Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-01-05, 14:23   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

It would have been perfect.. IF...

Often I happen to come across to some anime that are near the perfection but there's one spot where they actually miss. So I'm inviting you all to make a list of your personal judgements.

Some examples? Well,

Suzuka would have been perfect imho, IF it wasn't for those poor animations. What a shame that such a great product has to be delivered with such a low budget and art production. Actually it alternates some acceptable quality moments to total fall down moments. Unfortunately there's not an order on these. So you could have a key scene with bad animations, or a slice life scene being well made.

Then, back of some years , Spiral ~ Suiri no Kizuna, a sort of X-Files made onto anime, one of the most fascinating thrilling story I've seen. It'd have been perfect IF

Spoiler for warning, plot revealing:

Uta~Kata, to me one of the most blatant examples of wasted potential on recent times. So beautifully done both on package and realization, it would have been perfect IF

These were the first coming to my mind, I'm sure there is plenty of them.

Attention:

a) Use the spoiler tags [spoiler] your comment [/spoiler]

Spoiler:

Use them if you are going to reveal something about the story or anything you guess that a person who hasn't seen that show yet shouldn't be aware of.

b) You could list many anime as you want, but watch out. You have just 1 (one) big IF for every title you actually mention.
This to avoid a flood, I think it's pointless since saying "anime abcdefgh would have been perfect if, if and if , because if such a thing happens we're no longer near the so called "perfection", don't you think ?
And if you point to the plot, which is indeed big, usually, try to focus on a single element. If they are more.. well, read point "b" again

Last edited by xris; 2006-01-05 at 15:43.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 15:45   Link #2
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Ok, let me talk about Shuffle here.
While not perfect, it was still a great series, but it would've been better without the following flaws:

- they totally messed up the ending (ep.21,22,23... have yet to see 24, but I fear it won't be any better). It really would've deserved much better
- Nerine having red eyes with her blue hairs - *awful* combination This threw me off I dunno how many times. They should've given her blue eyes instead!
- ugly black overknee socks They should've used the standard white ones, or at least nicely coloured ones, but not ugly black!

I won't speak about the characters here, look in the Shuffle forum for that.
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 19:42   Link #3
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

NaruTaru suffered budget problems but that's no excuse for them jumping all over the timeline, introducing interresting characters and then ditching them without resolution and leaving you with nothing but assumptions. If they'd just focused on a story arc and saw it all the way through it (not counting the final arc) it would've been way better.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 23:07   Link #4
suguru
京都 ikitai~

I think Urusei Yatsura could have been perfect if...

Spoiler:

And I hear you on Spiral, I was staring at the screen in disbelief after the last episode...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 23:15   Link #5
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Cowboy Bebop This anime had everything great animation , great story , great characters , dreamy main character, great music and had the best dubbing ever.

But it would of been perfect if ..
Spoiler:
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 00:26   Link #6
Ilpalazzo-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha rave
Cowboy Bebop This anime had everything great animation , great story , great characters , dreamy main character, great music and had the best dubbing ever.

But it would of been perfect if ..
Spoiler:
Answer to the spoiler question:
Spoiler:
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 00:52   Link #7
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Spoiler:
well yes but still ..

Spoiler:
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 01:51   Link #8
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I personally found that Wind ~A Breath of Heart~ would have served a lot better as a 13 episode series. Same with Mizuiro 2003 or the 4 episode OAV Natsuiro no Sunadeki. All of these held enough potential to be a very decent bishoujo game to anime conversion, if only bottlenecked by its length.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 01:52   Link #9
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
Then, back of some years , Spiral ~ Suiri no Kizuna, a sort of X-Files made onto anime, one of the most fascinating thrilling story I've seen. It'd have been perfect IF

As for Spiral, once I would have agreed with you. Now I am glad it ended the way it did.
Spoiler for Ending of Spiral:

I think that the worst failure of an ending was Full Metal Alchemist
Spoiler for End of FMA:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 03:16   Link #10
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
Ok, let me talk about Shuffle here.
While not perfect, it was still a great series, but it would've been better without the following flaws:
Imho, Shuffle would be one of those show needing a ton of if to arrive near the perfection. So I wouldn't include it on this list. Because to me it does have a lot of major flaws.
But as said this is imho, so your call is well accepted indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
I personally found that Wind ~A Breath of Heart~ would have served a lot better as a 13 episode series. Same with Mizuiro 2003 or the 4 episode OAV Natsuiro no Sunadeki. All of these held enough potential to be a very decent bishoujo game to anime conversion, if only bottlenecked by its length.
Uhm, but Wind ~A Breath of Heart~ actually is a 13 episode series, and with 3 OVA, 2 of them being fansubbed.
I agree on both Mizuiro and Natsuiro no Sunadokei (which is 2 episodes, btw). The second one most, such a fascinating story deserved a longer development. We see shows unlimitedly worse, that are developed over our patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
As for Spiral, once I would have agreed with you. Now I am glad it ended the way it did.
Spoiler for Ending of Spiral:
Oh yes, thank you for having recalled that to me.
I remember in fact I came across that thread while surfing the manga section before the disaster. I just had a brief look at it, I remember there was this so very long post and I promised myself to read it properly the next time. But who could know that post was going to disappear from Earth's face?

