AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-08-21, 23:36   Link #3241
ferthepoet

Quick question, do you guys think theres any significance to the fact Maria's Llife/death status wasnīt check by Kyrieīs group during the phone conversation, I canīt imagine what significance it coudl have but I donīt think Ryu would do such an obvious mistake.

Also have anyone else thought that Kyrie message to Battler when he told him to believe might have been because the culprit beliefs s/he is a witch, in other words, if Battler was applying turning the chessboard over, then trying to think as a human oponent then he would reach wrong conclusions, if he turns the chess board over and start thinking like a witch then he might be able to suceed in getting in the culprits head....

despite what others have said in the thread Iīm still bother by Kinzo saying that he only got a Grand son from each of his children.... The whole ignoring of Ange can only be explained as bad writing or having an in game significance.. I hope is the later.... it specially bothers me that Piece battler never stops to wonder he has just become dad to a 6 year old after Kyrie and Rudolf die which I think owuld be the main concern of someone in his position, Iīm also bothered Kyrie didnīt give Battler a message for Ange before ding or asked Battler o take care of Ange.

I think Jessica killed Kinzo but she doesnīt know maybe they had a fight she had an astmha attack so she didnt notice he had died, her parents told her to stay away from him and hid the corpse. The support for this is that he appears in the cauldron room every single time unless Natushi and Krauss both die in the first twilight, makes sense that when murders start happening they realize a police investigation would happen and Jessica could be outed as his killer so they decide to make it look like he was killed by the same person who killed all the other, of course they canīt do this if they are both among the first to die
ferthepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 15:41   Link #3242
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I didn't know where to ask this, but I have doubt.

Can anybody explain me why Eva calls Natsuhi "neesan" even though she's older? Shouldn't she call her imouto or simply Natsuhi-san?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 15:48   Link #3243
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I didn't know where to ask this, but I have doubt.

Can anybody explain me why Eva calls Natsuhi "neesan" even though she's older? Shouldn't she call her imouto or simply Natsuhi-san?
"Nee-san" simply means "sister". You're thinking of "onee-san", which is "big sister".
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 15:51   Link #3244
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
"Nee-san" simply means "sister". You're thinking of "onee-san", which is "big sister".
Which is totally wrong.

Onee-san, nee-san are "basically" the same thing.
Old 2009-08-22, 16:03   Link #3245
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

It's because Natsuhi is married to Krauss, who is Eva's older brother.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 16:05   Link #3246
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Exactly, the "o" is simply an onorific you can find everywhere. It's like "bento" and "obento" (although in this came the "o" implies you are talking about someone else's bento).

maybe I should ask this in the thread about japanese language, or maybe japanese culture?

I was wondering if it is because Natsuhi is married to Eva's older brother then she automatically acquire the older status? That sounds strange to me, but maybe that's why °°;

EDIT (mahomomninjaed):

So you confirm that? I mean are you totally sure or is it just an guess as I also had?

Old 2009-08-22, 16:13   Link #3247
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Which is totally wrong.

Onee-san, nee-san are "basically" the same thing.
Okay, I'm an idiot.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 16:18   Link #3248
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I was wondering if it is because Natsuhi is married to Eva's older brother then she automatically acquire the older status? That sounds strange to me, but maybe that's why °°;
This happens in China, don't know about Japan, but it would make sense.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 16:18   Link #3249
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Okay, I'm an idiot.
We are all

@Jan-Poo were was it actually said that Natsuhi is younger than Eva
Old 2009-08-22, 17:27   Link #3250
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Eva says she's three years older than Natsuhi in episode 1.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 22:08   Link #3251
_dk

Forgive me for asking, are there English translations for the out-of-game TIPS for EP4?
_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 22:15   Link #3252
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dk View Post
Forgive me for asking, are there English translations for the out-of-game TIPS for EP4?
The ones translated are Stakes Valentines, Tanabata Day, Beato's White Day, Gohda's handbook and I think there's one more I can't remember right now.

The most recent one is "Arigato for 556" featuring the Siestas, which came out with EP 5.

EDIT: Oh now I remember. There's Lambda's diary, Bern's letters and Anti-Fantasy vs Anti-Mystery.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 22:26   Link #3253
_dk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
The ones translated are Stakes Valentines, Tanabata Day, Beato's White Day, Gohda's handbook and I think there's one more I can't remember right now.

The most recent one is "Arigato for 556" featuring the Siestas, which came out with EP 5.

EDIT: Oh now I remember. There's Lambda's diary, Bern's letters and Anti-Fantasy vs Anti-Mystery.
Where can they be found? I managed to stumble upon the diary, the letter, and the anti-fantasy vs anti-mystery, but I don't think I can sift through another hundred pages of posts.....
_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 22:35   Link #3254
Marion
The Great Dine

Well here's Stakes Valentine Day and the sequel Beato's White Day.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 22:58   Link #3255
Kets

Is anyone translating Arigato for 556?
Kets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 08:20   Link #3256
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kets View Post
Is anyone translating Arigato for 556?
I'd really love to read that, it looks like the most interesting extra TIP so far. ^^

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 23:58   Link #3257
ferthepoet

Can anyone explain what these extra tips are?
ferthepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 00:05   Link #3258
Littledgn
Nyeh~

Wiki "Umineko", they explain all the translated one thus far, I believe.
Littledgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 20:43   Link #3259
Escargotage
I want to believe.

I found a translated version of Gohda's notebook on Google if anyone is interested. I'm not sure if it's been posted here already.

I tried placing it in a spoiler tag, but I keep getting the "your message is too short, please lengthen it to 10 characters." error. Hrmm.
Old 2009-08-24, 21:20   Link #3260
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

the character count doesn't take in consideration anything that is inside the "quote" tag, that's probably why.

Anyway the gohda's notebook has been posted already. I think there should be a topic or someplace where these things should be listed with links to the translations. right now they are all dispersed.