AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-09, 11:22   Link #41
strategos

only 25 episodes? that's rather short. I hope they could go even further.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 23:10   Link #42
ChainLegacy
廉頗

They zipped through this fight, but it was good in my opinion. I agree with some of you who are saying this isn't one of the best fights, but with it so compressed in this anime version I actually liked it a lot more than the manga version.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 06:52   Link #43
anime fan99

After watching the episode I think Ippo depends on the Dempsey Roll too much he needs more than one ace the hole
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 04:53   Link #44
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
After watching the episode I think Ippo depends on the Dempsey Roll too much he needs more than one ace the hole
That's addressed in the 3rd episode, which is hilarious, btw. Aoki is awesome as usual, i really like his relationship with Kimura. Typical bros.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 19:22   Link #45
noir senshi
Escapist Extraordinaire

Hahahaha Aoki is so funny. I don't think I've seen many shows that are consistently as good seasons 1 to 3 like HnI.
noir senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 22:00   Link #46
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Things are really starting to heat up for the third season of Hajime no Ippo. Great to see Vorg back. Been a long time since I read this part of the manga, so the details of what comes next are a bit fuzzy for me, but one thing is for sure, I can't wait for this fight. I think Sawamura will find that Ippo is the toughest piece of meat he's ever tried to bite.
Old 2013-11-25, 01:10   Link #47
noir senshi
Escapist Extraordinaire

Does anyone know how well this third season of HnI is being received in Japan? I hope the activity of this thread isn't reflective of it because I would love more Ippo after this season.
noir senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 02:35   Link #48
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir senshi View Post
I hope the activity of this thread isn't reflective of it because I would love more Ippo after this season.
Nah, this is typical "sports show in an english-speaking forum" response, even Kuroko no Basket, a newer series and with fujoshi appeal, has few posts here. There's also the fact that most western fans who watch the anime also read the manga, so that hurts the discussion too.

I'm sure it's doing as well as New Challenger did.
Old 2013-11-30, 16:43   Link #49
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Sad to have Volg back for only slight more than 1 episode.

Wonder whether we will eventually get to watch Volg's world title match animated in the future.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 23:08   Link #50
HandofFate

what manga chapter is episode 9?
Want to go back and reread for comparison.
Old 2013-12-19, 02:28   Link #51
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
I discovered this show by accident....During my one month trial of Crunchy Roll..and holy crap this has surprised me....I was expecting to continue watching the whole series on Crunchy but I come to find out....This is a ongoing series right now, and I just watched all the episodes that aired. O_O

Well now I have another anime to watch next to Sekai de Tsuyoku naritai. >_<
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 14:57   Link #52
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
what manga chapter is episode 9?
Want to go back and reread for comparison.
I suggest checking from Chapter 461~462 (it has the Aoki-gumi introduction & hints Vorg's return, plus some slights differences).

469 has Vorg finding Ippo for the first time (oh, and that would be "volume 52") ----- and the opening scene of episode 9 can be seen in -I think- chapter 473, that's on "volume 53".

Spoiler:
Old 2014-01-04, 23:52   Link #53
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
I discovered this show by accident....During my one month trial of Crunchy Roll..and holy crap this has surprised me....I was expecting to continue watching the whole series on Crunchy but I come to find out....This is a ongoing series right now, and I just watched all the episodes that aired. O_O

Well now I have another anime to watch next to Sekai de Tsuyoku naritai. >_<
Did you already check out the original series and the sequel? The original run is one of my favorite anime series of all time. Of course, the new stuff is just as good, but the original is a classic by now and you definitely don't want to miss it if you like what you've seen in the current series.

Anyways, I loved how they handled this fight, a little different from the manga if I remember correctly, but if anything it was even better. Ippo's determination is just too brutally powerful even for those fueled by pure hatred.
Old 2014-01-05, 00:12   Link #54
HandofFate

lol @ Sendo's line
"Ippos punches pick you up" or something like that.

Yea okay, pretty much, other than Sendo, Mashiba, and Miyata, everyone Ippo beat ended up retiring due to how much of an asspunching he gave them.
Old 2014-01-05, 06:49   Link #55
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
lol @ Sendo's line
"Ippos punches pick you up" or something like that.

Yea okay, pretty much, other than Sendo, Mashiba, and Miyata, everyone Ippo beat ended up retiring due to how much of an asspunching he gave them.
Yeah, but two of them fought each other for the Junior Featherweight belt. (Even if the winner retired soon after getting it.) And you forgot Volg.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 11:29   Link #56
ditn

epic just epic nothing more to say about it
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 14:49   Link #57
sayde

What a great end to a great battle. As a anime-viewer only, I was impressed. Definitely felt good to see Ippo get this one. Though I do wonder if Ippo will eventually learn a secondary main weapon that's got nothing to do with the dempsey roll. Because this fight did prove that he can deal with counters. So perhaps he can develop a new anti-counter weapon? Something that doesn't put as much strain on the body as the anti-anti-dempsey roll?
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 14:54   Link #58
Kavaron

What an awesome fight that was. The music theme going with the final blows during the anti-anti dempsey was also perfects. That final fight scene where he knocked out the challenger gave me the goosebumps. This series is so underrated. Should have been much more popular.
Kavaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 17:55   Link #59
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

They left out important parts from the manga out. Like sawamura spitting on his teachers face etc. Etc. Hmm
Old 2014-01-12, 01:48   Link #60
Goty

Strong and emotional episode this week.

But of course, it's Ippo, so it was funny too. Takamura ruining the pages (just to run away) and mocking "crippled" Ippo were gold.

Tags
boxing, shounen, sports