AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 11 19.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 15.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 43.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 12.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-24, 17:38   Link #121
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
As much as i like all the doom and gloom theories and how exciting such developments seem ... i can not, for the life of me, picture any of the main cast kicking the bucket. This just doesn't seem the series to do so. I can see all sorts of betrayals, mindrapes and what not happening, but in the end our heroes armed with friendship (aka superior firepower) are going to prevail
Hear hear! . I'm betting the one who kicks the bucket in the end will be Genya. Like previously stated (by Chaos ) he's the most prone to go and take a peek in God's Kingdom

Let the Starlight Breaker-ing BEGIN!
Old 2007-06-24, 17:48   Link #122
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

A King will perish doesn't neccesarily imply literal death of a King. Like all prophecy mumbo-jumbo, words are always cryptic in 2 ways or 3. Even if the King refers to Hayate, it could simply mean that Hayate would eventually lose her position as RF6's leader or even within TSAB. It has the possibility of working in-hand with Regius's current attempts to find dirt on Hayate. In other words, the King simply loses his throne and place as a King, but not the life.

However, even if "King" Hayate dies, it's not like the subjects will betray her or change allegiance. The Wolkies will stick to Hayate be it life or death, Nanoha and Fate are friends, and well...the rest, are young, idealistic and stupid....probably.

Of course, this only applies IF Hayate is King. She's not the sole user of AB, she's not the highest person in TSAB, and it's implied she's not even the most powerful strength-wise in TSAB, so there's a lot of different leeways around.

Last but not least...what's the greatest prophechy cliche ever? Prophecies are meant to be defied and changed. Be it with the power of courage, love, friendship, whatever...

And lookie here...what looks like will be Graham's only (( hopefully not )) StrikerS-related appearance (( pictures, but I'm easily satisfied )). And yes...it does have the "Graham may be dead" vibe. Well... even if that's the case, that's life.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-24, 17:48   Link #123
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Hear hear! . I'm betting the one who kicks the bucket in the end will be Genya. Like previously stated (by Chaos ) he's the most prone to go and take a peek in God's Kingdom

Let the Starlight Breaker-ing BEGIN!
If so, they're really smoke-screening their intentions well

Tossing their main characters all the way up front to throw us of track...
Old 2007-06-24, 17:54   Link #124
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah cryptic prophecies and things like that can really let you go all over the place with them. Something like a King could perish. Well a King is a source of power and absolute authority. Ruling over its subjects, making laws and generally just being the great power. Does the King in this case have to be a person like Hayte? Or are we simply talking about the fall of TSAB? Guys like Regius certainly seem to think of it as a ruling force. Could just be depicting the fall of TSAB.

I just can't see them getting rid of Chrono. This show has done a great job of giving doom and death for a majority of characters. First we have the death of Nanoha, and now all of this kind stuff going on.
Old 2007-06-24, 17:56   Link #125
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
I lol'ed when fate said onii-chan to chrono, he got that embarassed face
then he goes .. we arent children anymore

i am surprised that elio knows about the F project
Old 2007-06-24, 18:02   Link #126
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
As much as i like all the doom and gloom theories and how exciting such developments seem ... i can not, for the life of me, picture any of the main cast kicking the bucket. This just doesn't seem the series to do so. I can see all sorts of betrayals, mindrapes and what not happening, but in the end our heroes armed with friendship (aka superior firepower) are going to prevail
well non of the majors may die but think about the minors...vice, ginga, erio etc ~ would make the story a lot more interesting

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-24, 18:02   Link #127
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
I lol'ed when fate said onii-chan to chrono, he got that embarassed face
then he goes .. we arent children anymore
And it'll be two days before the chinese subs comes up ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
i am surprised that elio knows about the F project
I guess either Fate had told him, or he already knows from the very start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well non of the majors may die but think about the minors...vice, ginga, erio etc ~ would make the story a lot more interesting
You just want to see Caro cry, don't you?

()
Old 2007-06-24, 18:12   Link #128
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Was honestly surprised they threw in the onii-chan part. Chrono's face was just priceless.

But yeah Fate probably clued him in somewhere along the way. Unless while he was in the lab they informed him what he was apart of. But yeah if Fate has the memories of Alicia, and Vivio probably has memories of someone as well, have to wonder about Erio in that.

With this series I just have a hard time seeing any of the forwards getting killed. Suppose anything can happen, but I doubt they'd go and make Caro upset like that.
Old 2007-06-24, 18:13   Link #129
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

()
But of course! Loli's are just that much more adorable when equipped with the Power of Tears!

@ Fuyu no Sora:

Re: The King

I've gone over the thread and realized that you're right - Chrono's unlikely due to the popular factor; Lindy's practically nonexistent, "Grandma" could probably blow up a planet; and Carim = Admiral. I don't think that Genya's the "King;" not enough authority. "A King will Perish" is probably a metaphor after all.
Old 2007-06-24, 18:13   Link #130
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
just got finished
but what did Hayate say at the end ? it made me shiver for some reason ...
Old 2007-06-24, 18:19   Link #131
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

()
it will be a passing phase...next thing you know she will be the next yami no sho after her limiter breaks and tears into the main base of whoever that is crazy enough to have been responsible for his death...and when that is all done we have another free loli up for grabs! the death of one can make so many other feel that much more happier ^.^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-24, 18:27   Link #132
kari-no-sugata

"onii-chan"

Seems a lot of peoples' brains froze when they heard Fate say "onii-chan"... to the extent that they didn't hear her call him "Chrono" just afterwards

Basically, she was definitely teasing him.

(Ahh, true fan-service...)

PS When Hayate saw Nanoha having trouble with Vivio, she commented "So even the Ace of Aces has an unbeatable opponent"
Old 2007-06-24, 18:30   Link #133
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

As far as the "King" speculation goes, having one of the previous or current primary cast die would seem to me to not fit in with the way the Nanoha franchise has gone so far.

And for Carim's prophecy in general, I believe Nanoha & Company will end up invoking the 33rd rule of the If I Become A Magical Girl list:

"I will not try to defy prophecy, as that never works. Rather, I will find a way to manipulate said prophecy to my favor."
Old 2007-06-24, 18:34   Link #134
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
But of course! Loli's are just that much more adorable when equipped with the Power of Tears!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
it will be a passing phase...next thing you know she will be the next yami no sho after her limiter breaks and tears into the main base of whoever that is crazy enough to have been responsible for his death...and when that is all done we have another free loli up for grabs! the death of one can make so many other feel that much more happier ^.^
And people thought I was evil...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Seems a lot of peoples' brains froze when they heard Fate say "onii-chan"... to the extent that they didn't hear her call him "Chrono" just afterwards

Basically, she was definitely teasing him.

(Ahh, true fan-service...)
So... Fate has the habit of teasing Chrono...

... This might work in my favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
PS When Hayate saw Nanoha having trouble with Vivio, she commented "So even the Ace of Aces has an unbeatable opponent"
AH HA! SEE?! I was right!

Nanoha's not go with kids
Old 2007-06-24, 18:39   Link #135
Tier_Heulen

I don't know why but I get a feeling the church can't be trusted. Could it be that Carim's vision is in fact an atempt to create in fighting TSAB. If one of the Three Admirals were now to die (maybe secretly killed by the church) there would be chaos. The TSAB would now looks extremly guilty of being corupt after the content of this episode's 'vision'.
Making Hayate (and by extention RF6) choose between 'her people' and TSAB. So if RF6 were to fight the 'corupt' TSAB both would be majorly drained. Making the only group with enough clout to do the job afterwards the church. Quite possibly with a force of Relic empowered mages made by a certain mad scientist.

Major paranoia or Devious plot

Ok... probably paranoia
Old 2007-06-24, 18:43   Link #136
Serenity85
Horo-ism

woot yay got to see the raw^^ seeing as most people have already gone over the basics I'll just mention my thoughts on a few parts.

Spoiler for Ep 13:
Old 2007-06-24, 18:43   Link #137
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Man. I was exhausted before I started watching and the episode almost put me to sleep a few times. I'll give it another watch after a nap to clear my head, but not really all that much happened, and it did it kind of slowly.

Cappsage.
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=154
Old 2007-06-24, 19:02   Link #138
Meophist

Quote:
Actually, that's preciesely why I could see Nanoha dying. In order to protect Hayate, from herself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Last but not least...what's the greatest prophechy cliche ever? Prophecies are meant to be defied and changed. Be it with the power of courage, love, friendship, whatever...
Isn't the greatest prophecy cliche that it will happen no matter what despite efforts to change it?
Old 2007-06-24, 19:17   Link #139
Once and Current Subber

Er... if you have an unspecified "king" dying, and an annoying higher-up named Regius... come on, I can't be the only one to see it. ;p
Old 2007-06-24, 19:18   Link #140
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
Er... if you have an unspecified "king" dying, and an annoying higher-up named Regius... come on, I can't be the only one to see it. ;p
Seconded! I mean... his death will be remembered (and celebrated).
Closed Thread