru, a resurgent Index, another perennial competitor in Nagisa, fairly strong newcomers in Black Rock Shooter and Haruna. That final round was not an easy one for her. If the fact that Horo's numbers aren't what you want them to be is paining you, then go rustle up some voters.

And I told you, wontaek, that Azusa would benefit more from the 2-option vote. Hell, even Shana beat Mio thanks to that.
Old 2011-04-09, 01:20   Link #1047
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

All that will matter, in the end, will be one on one.

No quarter given or required?
(You will be taken home)
Old 2011-04-09, 08:02   Link #1048
ion475
にこにこにー

Well, results...

Group 1 - Well, Kanade waste no time thrashing her opponents, even though they're all top-tier material. Some people argue that Azusa-Mio split lowers their vote. On the other hand, not like it matter since chances are, people split b/t them b/c the other vote goes to Kanade...

Group 2 - Eucliwood wins over Kuroneko again. But sigh...what is Ayase doing in this group anyway? She's clearly MUCH weaker than the rest. And Victorique...sigh...

Group 3 - I'm surprise myself how popular Yui-nyan is...seriously, as much as I like her (she's my 2nd favorite in AB after Kanade), it's not the easiest job to beat Yui (Hirasawa)...

Group 4 - Sigh..Nagi...Sigh...the same person that went to J-Saimoe final twice and can't even beat Saber and Tomoyo...

Group 5 - As predictable as it gets.

Group 6 - CC continues showing false strength by winning weak groups. Seeding is about right for her, though (#25).

Group 7 - Not like it matter much, but good job, Louise, for being the only Kugimiya tsundere that can wins group XD.

Other than that, unless they change the seeding formula, we have Kanade, Biribiri, and well...Eucliwood as the top 3 seed. How? Of course, when Eucliwood don't have to face Mio (#5), Azusa (#4), etc. (Someone like Shana have to face them twice...) and is able to finish 2nd in all 3 rounds, losing to Kanade (#1), Biribiri (#2), and Shana (#6).

Then, on the other hand, even though Shana always beat Mio whenever they face each other, she's seeded lower (#6 v. #5).

Conclusion? Seeding means, well, nothing...other than showing how insane Kanade is.
Old 2011-04-09, 11:18   Link #1049
broken270
Defying gravity

So, Kanade gets 1300 over Azusa. Despite a possible split vote, I really think it does not mattter and Kanade would still be able to defeat her and Mio if taken one on one. Of course, I could be wrong once regular season comes. Sad to see that my girls from Clannad are doing poorly, but it is expected. Eucliwood and Ruri have potentially equal scores, but Eu edged over her. It will be interesting if they meet each other singularly in Regular season where there is no one there to stop this match.
Old 2011-04-09, 12:26   Link #1050
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
She drew a group the round before with virtually the entire top 8 and got smashed like I said she would. She hasn't had it all her way. Besides, C.C. beat a perennial top 16 in Mikuru, a resurgent Index, another perennial competitor in Nagisa, fairly strong newcomers in Black Rock Shooter and Haruna. That final round was not an easy one for her. If the fact that Horo's numbers aren't what you want them to be is paining you, then go rustle up some voters.

And I told you, wontaek, that Azusa would benefit more from the 2-option vote. Hell, even Shana beat Mio thanks to that.
It was simply an observation/opinion on my part... I wasn't trying to bash her.

As for rustling up other supporters, I am kind of an island of anime interest among my friends and colleagues, and unfortunately I just don't have the time to commit to a new MAD/AMV (besides the fact that my Mac has started to act up on me and will likely need to be wiped).

But anyway, I was not trying to ruffle any feathers... sorry if I did.

This vote splitting doesn't surprise me, but man can it be a killer!
Old 2011-04-09, 14:08   Link #1051
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Conclusion? Seeding means, well, nothing...other than showing how insane Kanade is.
Yep; seeding only provides a very rough estimate of the contestants' strength so that regular season scheduling can be based on something more concrete than random.org. Neither can it factor in changes in strength during 5 months of regular season, so all hope is not lost.

It does provide alot of entertainment though to see people rage at Kanade and despair at results!
Old 2011-04-09, 19:53   Link #1052
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
We are currently having our very first ISML Seitokai ever, so if you want to participate, head over to the ISML Forums. :P
Old 2011-04-11, 08:18   Link #1053
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
What's a Seitokai? Wikipedia says Seitokai no Ichizen is Student Council's Discretion, are you making a student council or discretion?
Old 2011-04-11, 10:28   Link #1054
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

生徒会【せいとかい】
(n) student council
Old 2011-04-12, 04:08   Link #1055
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Jeez... I don't participate in ISML for a while then come back to check results and see that Mio, Azusa and Yui get K-owned by the Angel Beats cast. Must be because Mio won the tiara last year eh?
Old 2011-04-12, 04:50   Link #1056
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We will see better when it is one on one.
Old 2011-04-12, 07:24   Link #1057
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Tenshi might win after beating Biribiri last round. She's on fire this time beating all those top contenders.
A surprising performance I've been seeing though is Eu who managed to grab second place this round on Biribiri's group. For a newcomer who's fanbase is just developing (Tenshi is well developed, she had almost a year to prepare), that's some potential.
Old 2011-04-12, 23:20   Link #1058
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

i'm giving up on this year's ISML. i won't get any of my bets to win against kanade. tch! how pathetic. DX

i'm just gonna wait for J-saimoe.
Old 2011-04-13, 01:26   Link #1059
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
Demi is an optimist compared to you.
Old 2011-04-13, 01:48   Link #1060
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
i'm giving up on this year's ISML. i won't get any of my bets to win against kanade. tch! how pathetic. DX

It's the people who don't give up and actively vote against the top that makes them lose their strength, you know.

(Not that I'd want anyone to anti-vote Kanade)
Closed Thread

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament