AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-09-19, 08:46   Link #81
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Spoiler for Stregth subquest:
Spoiler:
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 09:49   Link #82
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

what a letdown, i hope he did better for Mitsuru!

<i m still at october since i had to leave my ps2 at home for my business trip>
Old 2007-09-19, 10:18   Link #83
Oppius
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 10:28   Link #84
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wait a minute
Spoiler for Lovers S.Link:

And nice to see the P3 character rankings poll. I quite agree with it, since I like Mitsuru the best (with Akihiko <3), then Yukari and then Chihiro (whoever for the main character), and of course, the main. Shame Aigis didn't place higher, since she's my fifth lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
Yeah, that's one thing I don't like either. The names such as "Agi" don't exactly let you know it's a fire skill. They should let you browse what each of the skills are when you're fusing Personas.
Actually, I kinda memorized agi/bufu/garu/zio/hama/mudo from persona 1/2. It's the new ones that throws me off.

And if you think p3 is bad with 6 types of magic, p2 had like what, 12? LOL

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 18:54   Link #85
u43368
Disabled By Request

I finished P3 last week, I actually wasn't dissapointed as I wasn't expecting much anyway.

Meh, did anyone hear about atlus' new Persona they're going to announce at TGS? I'm mildly excited, but I'm not getting my hopes up high.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 23:12   Link #86
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Ohoho, how sure are you?
Err....about 50%? When I got to that part, my mom called me, so I don't exactly remember something did happen there...
Guess I was wrong .
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 13:54   Link #87
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Spoiler for About Lovers:

They cant actually show anything, but ya >_>

btw P4 was "announced" for PS3, other than its existence, we dont know anything else
Old 2007-09-22, 07:20   Link #88
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Wait a minute
Spoiler for Lovers S.Link:

And nice to see the P3 character rankings poll. I quite agree with it, since I like Mitsuru the best (with Akihiko <3), then Yukari and then Chihiro (whoever for the main character), and of course, the main. Shame Aigis didn't place higher, since she's my fifth lol.

Actually, I kinda memorized agi/bufu/garu/zio/hama/mudo from persona 1/2. It's the new ones that throws me off.

And if you think p3 is bad with 6 types of magic, p2 had like what, 12? LOL
Spending a "special night" together doesn't necessarily mean they did it. It could just mean they spent the night huddled up together, chatting all night, just the two of them. A romantic night. Well, I guess it's up to your imagination what they did...

The number of names I had to remember weren't the worst I've come across but they could have made the names a little more obvious so that players can focus on the battles.

So, just finished the game at 70 hours and watched the two endings...

Spoiler:

I'll definitely be buying some of the books so that I can read back on the story whenever I want. I haven't played the previous Persona games but earlier MegaTen games such as the GBA one didn't really keep me playing for long. This one kept me playing until the end.
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 17:57   Link #89
Archmagination2002

Can anybody help be create a Ne-Zha? Everybody says that a Taraka x Orobas fusion results in it(as long as you have done the 29th Request), but I have done the 29th and the fusion doesn't work. It always results in a Nata Taishi. Help please.. I am trying to do the Magician's ultimate persona and that requires a Ne-Zha.
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 22:02   Link #90
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
Can anybody help be create a Ne-Zha? Everybody says that a Taraka x Orobas fusion results in it(as long as you have done the 29th Request), but I have done the 29th and the fusion doesn't work. It always results in a Nata Taishi. Help please.. I am trying to do the Magician's ultimate persona and that requires a Ne-Zha.
Hmm? I noticed that too.
Haven't gotten that high a level (in both Shujinkou's level and the S.Link), but I think Na-Zhe and Nata Taishi are one and the same?

At least, that's what I thought, from all the fusion tables in the internet. Possible Japanese name-change.
Old 2007-09-23, 00:24   Link #91
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

AFAIK, you can make Surt normally. That is, you don't HAVE to have a certain combination of persona to make him, as long as the persona's you're fusing is of decent level and of the right combination to make Magician class personas.

But yeah, Surt rocked at the level you get him. Fire Amp + Maragidyne just OHKO the summoned creatures of the 'flying' boss (apart from the fire resist one, but that's what the rest of the team is for), and Fire Amp+ Ragnarok two-shotted long hair guy before that lol.

@Xcomp
Subtetly ain't your specialty, huh? Nor are euphimisms? :P

Because if a guy and a girl is in the girl's room, and the two spent a memorable night together AFTER the girl confesses her love, what's the logical conclusion can we come to? While no one can say with absolute certainty they did it, it is still heavily implied that they did. It's teenagers we're talking about after all.

I mean, how else would they write in that they had sex without having to use the word 'sex', lol. Sure, the games rated mature, but even games like Baldur's Gate (in particular, the second) didn't put it that way either.

Old 2007-09-23, 06:40   Link #92
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
@Xcomp
Subtetly ain't your specialty, huh? Nor are euphimisms? :P

Because if a guy and a girl is in the girl's room, and the two spent a memorable night together AFTER the girl confesses her love, what's the logical conclusion can we come to? While no one can say with absolute certainty they did it, it is still heavily implied that they did. It's teenagers we're talking about after all.

I mean, how else would they write in that they had sex without having to use the word 'sex', lol. Sure, the games rated mature, but even games like Baldur's Gate (in particular, the second) didn't put it that way either.
You're right about the being direct part but, I believe what one concludes depends on their state of mind.
Old 2007-10-28, 20:10   Link #93
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

More fan animations of the A Certain Day of Summer drama CD! Hilarious stuff!
Summary of all the tracks can be found on my blog.

