AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-11-26, 08:00   Link #61
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
Haha, and as far as I've read in the web novel version, the whole thing seems to go like that. It feels very similar to Spice and Wolf or Maoyu where the main focus is more on their normal everyday lives rather than the other world fantasy elements. The real draws of the story are Aura's politicking, her evolving relationship with Zenjirou, and how Zenjirou's common knowledge of modern day Earth influences the development of Aura's world.
Hopefully the next chapter will have some actual story, and not just be about Zenjirou setting up his appliances in Aura's Palace.

Somehow I seriously doubt that much will happen though.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 08:06   Link #62
ComaLoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post
Hopefully the next chapter will have some actual story, and not just be about Zenjirou setting up his appliances in Aura's Palace.

Somehow I seriously doubt that much will happen though.
It will SURELY have him setting it up... what we can hope is that the process doesn't take more than half the chapter ^^'

the concept of this LN is surely refreshing... up to chapter 2 I was totally drawn in... but that chapter full of redundant explanation really killed the momentum a lot...

Still pretty interesting and I'm eager to see if that was only a slip on the author side or will be the trend every time something from our world is introduced... (just to be clear... giving an explanation of what and why it is being introduced is good... going in depth on how it can change things is also REALLY good... but this time it was just a redudant description... he thinking... he thinking... he thinking again... that he getting it... and he explaining once again why he chose that...)
ComaLoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 09:07   Link #63
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
It feels very similar to Spice and Wolf or Maoyu where the main focus is more on their normal everyday lives rather than the other world fantasy elements.
Well, it was bad in the beginning since that "reality" isn't what we wanted or expected. Even if it happens later it will at least be in the new world & it's part of the world building as we the readers also learn alongside the MC (hopefully).

Also while such elements were in Spice & Wolf, at least there the constant witty remarks & flirting between Horo & Laurence in between the expositions were nicely done that you were absorbing it at a nice pace as well as getting amused at the interactions between the two.

Yes, I did enjoy Spice & Wolf, and yes I loved the ending as well. For me, it was a fun journey & a satisfying end).
Old 2014-11-26, 09:27   Link #64
Lazaroth

"is this novel will be a harem novel .... or will be reverse-harem novel" -assmdxd

That reverse-harem really catch my attention. Can something explain about it?

Did queen will marry another guy, then what happen to the mc? Polygamy? That gross
Lazaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 09:57   Link #65
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazaroth View Post
Did queen will marry another guy, then what happen to the mc? Polygamy? That gross
I hope that's not double standard I'm reading...
Old 2014-11-26, 10:30   Link #66
bearzerger

Quote:
"is this novel will be a harem novel .... or will be reverse-harem novel" -assmdxd

The Queen certainly won't marry someone else. The very reason why she looked for her husband in a different world is because if she had married someone from her own due to the patriarchic nature of her kingdom she would have ended as a mere ornament on his arm without any real power. Moreover while people expect a powerful man to have a concubine or two a woman certainly can't do the same.
bearzerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 14:36   Link #67
VooXoo

A queen with a harem is totally normal in certain countries but thankfully is not in this one.
This is a country with a tradition of kings commanding and seems like the previous queens never done anything too great or too little, they simple toke the baton and then passed it.
Aura is not like them, she wants to reorganize the country after the war, she rightly thinks a husband from her world would take all the power and screw up the country in its already weak state, but she was forced to take one and in desperation decided to bet on the runaway ancestors.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 18:54   Link #68
Lazaroth

So, this story will lead mc to become :-

a) politician
b) hero
c) wise king
d) scientiest
e) engineer
f) magician/wizard
g) god
h) royal breeder
i) good husband
j) hikikomori king
Old 2014-11-26, 19:33   Link #69
SinsI

One strange thing about that world is that royalty seems to be monogamous - if the more magicians you have the stronger the country, and magic is originating from bloodlines, you don't want to turn into Hapsburgs - you want harems.
It's the same problem that bothered me in Mahouka.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 20:32   Link #70
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
One strange thing about that world is that royalty seems to be monogamous - if the more magicians you have the stronger the country, and magic is originating from bloodlines, you don't want to turn into Hapsburgs - you want harems.
It's the same problem that bothered me in Mahouka.
That actually isn't true. The Inner Sanctum that Zenjirou lives in was built to house the previous kings' concubines (Normally other men older than the age of five aren't even allowed in), so harems for royalty are perfectly normal in this world.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 20:43   Link #71
assmdxd

Quote:

i agree with you that"s gross
i just don't like how the thing is going now

a man and only his job is make a child
i think ... ...may be things will not going as Aura like
i want really want to see her fell for him and be some how Jealous of other girls
even after make achild ......

so cool

Last edited by assmdxd; 2014-11-26 at 20:55.
assmdxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 07:59   Link #72
popske

so does he get to learn any powers? would love to see what he does with them
popske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 10:37   Link #73
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by popske View Post
He starts learning magic for the sake of using his bloodline's space-time power after he's lived there for a little while, but don't expect results anytime soon. It usually takes about three years for a person to be able to use magic freely after they start training and Zenjirou isn't the cheat type of character that levels up abnormally fast.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 10:37   Link #74
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by popske View Post
He does have a "head of branch family" level of space&time magic.

AFAIK, he uses it to
Spoiler:
Old 2014-11-28, 02:41   Link #75
Lazaroth

Beside mc, are there other person being summoned?
Old 2014-11-28, 04:54   Link #76
VooXoo

I have a suspect the female cousin could appear in future.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-28, 05:03   Link #77
bearzerger

Wasn't it said that the stellar configuration didn't allow for traveling to the mc's world for thirty years? Unless there's some ancient artifact I don't see how any of the mc's family to show up.
bearzerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-28, 05:08   Link #78
real123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
He does have a "head of branch family" level of space&time magic.

AFAIK, he uses it to
Spoiler:
So is that the limit of his power or he needs further training
real123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-28, 05:41   Link #79
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearzerger View Post
Wasn't it said that the stellar configuration didn't allow for traveling to the mc's world for thirty years? Unless there's some ancient artifact I don't see how any of the mc's family to show up.
I think that the right conditions reduce mana expense by a lot so it is best to do at these times. You can still try other times but it will be way harder.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-28, 06:52   Link #80
SinsI

They might have more worlds to summon from, with only a few being close to their plane at a time.
This might also be the way to overcome the constellation limit - instead of moving directly to Earth, they can jump to another world that is closer, and move to Earth from there.

Tags
harem, politics, riajuu, romance, transported