AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-08, 15:59   Link #81
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
I think your concerns should be laid to rest by this reveal. After all, if your frustration is at the recent output of KyoAni, it doesn't hurt to note that now we know that their real focus has been this project. Now yes, it says something about them overall that they'd half-produce things to fill in the gaps, but at the same time, they're also more likely to give this some serious blood, sweat and tears.
There's absolutely nothing that guarantees any of that, that's the problem.
Old 2009-10-08, 16:07   Link #82
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
They'll probably use Orchestrated Hare Hare Yukai (See Suzumiya Haruhi no Gensou) XD
Old 2009-10-08, 16:18   Link #83
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

This is the worst Haruhi news I've heard all year.

We're going to be waiting another entire goddamn year for this stupid thing so we can get some fucking subs. Great, just great.

I mean, sure, it's great and all that we're getting it, but I would have much preferred a, you know, TV SHOW.

...I can totally see them airing another season in Fall '09 and us actually seeing it BEFORE the goddamn DVD comes out. (At least it's not an OVA...)

...At least I have no doubt this'll be 100 minutes long or so, given KyoAni and source material. ufotable's Kara no Kyoukai V was about that long, right?

Sigh... well, at least we're getting it... that's all I gotta keep saying... at least we're getting it...
Old 2009-10-08, 16:20   Link #84
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Gives you about a year to catch up with Kyonko....
Old 2009-10-08, 16:24   Link #85
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Yeah, just be happy we're getting something, It was a nit difficult for me to understand alot of it, anyway.
Plus, Amy wants to see some alternate Haruhi

Last edited by AmyElizzabeth; 2009-10-08 at 16:44. Reason: sorry about the genderbender thing, that wasn't me. It was my friend. I'm sorry!
Old 2009-10-08, 16:38   Link #86
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Don't mind him..he's got a love/hate bipolar thing going on with KyoAni now.
Old 2009-10-08, 16:39   Link #87
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
*snip*
Hey, I don't like waiting for something I could have had... oh... a few months ago?

I mean, it's great that we're getting it and all, but I just...

It's not really a big deal. I'm just reeeeallllyyyy disappointed that I have to wait for the DVD release like this. It's plain that not many other people seem to think this, so I'll shut up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Don't mind him..he's got a love/hate bipolar thing going on with KyoAni now.
I love most of their shows but damn do I hate Kadokawa. Not KyoAni.

If only there were other people good at the same kind of show... >_>

Now... where, exactly, is my Little Busters? Disappearance can't be the only thing they're working on...
Old 2009-10-08, 16:41   Link #88
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

I think so too, once It airs and gets...wherever It's going to be...
then we'll have to wait awhile for DVDs, then we'll wait even longer for subs.
It's times like this I hate not speaking Japanese
Old 2009-10-08, 16:46   Link #89
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

I'd like to clarify that while I am not categorically against further filler, I'm not suggesting they throw it out either. My sincere hope going forward is that they focus on Haruhi Suzumiya, really trying to give the franchise its full due and add something unique to what the novels have already set out. If they focus on it, KyoAni can catch up with the novels and then they can go on and focus on alternative projects until a new backlog of material builds up. I am skeptical as to whether or not they will do this in the long run, but at the very least, going the ultra-dedicated route of making Disappearance a movie is a good sign.
Old 2009-10-08, 16:46   Link #90
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post

We're going to be waiting another entire goddamn year for this stupid thing so we can get some fucking subs. Great, just great.

I mean, sure, it's great and all that we're getting it, but I would have much preferred a, you know, TV SHOW.

...I can totally see them airing another season in Fall '09 and us actually seeing it BEFORE the goddamn DVD comes out. (At least it's not an OVA...)

...At least I have no doubt this'll be 100 minutes long or so, given KyoAni and source material. ufotable's Kara no Kyoukai V was about that long, right?

Sigh... well, at least we're getting it... that's all I gotta keep saying... at least we're getting it...
Now you know how I feel waiting for Gundam Unicorn and 00 the movie. I mean odds are it'll be tough even finding people to sub works this long let alone to find quality raws. Granted we have no idea how long the Haruhi movie is going to be. Personally I'm picturing something in the 90-120 minute range myself. Anime movies don't usually get much longer than that, Char's Counterattack being more an exception than a rule with it's crazy 124 minute length.

Hmmm...now that I think of it Haruhi will probably have no trouble finding willing subbers if not multiple options. Haruhi fans should consider themselves lucky in that regard.
Old 2009-10-08, 16:48   Link #91
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
I already read the novel way back when anyway, so plot doesn't really matter. It's the impressions like "Wooo definitely made up for 3 years of trolling and Endless Eight!" or "FAIL FAIL KyoAni, God is DEAD!" that give you certain expectations that are most damaging (they take away the fun part of watching Haruhi IMO, where you never know what to expect).

And for people like Akka who don't want to be spoiled, that's like a whole half year of avoiding half the Internet!
Yeah, poor Akka.

You say the truth, but I totally give up don't be 'spoiled' (I am including the quality of the episode/movie here) with anything related to Haruhi. This really don't bother me. I will just avoid screenshots (to not torture myself) and related discussions.

Quote:
The fact it is a real news is enough to worth it to me. I mean, better knowing then stay in the dark until come out right?

Quote:
You probably mean Fall '10. But, yeah. However, this would actually be a very positive thinking about the next season. I am not waiting nothing until 2011.

Quote:
Well, that wouldn't be enough to Disappearance? this is more or less 5 episodes right? Excluding OP and ED.

PP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Personally I'm picturing something in the 90-120 minute range myself. Anime movies don't usually get much longer than that, Char's Counterattack being more an exception than a rule with it's crazy 124 minute length.
It don't need much more then it, really. 120 mins is about 6 episodes.
Old 2009-10-08, 16:51   Link #92
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

So, if It is 120 minites, It'll be about as long as the Melancholy Arc if you watched it back to back and no theme songs?
Old 2009-10-08, 16:52   Link #93
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

About the only anime movie series that i know of that was almost always over 120 minutes were the Space Battleship Yamato movies with the majority of them being around 150 minutes long. (and Final Yamato being 163 minutes long).

I doubt the Haruhi movie could be that long. 120 minutes would be fine.
Old 2009-10-08, 16:53   Link #94
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

I'm not really worrying about the length of the movie. KyoAni is usually pretty good with cramming lots of story into a short period of time, and somehow managing to avoid making it crappy. It worked in 2006, at least.

...this is ignoring Endless Eight, of course.
Old 2009-10-08, 16:57   Link #95
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyusername View Post
I'm not really worrying about the length of the movie. KyoAni is usually pretty good with cramming lots of story into a short period of time, and somehow managing to avoid making it crappy. It worked in 2006, at least.
Which is why we don't need to worry about compression. Disappearance is the shortest book anyway.

The only thing we need to worry about is them cutting Kyon's monologues short... the one in the middle of the book and the very last one are probably the most important parts of his development in the entire series.
Old 2009-10-08, 16:59   Link #96
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Disappearance in general was (in my opinion) was his big character development.
Old 2009-10-08, 17:11   Link #97
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Is it just me or was that just about the blandest lamest trailer humanly possible?
Probably because it isn't a trailer, it's a teaser. And like all teasers it's underwhelming and short.

Or haven't you seen any movie teasers before?
Old 2009-10-08, 17:15   Link #98
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
For what it's worth, I think this in particular is pretty unlikely. Japanese anime publishers are actually rather conscientious about timing. For example, the reason for a Spring 2010 release is because the last of the new Haruhi DVDs is released in end-March 2010. So, the movie keeps the momentum going on the Haruhi merchandise train. If they announced a subsequent season to come shortly after the movie, odds are rather high that they would time the DVD to release the month before the show starts airing, to serve as a sort of Prelude to the show.

That being said, I suspect this is a bit of a moot point, as I think it more probable that they will do some work for Pony Canyon after the Haruhi movie, so another TV series in Fall 2010 is probably a bit too soon, IMO. We'll see.
Old 2009-10-08, 17:17   Link #99
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
We already waited 3 years, what's another 6 months?
Yeah, it should be natural for anime fans having to wait several months for something they like.

In my case (and just to name a few)....

Wait months between every Eve no Jikan episode, between the releases of Tsubasa Cat and now this.
Old 2009-10-08, 17:20   Link #100
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

So does this explain some of the quality moments in Endless 8? They were working on this movie?
Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, shounen