Old 2007-10-31, 04:23   Link #94
ryuusei

anyone heard of a pal release yet or should pal players lose hope of ever playing this game right about now?
ryuusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 12:44   Link #95
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Ok, I just recently got this game. The songs are quite catchy and have been stuck on my head for a while. The only complain I have is that it is semidifficult to level up (at least in the beginning of the game), until you reach the second block of the Tartarus. Any special Persona recommended at this point?
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 13:06   Link #96
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

U should be hitting the Hama/Mudo trap soon, save often, and try fusing Personas with resist/Null dark and light, or else u'll die, a lot.
Old 2007-11-01, 02:24   Link #97
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

If we have been hit by Mudo, will we use the homonculus automatically like when we hit by Hama?
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 20:54   Link #98
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

yes

personally i rather save those homu for later in game, but if u have no access to null dark and light, homu works fine
Old 2007-11-01, 23:18   Link #99
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally just abused the ability to get 'first strike' status nearly every time if you're cautious, and also abusing the weakness system.

IIRC, at around that time, I got a Persona (was it Inugami?) in which I had all 4 elements on him, and first strike + weakness means opponent never getting a turn. I had to expend some chewing souls since they're a drain in MP, but I didn't see it as waste in hindsight.

That's because in the mid game you get the knockdown command, in which 3 out of the 4 elements could be covered by your party members, thus drastically reducing mp usage since you have basically quadrupled your SP count. And near the end, you get SP restoring accessories, which meant I never used a chewing soul or something like that to restore MP ever again lol.

And Persona being Persona, I found physical skills to be lacking (which is a breath of fresh air from the typical RPG). Sure the Getsu-ei and its counterpart are great in their respective phases of the moon, and Cu Chuclain's pierce skill is awesome at that point in the game (especially if you get the crit rate up skill). But in mid game, almost no enemies are weak to it and you won't be able to OHKO them anymore, while in late game you're risking a gameover since the skills take so much HP despite having HP regen and/or skill mastery.

Biggest hit towards physical skills though is that it drastically reduces your shuffle time chances. Putting aside that shuffle time increases signifcantly by hitting monster's weakpoints (of which very few are weak to physical), physical skills also has a tendency not to give you shuffle time even if you cleared the monsters in one round because it counts as hp damage.

As such, I suggest you try and steer clear of the Chariot and Strength commus, as I certainly found them mostly useless being of the physical type. (Game though forces you to get at least 2 and 4 levels respectively in order to get tower, which is basically the 'free' commu) I found Magician to be most effective, but that's mainly because you won't get a dedicated fire mage till later in the game (Junpei has crap fire skills and SP reserve), and so you're pigeon-holed into becoming a fire mage. Also the fact that its the first commu in which you can access its ultimate form the fastest, I really don't think one can go wrong with it.

Another commu you might want to consider is Emperor, since I find a lot of enemies weak to electricity since a good portion of them are 'mechs'. However, that element is already covered by two potential characters, so there's some overlap. However you're rewarded with Odin, who has probably the most synergistic skill set out of most of the Personas. Best elec spell + elec amp + spell mastery? Only thing you need is an MP recharge skill, of which can be taken care off via accesories, and elec break, which shouldn't really be a problem.

Late game, it really doesn't matter what you use, as they're all powerful in their own right. A lot of people like Star for the best Persona in the game, but you can beat the game LONG before you get to level 88. I myself stopped at lvl 82, since IMO Shiva kicks ass if you give him fire amp, break and hopefully Ragnarok as well (spell master is good too).

As for party, I personally loved Yukari/Mitsuru/Akihiko with main being fire mage, since not only you got 3 of the four elements covered by party members, but these three have the highest MAG stats of their respective elements. So even if the mobs aren't weak to their element, they can still OHKO or at least close to it against random mobs. Pretty brainless too, since all you do is switch everyone to knockdown and you won't have to worry much about random battles.

As for equips and order, Yukari don't naturally get wind boost/amp (and thus, her accesory slot will be filled by the item that gives wind amp), and she's the main healer since she has earliest access to the better healing spells, so she should be last in order to conserve SP when you really need it. The other two should get their respecitve element boost items until you get extra SP regen items, which is more effective since they'll be spamming their spells non-stop.

One theoritical party is using Akihiko/Ken/Aigis as a party, while main is mainly emperor. While you lose the ablility to hit enemy weaknesses (which means dungeon crawling is much hardeR), you do gain 2 people who eventually have weapon masteries to somewhat compensate for this. And worst come to worst, it only needs one elec break to allow Aki and Ken to start using their elec skills to blow bosses up, while Aigis acts as support. Whats certain about this team is that its going to be hard on your wallet, since the effectiveness of this team somewhat relies on updated weapons. Compare this to the mage party, of which you only really need to purchase wind/elec/ice amp accessories (which is dirt cheap btw) since you won't need to ever buy weapons until the end since you're rarely attacking anyways.

Old 2007-11-02, 00:37   Link #100
MeganeShounen
Huh?

@DragoonKain3:

Those are a lot of interesting points there...

I wanted to personally see Messiah being wielded by the protagonist, just because I haven't seen any pictures of it. Also, since it is somewhat his "true and final" Persona, right after Orpheus and Thanatos.

And to the people who have already tackled the secret "Monad Depths(?)" dungeon, how dangerous are the enemies there? Boss-caliber?

Tags
ps2