AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2009-09-10, 15:23   Link #301
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

That could be the case, but it should compile if I knew what flags I should use to do a reconfigure with ffmpeg-mt and should be able to compile a 64-bit binary.
Old 2009-09-11, 23:02   Link #302
darukaru

You need to add --arch=x86_64 to the ffmpeg-config file if you want it to build on 10.6.

I got all the way to the final link and then had it throw me an undefined symbol error, to wit:

Undefined symbols:
"_sws_scale_ordered", referenced from:
_scale in vf_scale.o
_scale in vf_scale.o
_scale in vf_scale.o
_scale_image in vf_screenshot.o
_draw_slice in vf_screenshot.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer] Error 1
Old 2009-09-13, 16:52   Link #303
JayBlanc

Just compiled a Snow Leopard 64bit threaded version of mplayer...

You need to follow most of http://pigoz.wordpress.com/2009/09/0...mplayer-redux/ but with some changes to make it work for Snow Leopard and 64bit before you run make.

First, you need to replace the mplayer packaged with the SVN version for a raft of 64bit fixes, and an asm issue on Snow Leopard.

From within the mplayer-build dir,
# mv mplayer mplayer-old ; svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer
which moves the old mplayer source out of the way, then grabs the source from svn. (you need svn installed to do this of course, get it from macports if you need it)

Contents of my common_options
Quote:
# You can place options common for both MPlayer and FFmpeg configure in
# this file. This mainly makes sense for generic things like --cc.
# Place each option on its own line. Empty lines and lines starting with '#'
# are ignored. The options do not need quoting, so you can have for example
# --extra-libs=-lfoo -lbar
# (and NOT --extra-libs='-lfoo -lbar').
--cc=gcc-4.2
Contents of my mplayer_options
Quote:
# You can place options for MPlayer configure in this file.
--disable-x11
--disable-gl
--disable-mencoder
--disable-sdl
--enable-apple-remote
--enable-macosx-bundle
--target=x86_64-Darwin
Contents of my ffmpeg_options
Quote:
# You can place options for MPlayer configure in this file.
--disable-x11
--disable-gl
--disable-mencoder
--disable-sdl
--enable-apple-remote
--enable-macosx-bundle
--target=x86_64-Darwin
luxo:mplayer-build barberio$ cat ffmpeg_options
# You can place options for FFmpeg configure in this file.

--cpu=core2
--arch=x86_64
(Note, I tried to see if I could coax it into working with llvm, but it had hangups with ld. So it only builds with gcc at the moment)
Old 2009-09-13, 18:27   Link #304
JayBlanc

Important note if trying to use a 64bit mplayer in MPlayer OSX Extended.

It will only work in separate window Core-Video mode.

Embedded playback depends on shared-memory, which fails because of the 64bit break. And mplayer's Quartz VO seems to use carbon calls, which don't exist in 64bit land, so aren't compiled in.
Old 2009-09-13, 19:43   Link #305
Ripdog

Well, thanks to JayBlanc, I've managed to compile mplayer in 64bit, and it... mostly works.

I'm having some performance issues, though - files take ages to load, and some files have hugely varying framerates.

Also, even though i replaced ffmpeg with the version from the ordered-chapters repo (http://repo.or.cz/w/FFMpeg-mirror/ordered_chapters.git) there is no support for ordered chapters. Does anyone have any idea what's up with that? Also, why is there a ffmpeg_build directory and a ffmpeg-mt one? Are there some common files between ffmpeg and ffmpeg-mt?
Old 2009-09-14, 04:33   Link #306
pigoz
YUKI.N>

Send a message via MSN to pigoz
afaik if you built by replacing mplayer git with the svn one you will not get ordered chapters support

@JayBlanc: thank you for your contribution, when I will move to Snow Leopard I think I will compile for i386 target; there is no real drawback in running mplayer as a 32bit application.

Last edited by pigoz; 2009-09-14 at 04:54.
Old 2009-09-14, 06:03   Link #307
JayBlanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoz View Post
@JayBlanc: thank you for your contribution, when I will move to Snow Leopard I think I will compile for i386 target; there is no real drawback in running mplayer as a 32bit application.
Stress testing of mplayer-mt 32 bit as currently used by MPlayer OSX Ext, vs mplayer-mt 64 bit. Tested on a Late-2007 2Ghz Macbook, running 10.6.1, using an over-complexity stress-test 1080p avc sample. Lower number next to VC is better.

Mplayer 64 - BENCHMARKs: VC: 37.869s VO: 0.001s A: 0.446s Sys: 0.095s = 38.411s

Mplayer 32 - BENCHMARKs: VC: 48.443s VO: 0.001s A: 0.500s Sys: 0.104s = 49.048s
Old 2009-09-14, 06:45   Link #308
pigoz
YUKI.N>

It seems to be quite faster; let's hope to get a merge in mplayer.git soon.
Old 2009-09-14, 06:49   Link #309
Ripdog

Yeah, I'm an idiot.

I just realised that the ffmpeg ordered chapters branch is for *making* ordered chapters mkv's.

Are there any patches that can be applied to the latest svn revision for ordered chapters?
Old 2009-09-14, 09:17   Link #310
pigoz
YUKI.N>

There were patches but they are outdated. The best bet is to wait for Uoti to merge the new changes from the mplayer svn into the git fork.
Old 2009-09-15, 12:14   Link #311
JayBlanc

Just managed to build a hacked-together 64bit-land version of MPlayer OSX Extended. Unfortunately, I was wrong. The video out driver bug is not a simple 64bit break, there does appear to be some kind of shared buffer bug in the corevideo driver that shows up in 64bit land.

This is beyond my abilities to fix, so I'll have to wait till the bugs are ironed out in MPlayer.
Old 2009-09-26, 10:10   Link #312
pigoz
YUKI.N>

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBlanc View Post
Just managed to build a hacked-together 64bit-land version of MPlayer OSX Extended. Unfortunately, I was wrong. The video out driver bug is not a simple 64bit break, there does appear to be some kind of shared buffer bug in the corevideo driver that shows up in 64bit land.

This is beyond my abilities to fix, so I'll have to wait till the bugs are ironed out in MPlayer.
Hey installed SL today ( god it is fast ), managed to compile mplayer in 64bit with some help from uau. To get it running with CoreVideo you need to edit one line of the source code. More info here (sorry for spam).
Still doesn't work in embedded mode though, but it doesn't bother me too much
Old 2009-09-27, 05:19   Link #313
Kaonashi

Send a message via MSN to Kaonashi
Does rev11 work with Snow Leopard or should I wait for an update?
Old 2009-09-27, 07:10   Link #314
pigoz
YUKI.N>

it works but has some minor bugs like the blinking scrobble bar ...
Old 2009-09-27, 13:32   Link #315
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

With using the directions to make it work with Snow Leopard, it works perfectly except it needs to be in a separate window and the menu is messed up.
Spoiler for bigimage:

If you are lazy to build it or have a slow connection, you may download the compiled binary, but I'm not sure if you need to have the dependencies installed from Macports.
Old 2009-10-03, 18:59   Link #316
LordMelkor

So is MPlayer Extended a dead project?
Old 2009-10-06, 09:11   Link #317
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I wouldn't say it's a dead project, but I think that it would take awhile until the MPlayer OS X Extended Frontend becomes Snow Leopard compatible...

Anyways, while using the 64-bit MPlayer build I have built, there is some kind of bug with taking snapshots and scrubbing. If you take a snapshot, it won't appear on the desktop unless you press the play button. This is the same with scrubbing since it doesn't function at all unless you press the play button. I'm guessing this is a bug with the frontend since it's not a 64-bit application.
Old 2009-10-09, 22:42   Link #318
Kaonashi

Send a message via MSN to Kaonashi
Maybe I should go back to regularly compiling the SVN and use the command-line mplayer.
Old 2009-10-10, 07:19   Link #319
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to anime_layer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMelkor View Post
So is MPlayer Extended a dead project?
Well, sorry for wanting to have something to eat and therefore prioritizing projects with a possible income.

I've just released rev12-test1 fixing the two most glaring SL bugs:
* Scrubbing bar redrawing fixed
* Crash when rotating logs fixed

Few notes on this build:
* Compiling against the 10.4 SDK seems to be tricky on SL and I haven't yet figured it out. I might drop 10.4 support for rev12 in the process.
* This is still 32bit. I don't think 64bit is very pressing but I'll look into it. It should also be possible to switch back to the 32bit version for the binary codecs (which aren't 64bit). I think that will need changes to Extended to select the right MPlayer architecture to use.
* I still use the official repository and that will probably stay that way. I plan however to implement some kind of binary loading interface to make it easier to roll custom MPlayer binaries.

I've also switched from Trac to Redmine (which is just like Trac - just better) and really like the additional features so far. You're welcome to try it out. Currently issues and the wiki are open to anonymous users but if it gets too much span, I'll have to switch to registered-only.

UPDATE: rev12-test1 had an unfortunate linking issue which made it crash on launch. rev12-test2 fixes this problem:
http://mplayerosxext.googlecode.com/...ev12-test2.dmg

Last edited by anime_layer; 2009-10-10 at 10:13.
Old 2009-10-10, 23:07   Link #320
Cpuroast

CPU usage nearly doubles in Rev12-Test2 compared to Rev11

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_layer View Post
Well, sorry for wanting to have something to eat and therefore prioritizing projects with a possible income.

I've just released rev12-test1 fixing the two most glaring SL bugs:
* Scrubbing bar redrawing fixed
* Crash when rotating logs fixed

Few notes on this build:
* Compiling against the 10.4 SDK seems to be tricky on SL and I haven't yet figured it out. I might drop 10.4 support for rev12 in the process.
* This is still 32bit. I don't think 64bit is very pressing but I'll look into it. It should also be possible to switch back to the 32bit version for the binary codecs (which aren't 64bit). I think that will need changes to Extended to select the right MPlayer architecture to use.
* I still use the official repository and that will probably stay that way. I plan however to implement some kind of binary loading interface to make it easier to roll custom MPlayer binaries.

I've also switched from Trac to Redmine (which is just like Trac - just better) and really like the additional features so far. You're welcome to try it out. Currently issues and the wiki are open to anonymous users but if it gets too much span, I'll have to switch to registered-only.

UPDATE: rev12-test1 had an unfortunate linking issue which made it crash on launch. rev12-test2 fixes this problem:
http://mplayerosxext.googlecode.com/...ev12-test2.dmg
I just tried Rev12-Test2 on Snow Leopard.

It seems that CPU usage during playback nearly doubles in Rev12-Test2 compared to Rev11. Playing back H.264. Haven't tried files encoded in other formats.

This is true for the MT and non-MT options.

I'll stick with Rev11 for now.

Tags
wiki candidate