For what I can recall
Spoiler for Spiral manga Ending + Anime thoughts:
Old 2006-01-06, 03:28   Link #11
jedinat

Quote:
Spoiler for End of FMA:
I agree completely.
Spoiler:
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 04:50   Link #12
furigana
Eurekaaaaaa!!!

KareKano would have been damn near perfect if they had made a second season to finish it off properly.. the problem is, IIRC the manga finished only last year, so I think it's actually better off how it is now instead of a thought-up ending that's different from the manga.
furigana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 05:51   Link #13
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

If DBZ ended after Frieza Saga *always love ending a series w/ a cliffhanger not knowing what really happened* or ending after Cell Games would of been acceptable too

If DBGT was NEVER conceived

If G Gundam didn't have a Sailor Moon Gundam...*Neo Sweden,* the uber cheesy ending could of been done better as well

If Suzuka didn't have such crappy animations *it's a 26 episode series...there's no need to be lazy*, anyone remember the uber crap running to the stair scene w/ Akitski? he was running, but it barely looked like he was moving...and I think I mispelled his name, lol. I think the ending is gonna be rushed...

If Ichigo 100% series wasn't super rushed and stayed more w/ the manga

If Naruto wouldn't have 1 billion filler episodes

If Chad was made stronger...*I mean come on, how often do you see a mexican in a anime series that almost has a main character role!?*

If Trinity Blood and Speed Grapher weren't licensed so friggin fast... T_T

If GSD didn't have so many recap episodes...especially at ep 47 =\

If Trigun didn't have such a crap ending...

If Love Hina made episodes of the last few manga books
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 07:37   Link #14
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by furigana
KareKano would have been damn near perfect if they had made a second season to finish it off properly.. the problem is, IIRC the manga finished only last year, so I think it's actually better off how it is now instead of a thought-up ending that's different from the manga.
Actually, the primary reason Kare Kano went to shat is the director leaving halfway through. Hence, we get two crappy review eps back to back, followed by about 8-10 episodes that are nowhere near the quality of the first lot. That really sucked. Also, there apparently isn't going to be a second season (unless something totally radical happens), which sucks even more. I'd call it a masterpiece if it wasn't for these facts.

And agreed on the points already raised about Suzuka, FMA and Uta~Kata.

Side note - leave Nerine's eyes alone, red with blue hair is a perfect combo
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 08:51   Link #15
Eclipze

Quote:
And I thought that title belonged to GSD...
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 12:13   Link #16
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
And I thought that title belonged to GSD...
I think GSD itself is a failure of an entire series. FMA had its strong moments that can hook, while for me I'm still struggling to finish GSD.

I think Gundam Seed would have been perfect IF Gundam Seed Destiny didn't exist. The first Gundam Seed story concluded good enough IMO, and I would have wanted it to be left that way.
Old 2006-01-06, 12:57   Link #17
Ending

@ suguru

It's the same thing as with Inuyasha, OMG, and other hugely popular series; they are simply too popular for the producers to "waste" by giving an official ending. You never know when Urusei Yatsura might become pop again, so better give quantity instead of quality, no?

Personally, I think out of those 200+ episodes just 10 is enough for you to see everything there is to see. Incidentally, this, too, is the same with majority of hugely popular series, no matter the genre. Popularity = death of creativity. Or then the original designers are just plain greedy and weak.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 13:15   Link #18
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz
If DBZ ended after Frieza Saga *always love ending a series w/ a cliffhanger not knowing what really happened* or ending after Cell Games would of been acceptable too.
Personally, I preferred if the series ended after the Cell Games, since
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-06, 13:22   Link #19
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Mahoromatic s2

Spoiler:

Chrno Crusade
Spoiler:

these are 2 shows that get screwed in the final episode

Last edited by NightbatŪ; 2006-01-06 at 15:13.
NightbatŪ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 16:38   Link #20
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I'm going to add now a title which imho was *really* going to be perfect, this time. In facts, I've rated it 9.8/10, which is near Ten, but it's not Ten.

Fruits Basket, ok imho this one really rocks, it had them all, an amazing set of characters which perfectly interacted between them, a well thought story, with a lot of lessons about life, a refreshing pace and a sense of maturity spreaded all around the series. Plus, the hilarity, the wonderful voice acting, the fitting animations and the sweet musics.
It would really have been perfect, if..

Why... guess why..

Spoiler for Fruits Basket Ending: